Thread: How misleading/incomplete can the Buf News be ? "Double Dip" goes unnoticed.

How misleading/incomplete can the Buf News be ? "Double Dip" goes unnoticed.

Buf News , "One supervisor's salary would go up $30,000, another would jump nearly 27 percent. Another would see a 2 percent increase.

In Lancaster, Supervisor Johanna M. Coleman is proposing a 2 percent raise, the first raise in five years for the town's nine elected officials. The supervisor's salary would increase to $68,337, from $66,997" -

Also , I believe they forgot to mention stipends added to Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman (Metz) take home pay!

They also don't feel the need to mention Supervisor Ms Coleman also collects her full tax funded pension !

Yes, on top of her Town Tax-Funded Pension - she collects her full tax-funded paycheck - tax funded benefits - tax funded healthcare and tax funded stipends. "Double dip Plan"

Lancaster seems to have adopted it successfully - all our employees and elected officials know Lancaster TaxPayers support the
    "The Lan Dem Double Dip Plan"

- Just retire and come back to work and start collecting two tax-funded checks and full tax funded benefits - sounds great !
    Tax payers don't seem to mind !

These numbers were accurate when she was elected to Lancaster Town Supervisor(they have increased) total tax-funded income is:

-
    $600.00 tax dollars a day(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $3000.00 tax dollars a week.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $12,000.00 tax dollars a month.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $144,00.00 tax dollars a year.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

$500,000.00 tax dollars for a four-year term. (+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

I am not implying Supervisor Coleman (Metz) is the only Lancaster Official/Employee "Double Dipping on pension and pay checks or benefits" - others have and are doing it. Also I wasn't sure if I should add "Metz" to the Supervisors name - she used it during the campaign - doesn't seem she feels the need anymore ?
    Last edited by 4248; December 2nd, 2016 at 01:54 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Buf News , "One supervisor's salary would go up $30,000, another would jump nearly 27 percent. Another would see a 2 percent increase.

In Lancaster, Supervisor Johanna M. Coleman is proposing a 2 percent raise, the first raise in five years for the town's nine elected officials. The supervisor's salary would increase to $68,337, from $66,997" -

Also , I believe they forgot to mention stipends added to Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman (Metz) take home pay!

They also don't feel the need to mention Supervisor Ms Coleman also collects her full tax funded pension !

Yes, on top of her Town Tax-Funded Pension - she collects her full tax-funded paycheck - tax funded benefits - tax funded healthcare and tax funded stipends. "Double dip Plan"

Lancaster seems to have adopted it successfully - all our employees and elected officials know Lancaster TaxPayers support the
    "The Lan Dem Double Dip Plan"

- Just retire and come back to work and start collecting two tax-funded checks and full tax funded benefits - sounds great !
    Tax payers don't seem to mind !

These numbers were accurate when she was elected to Lancaster Town Supervisor(they have increased) total tax-funded income is:

-
    $600.00 tax dollars a day(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $3000.00 tax dollars a week.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $12,000.00 tax dollars a month.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

- $144,00.00 tax dollars a year.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

$500,000.00 tax dollars for a four-year term. (+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.

I am not implying Supervisor Coleman (Metz) is the only Lancaster Official/Employee "Double Dipping on pension and pay checks or benefits" - others have and are doing it. Also I wasn't sure if I should add "Metz" to the Supervisors name - she used it during the campaign - doesn't seem she feels the need anymore ?
    You sir are pathetic! Unlike you, she earned it!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    You sir are pathetic! Unlike you, she earned it!
    We need to start defining "earned". I'm not saying it was earned or not in this case. In some cases I think the term "earned" is used too loosely.

i thought the purpose of elected officials was to serve ,not make a career out of it .

