Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with hyper children?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    I was a guinea pig before drugs became the trend. Was always at my best and happiest when simply left alone to meet a challenge instead of being "ordered" what and when to do something by someone whose ways of doing things werent as efficient as mine or completely incompetent. Self medicating from 14 to 18 was to escape the persecution which also actually opened my mind making me more wellrounded and patient than others in the long run because I made the schedule, NOT a bunch of academic authoritarian pharaceuticalists with an agenda.

There are followers and there are leaders. When a follower breeds a leader and tries to make the leader follow them, thats the beginning of the conflict and balloons into dysfunction. So the instincts of the hyper child teach them that if theyre not allowed to do things in the ways that are efficient for them, dont waste time and go through the burdens of doing anything at all. They just wait for the oppertunity to escape their parents hell and oppression, find like minded people who understand them, and figure out everything else on their own.

I'll betcha the overwelming majority, when they become adults, end up not just successful, but also become the most rightous people in society, and NOT the trouble makers that the studies and statistics used by big businesses as propaganda for monetery profit.
    I see, thank you for sharing. I know then where you are coming from. Our society views things as non-conformists & conformists. Or are you part of the "norm" or "not."

In research they have found that especially in boys, activity is essential. It does not preclude it to be hyperactivity. Therefore, rather than allowing children to play and run and be active, our society decided that it is too much to handle and label it "hyperactivity." Which by the way is not to be diagnosed until 8 years old.

Instead of society increasing extra-curricular activites, they decided to remove most of it. Outdoor activities like recess, gym three to four times a week are know longer. What happened? Children became more hyperactive because they weren't getting the exercise. Teachers assessed them, doctors medicated them.

Outcome: Obesity, medicated children and happy teachers.

I won't even go into the family dynamics. But I will if asked. Although we know what it is anyways.

When I was little, children were seen and not heard. Discipline and structure is an important componet.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Because to some extent they are and they have to be conditioned for society to some extent. We all have to conform to some extent to get by. I agree with what you say usually to some extent, but society has to maintain some order.

You have to teach children what is appropriate and what isn't.
    What is appropriate to some is not appropriate to others. The order that society has been conditioned to follow has been perverted into a narrow minded dependence and entilement state. This prevents those who are more enlightend, have higher tolorance levels, talents and abilities from prospering to their full potential because their forced to remain at someones slower pace.

Metaphorical example: Speed limit is 55mph and youre stuck behind someone doing 45. You know you can do 60 and not be pulled over by the cops. So you tailgate a bit to hint to the person in front theyre going too slow. Now, instead of that person simply signaling and moving over onto the shoulder to give you room to pass, they either stay at 45 and wonder why their being tailgated (retard), or they think tailgating is inappropriate (or dangerous) and slow down to 40 forcing you to conform to their pace. Then there is an oppertunity to pass, so you start to go around them and they speed up to 55 or 60 attempting to block you from going ahead of them. Now youre ahead and cruising 55-60 you look in your mirror and there they are tailgating you like theyre going to teach some kind of a lesson. You could care less about a tailgater because you know its just a quick polite way to signal someone to please allow them pass. But now that you are in front and have brought the pace to where it should have been a long time ago, theres no noble or rational reason for them to be tailgating when their preference before was 45. So you here a tire pop and look in your mirror and watch their car jump a ditch, smash into a utlity pole and explode. Now the cops investigate and bust you for speeding in a no passing zone and being the cause of the accident. You know it was the rightious thing to have happen for the betterment of society, so why should you be punished, persecuted, or shunned? You just did society a favor by helping to get rid of another ass hole!

Can you see how this metaphor can be applied to many other situtations?

Why should the nature of the slower dysfunctional society be allowed to prevent the pace of ascension of others when its usually the inventions and creations made by the more competent and enlightend who make life more comfortable and oppertunistic for the slower and incapable people in the first place. Ungrateful morons!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I see, thank you for sharing. I know then where you are coming from. Our society views things as non-conformists & conformists. Or are you part of the "norm" or "not."

In research they have found that especially in boys, activity is essential. It does not preclude it to be hyperactivity. Therefore, rather than allowing children to play and run and be active, our society decided that it is too much to handle and label it "hyperactivity." Which by the way is not to be diagnosed until 8 years old.

Instead of society increasing extra-curricular activites, they decided to remove most of it. Outdoor activities like recess, gym three to four times a week are know longer. What happened? Children became more hyperactive because they weren't getting the exercise. Teachers assessed them, doctors medicated them.

Outcome: Obesity, medicated children and happy teachers.

