Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with hyper children?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    So then why arent more mothers joining the rebellion against society, reasurring children there is nothing wrong with them, and teaching them ways to be happy and prosper by avoiding the common inferior establishment?
    There are, they call their children indigo children (look it up) these mothers believe their children are more evolved than other children, society doesn't fit their children rather than their child doesn't fit society. I don't know how i feel about this theory because it's hard to find information on it that isn't new aged. I have read that it really isn't a new aged theory though but that it's more a long the lines you describe things to be. I just heard the term recently and it's interesting, i'd like to learn more about it.

But you can't teach society to adapt to a child instead you have to find subtle ways that make it easier for the child to adapt without changing who the child or making them feel like they are defective. I was actually up late last night couldn't fall a sleep because I am worried about how my son will be socially in kindergarten. He wants to hug everyone he meets, I know it doesn't sound like a bad thing but I am worried about him socially with that. It's not that we want to change our children, we just don't want them to suffer in society. I was a child who was "different" and maybe part of my problem was that my parents wanted me to fit the mold and i couldn't, I don't want my son to have the social problems that i had growing up.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Feel free Internet psychology is so much fun
    I need more than one liners. In fact I have not read any of your comments on the message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    I honestly by your posts do not think you had or have add or adhd. You sound like you were a curious kid, but responsible as well? Ambitions are great, even if they don't follow the norm, they are still ambitions right?

I do not have diabetes, I was just making a comment - I could have said cancer - if my child had cancer, I would give them some medication after doing the research as well. Some people are just into non medications to treat things is all.

A person or a child who has an advanced case of add will make choices that are definately not in his or her best interest, for instance, they will not think about the future or consequences of their actions. They tend to live for the moment. I suppose that's fine for some, but if it won't get you far if you always do that.
    I like what you are stating August. Each case is what they call a case by case basis. Just like treating colds, each person, child or elderly responds differently to treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    I honestly by your posts do not think you had or have add or adhd. You sound like you were a curious kid, but responsible as well? Ambitions are great, even if they don't follow the norm, they are still ambitions right?
    Thanks but Im 40 now. From 3 to 18 was hell for everyone. I learned to be responsible because parents [reluctantly] gave me responsibility. 1st grade had to make my own lunch or go hungry. 2nd grade had to do my own laundry or smell. 3rd grade yard work around the neighborhood or no money for the shoes and clothes I preffered to wear to school. Chores at home were bartered for what parents normally provide for a child anyway. They gave me an old black and white tv for my room, I wanted color, so I worked for neighbors and bought a color set better than theirs. At 10 they bought me a Huffy, I sold it and paid the difference for a MongooseBMX racing bike (boy were they pissed about that one, LOL). Motorcycles werent allowed so I bought one and kept it at a friends house on the Clarence side of Transit Road, crossing Transit got me grounded so I just lived at the friends house til that BS rule was omitted. lol

7th grade thru 11th, believe me the stories would blow your mind.

Point is, there is no reason kids today cant do similar things for themselves. Im convinced its the parents who hold them back thinking theyre doing them a favor by prolonging their so-called childhood because their cute little helpless baby is going to have to face all the dangers of real life later on. And then they wonder why the kid is still freeloading at home when theyre 21. And still on welfare shooting coke when theyre 35.

"A man is what his mother made him"...Period!

And the saddist part is females are more attracted to these schnooks, and it takes deliveing a few babies of their own to realize theyve ended up with a deadbeat and wished they wouldnt have rejected the real men back in high school and collage.

No wonder society is so screwed up. Females must not realize the power they have or cant figure out how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    There are, they call their children indigo children (look it up) these mothers believe their children are more evolved than other children, society doesn't fit their children rather than their child doesn't fit society. I don't know how i feel about this theory because it's hard to find information on it that isn't new aged. I have read that it really isn't a new aged theory though but that it's more a long the lines you describe things to be. I just heard the term recently and it's interesting, i'd like to learn more about it.
    Yep. I know about them. Its wonderful, and worth your time to research and implement. You can get good info about the indigos through this site - http://www.crystalinks.com/ - just scroll to the bottom of the home page and do a search. Its loaded with info.

heres one to get you started- http://www.crystalinks.com/indigochildren.html

Thanks but Im 40 now. From 3 to 18 was hell for everyone. I learned to be responsible because parents [reluctantly] gave me responsibility. 1st grade had to make my own lunch or go hungry. 2nd grade had to do my own laundry or smell. 3rd grade yard work around the neighborhood or no money for the shoes and clothes I preffered to wear to school. Chores at home were bartered for what parents normally provide for a child anyway. They gave me an old black and white tv for my room, I wanted color, so I worked for neighbors and bought a color set better than theirs. At 10 they bought me a Huffy, I sold it and paid the difference for a MongooseBMX racing bike (boy were they pissed about that one, LOL). Motorcycles werent allowed so I bought one and kept it at a friends house on the Clarence side of Transit Road, crossing Transit got me grounded so I just lived at the friends house til that BS rule was omitted. lol
    That's interesting that you state you had to do your own laundry or smell. I read this as a theory called "consequencial punishment."
    You teach your children to follow the rules by teaching them natural consequences. It's a little more detailed though, like if your child is suppose to take out the garbage you put the garbage in the child's room.