I won't even go into the family dynamics. But I will if asked. Although we know what it is anyways.

When I was little, children were seen and not heard. Discipline and structure is an important componet.
    Okay. Please explain the family dynamics. Should be beneficial for everyone to read, including myself!

Time to physically remove these so-called "happy teachers" and find those who would be thrilled to use their energy mentoring children to thrive on natural instincts instead of the academics designed by greedy big business to enslave them in a life of dependence.

...are you part of the "norm" or "not."
    Abosolutely not. Being called abnormal or crazy, to me, is a compliment.

By definition, being normal is similar to, or a stage of, insanity. Crazy keeps me from going insane, and that is healthy for me. As far as the word "foolish" being used in part of the definition of crazy, when I make mistake I acknowldge it, learn from it, and adapt. Humor is also healthy for esteem.

Well, I won't really go into the family dynamics because we all know how it is today as opposed to years ago.

However, if a person who is an adult knows the difference between right and wrong then that is what gives society that thing called "Order."

So let me take a shot at profiling you, based on your continued curiosity.

~~you appear to be a rebel rouser
    ~~you must be not very tall, because you voice your opinions louder than most
    ~~I think you are more of a loner than one who is with many people all the time
    ~~I think you might see the glass half empty rather than half full
    ~~I think you might not trust to easily
    ~~I think you choose your friends very carefully
    ~~I think you have a low tolerance for immaturity or people who act childish
    ~~I thnik you have adapted well into the world and you did this all by your self
    ~~You depend only on yourself
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is just an example of what people do in this society, figure people out. This was just for dialog and fun. Not meant to be personal at all.

So the solution is to declare a disorder and drug them into conformation?

So what if the relatives, schoolmates, and neighborhood doesnt want to be around them, ever think that maybe the so-called ADHD child is just instinctively smarter and more talented, and its the incompetent, dictatorial, and hypocritical behavior of the others that is causing the hyperactivity and inattention in the first place?

New borns mimic those who are providing their essentials. Its those who are raising them who provide the path to disorder.

No human being likes to feel persecutued and oppressed, especially by their own parents. Drugging a kid is just an excuse for a parent to deni their own inabilities and [possibly] laziness.
    I think it all depends (in regard to drugs) how severe the add or adhd is? If a child is reckless because they take chances and act impulsively then perhaps meds (used sparingly) would be in order. Take a 17 year old or even 18 year old who still has not learned to get his add in order himself behind the wheel of a car? Not really a good mix, as these children do act impulsively.

Every "disorder" has different severity. Take diabetes for instance, some cases can be controlled with diet, others need medicine. If my child needed the medicine, you can bet I would give it to them. I would prefer to control it with diet, but that is not always possible.

And when I am speaking of meds, please understand that I am not for medicating a child into silence to just "sit" there and look like a vegetable.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    I think it all depends (in regard to drugs) how severe the add or adhd is? If a child is reckless because they take chances and act impulsively then perhaps meds (used sparingly) would be in order. Take a 17 year old or even 18 year old who still has not learned to get his add in order himself behind the wheel of a car? Not really a good mix, as these children do act impulsively.

Every "disorder" has different severity. Take diabetes for instance, some cases can be controlled with diet, others need medicine. If my child needed the medicine, you can bet I would give it to them. I would prefer to control it with diet, but that is not always possible.

And when I am speaking of meds, please understand that I am not for medicating a child into silence to just "sit" there and look like a vegetable.
    Kids arent prepared to handle a car because their parents restrict them from learning machine opperation when theyre young. Any child can learn throtel, brakes, and stearing beginning with the toys they play with to lawn tractor, to go-carts, 4 wheelers, to snowmobiles, and then the family car in an empty parking lot or field as soon as they can reach the peddals. I steered my fathers car when I was 7 and drove it when I was 12. At 15 I owned my own car that I payed for with money I earned from cutting grass and shoveling snow. 16th b-day, 5 minutes after receiving learner permit, and against my mothers demand I drove her straight onto the 290 at 60mph passing the idiots and go with the flow of others, and took her home, no problem. Just ask my parents about my ADHD and they'll admit they were the ones who caused it, (mother mostly) then realized the remedy was when they set me free to follow "my" ambitions.

Diabetes? Ha! What a joke! Get this DVD, follow the advice, and watch the diabetes disappear! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00132XZFQ/...l_256aq7b6pk_e

Well, I won't really go into the family dynamics because we all know how it is today as opposed to years ago.

However, if a person who is an adult knows the difference between right and wrong then that is what gives society that thing called "Order."

So let me take a shot at profiling you, based on your continued curiosity.

~~you appear to be a rebel rouser
    ~~you must be not very tall, because you voice your opinions louder than most
    ~~I think you are more of a loner than one who is with many people all the time
    ~~I think you might see the glass half empty rather than half full
    ~~I think you might not trust to easily
    ~~I think you choose your friends very carefully
    ~~I think you have a low tolerance for immaturity or people who act childish
    ~~I thnik you have adapted well into the world and you did this all by your self
    ~~You depend only on yourself
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is just an example of what people do in this society, figure people out. This was just for dialog and fun. Not meant to be personal at all.
    3 are right on.
    4 are only semi-accurate
    2 arent me

interesting though.

What is appropriate to some is not appropriate to others. The order that society has been conditioned to follow has been perverted into a narrow minded dependence and entilement state. This prevents those who are more enlightend, have higher tolorance levels, talents and abilities from prospering to their full potential because their forced to remain at someones slower pace.

Metaphorical example: Speed limit is 55mph and youre stuck behind someone doing 45. You know you can do 60 and not be pulled over by the cops. So you tailgate a bit to hint to the person in front theyre going too slow. Now, instead of that person simply signaling and moving over onto the shoulder to give you room to pass, they either stay at 45 and wonder why their being tailgated (retard), or they think tailgating is inappropriate (or dangerous) and slow down to 40 forcing you to conform to their pace. Then there is an oppertunity to pass, so you start to go around them and they speed up to 55 or 60 attempting to block you from going ahead of them. Now youre ahead and cruising 55-60 you look in your mirror and there they are tailgating you like theyre going to teach some kind of a lesson. You could care less about a tailgater because you know its just a quick polite way to signal someone to please allow them pass. But now that you are in front and have brought the pace to where it should have been a long time ago, theres no noble or rational reason for them to be tailgating when their preference before was 45. So you here a tire pop and look in your mirror and watch their car jump a ditch, smash into a utlity pole and explode. Now the cops investigate and bust you for speeding in a no passing zone and being the cause of the accident. You know it was the rightious thing to have happen for the betterment of society, so why should you be punished, persecuted, or shunned? You just did society a favor by helping to get rid of another ass hole!

Can you see how this metaphor can be applied to many other situtations?

Why should the nature of the slower dysfunctional society be allowed to prevent the pace of ascension of others when its usually the inventions and creations made by the more competent and enlightend who make life more comfortable and oppertunistic for the slower and incapable people in the first place. Ungrateful morons!
    I do and you are right society is holding these gifted children back. Most children with a "dysfunction" like add/adhd or even spd would have fit society in the past. Today we are trained to think a child working on a farm is child labor but really it is natural for some children.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    I do and you are right society is holding these gifted children back. Most children with a "dysfunction" like add/adhd or even spd would have fit society in the past. Today we are trained to think a child working on a farm is child labor but really it is natural for some children.
    So then why arent more mothers joining the rebellion against society, reasurring children there is nothing wrong with them, and teaching them ways to be happy and prosper by avoiding the common inferior establishment?

3 are right on.
    4 are only semi-accurate
    2 arent me

interesting though.
    Interestingly, those characteristics sound much like a Forer Effect Group. They appear to fit nearly everyone, and therefore describe nothing.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Interestingly, those characteristics sound much like a Forer Effect Group. They appear to fit nearly everyone, and therefore describe nothing.

Food for thought.
    Listen, we were just throwing things around having fun. If you comment more often, I might be able to profile you too.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post

Food for thought.
    haha...yeah like astrology.

Just ask my parents about my ADHD and they'll admit they were the ones who caused it, (mother mostly) then realized the remedy was when they set me free to follow "my" ambitions.

Diabetes? Ha! What a joke! Get this DVD, follow the advice, and watch the diabetes disappear! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00132XZFQ/...l_256aq7b6pk_e
    I honestly by your posts do not think you had or have add or adhd. You sound like you were a curious kid, but responsible as well? Ambitions are great, even if they don't follow the norm, they are still ambitions right?

I do not have diabetes, I was just making a comment - I could have said cancer - if my child had cancer, I would give them some medication after doing the research as well. Some people are just into non medications to treat things is all.

A person or a child who has an advanced case of add will make choices that are definately not in his or her best interest, for instance, they will not think about the future or consequences of their actions. They tend to live for the moment. I suppose that's fine for some, but if it won't get you far if you always do that.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Listen, we were just throwing things around having fun. If you comment more often, I might be able to profile you too.
    Feel free Internet psychology is so much fun

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information