But to some extent i do believe in teaching a child indepence. I just think you have to be careful on how you approach it. It can be done in a loving way.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Yep. I know about them. Its wonderful, and worth your time to research and implement. You can get good info about the indigos through this site - http://www.crystalinks.com/ - just scroll to the bottom of the home page and do a search. Its loaded with info.

heres one to get you started- http://www.crystalinks.com/indigochildren.html
    Thanks i will look more into it. From what i read about it, it describes my older sister to a tee. I don't know about my son being indigo, he's not interverted at all and from what i read the children tend to not be outgoing.

thank you for the links though because i did want to read more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I like what you are stating August. Each case is what they call a case by case basis. Just like treating colds, each person, child or elderly responds differently to treatment.
    Right. And thats why "conventional" treatment is not worth the time and money. Natural treatments produce long term health and balance. Conventional is just a quick fix using suppression. Long term conventional is poison.

I need more than one liners. In fact I have not read any of your comments on the message boards.
    I'll try to be more active then, I suppose

I'll try to be more active then, I suppose
    Well, that is cute. So I suspect you are shy, you really do not like to reveal but not sure if you want to.

It's OK, have a good day.

7th grade thru 11th, believe me the stories would blow your mind.

Point is, there is no reason kids today cant do similar things for themselves. Im convinced its the parents who hold them back thinking theyre doing them a favor by prolonging their so-called childhood because their cute little helpless baby is going to have to face all the dangers of real life later on. And then they wonder why the kid is still freeloading at home when theyre 21. And still on welfare shooting coke when theyre 35.

"A man is what his mother made him"...Period!

And the saddist part is females are more attracted to these schnooks, and it takes deliveing a few babies of their own to realize theyve ended up with a deadbeat and wished they wouldnt have rejected the real men back in high school and collage.

No wonder society is so screwed up. Females must not realize the power they have or cant figure out how to use it.

Wow, that is a story. A story that more children experienced than we think. Back in the days, I think times were tougher. My life growing up was real real bad and inspite of that I am not a synical person. I should be, but I'm not.

Well, that is cute. So I suspect you are shy, you really do not like to reveal but not sure if you want to.

It's OK, have a good day.
    You have a good one as well There's other threads on here I'm posting about. Just not too much to say on this topic, as I feel most will fall on deaf ears anyways. ie "Indigo" being based on merely the Forer Effect aka the P.T. Barnum effect.

Defined from Wikipedia

Forer Effect (aka Barum Effect after P.T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone.") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specificially for them, but are in fact vague & general enough to apply to a wide range of people."

That is exactly the format of observation. What also applies is patterns of behavior may make an observational comment too. Like Sylvan, he is pretty much consistant with his comments.

You are new, I did read that you were in the US Army , 1st squadron. You are an honorable person. That was just an opinion.

You have a good one as well There's other threads on here I'm posting about. Just not too much to say on this topic, as I feel most will fall on deaf ears anyways. ie "Indigo" being based on merely the Forer Effect aka the P.T. Barnum effect.
    Ok I never studied psychology and all my childhood psychology knowledge comes from my own research and from hand on experience in dealing with a boy who has sensory processing disorder.

I have heard of the forer effect and from what i understand it simply means providing child with a more personalized educational plan. Is that right or wrong? I am going to have to look it up again.

Forer Effect (aka Barum Effect after P.T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone.") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specificially for them, but are in fact vague & general enough to apply to a wide range of people."

That is exactly the format of observation. What also applies is patterns of behavior may make an observational comment too. Like Sylvan, he is pretty much consistant with his comments.

You are new, I did read that you were in the US Army , 1st squadron. You are an honorable person. That was just an opinion.
    To me this idea has some merit but then again I haven't read many studies on it. I don't think the lesson plan needs to be tailored to the child's personality, but i do think that surroundings and the way it is taught should fit specifically per child. I think it has more to do with a child's neurological system than personality. Some children need silence to concentrate and read, other children work better with noise, etc etc.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information