Originally posted by 4248:
    $144,00.00 tax dollars a year.(+/-) Pension & Salary plus tax funded benefits.
    Don't know the value of the benefits.
    Her pension and salary for 2016 are -
    Pension - $49,524
    Salary- $66,997
    Budget officer - $0
    Pension & salary - $116,521

Her previous position as Town clerk paid a total of $84,070 including stipends

Myself, I think she did a good job this year and earned her $66,997 salary. As far as the pension, she earned her pension working so many years no different than a GM worker would earn their pension except taxpayers had to vote for her so she could keep her job. In 2017, with the 2% increase, she'll earn about $25.77 more per week.

Georgia L Schlager

I understand where you are coming from 4248, however I do agree with gorja on this. She has done a good job.

Unregistered
    So all that Lancaster Taxpayers have to look forward to, Are Property taxes going up every year to pay for all the patronage, nepotism Government worker's luxurious salary's, pension's, benefits & bonus's

I'm so glad I don't have to have the pay $7,500 a year and going up up UP Property taxes anymore, Anyone who still lives their is a Fool,

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    So all that Lancaster Taxpayers have to look forward to, Are Property taxes going up every year to pay for all the patronage, nepotism Government worker's luxurious salary's, pension's, benefits & bonus's

I'm so glad I don't have to have the pay $7,500 a year and going up up UP Property taxes anymore, Anyone who still lives their is a Fool,
    Town tax numbers don’t validate your claim

In the 2012 final budget under the Giza administration the total annual town tax bill for a property assessed at $100,000 was $962.15.

Under the Fudoli administration (2013-16 budget years) that number dropped to an annual tax bill of $906.75 for a property assessed at $100,000.

The 2017 Coleman budget decreases this year’s tax bill by $0.96 - $905.79.

All this and with a healthy fund balance.

Lancaster Central School Taxes

In the same period of time, the LCSD tax rate per $1,000 of property assessment increased from 16.047716 to 16.963818; a 9.54% increase; from a tax bill of $1,605 to $1,696 on a property assessed at $100,000.

This analysis does not factor in exclusions, exemptions and the fact that the district has been receiving state refunds for keeping under the tax cap – and not considering the years where the district was significantly underfunded in state aid.

Considering you declare you were paying $7,500 in taxes, you must have had a fairly nice house when you lived in Lancaster as the combined town and school taxes are around $31/per thousand dollars of assessed property.

County Taxes

Relatively the same over the same time frame.

Comment

If you were to compare combined town and school district taxes in the 5 year time frame the increase in tax liability would be $165 (from $2,567 to $2,602). An average yearly increase of $33 and that does not take into consideration the school tax cap refund.

I am not saying that we are not paying a heavy tax load, but that we are not seeing skyrocketing tax increases in Lancaster; a full service town with its own police force and a great school district.

In my opinion the focus should be on the upcoming Comprehensive Plan updating – long overdue considering how the town was developed and looking to the future to accommodate for future growth. Another 300 homes coming to the William/Bowen area.

I'm not usually a grammar Nazi, but your posts are painful to read, and that's not taking into account the troll garbage you post.

Neubs24 , grammar police is the best you can do with your badge ? I still laugh when you cried to the admin of this page because I used your real name Nathan . When your at work being paid with taxpayer money stop playing on social media .

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Neubs24 , grammar police is the best you can do with your badge ? I still laugh when you cried to the admin of this page because I used your real name Nathan . When your at work being paid with taxpayer money stop playing on social media .
    I said grammar Nazi, not police. That said, why do you have a problem again all of a sudden, I thought we cleared the air.

I'm likely opening up another can of worms, but why do public officials deserve to get pensions? Why don't they contribute to 401k's and IRA's like most of us do?

Some do both

Unregistered
    Erie County's Government has failed their people, All they care about is stuffing thier pockets. The corrupt government has already brough the Village of Depew and Town of Evans to Financial colaspe and yet the governement's answer to fix the problem is just raise Evans & Depew's property tax 40% over the next 2 years, just
    to make threw in FY 17 & FY18, then in 2019 l deal with problem all over again

Name all the company's & business's that have came and are coming to Erie County bringing hundreds and thousands of new jobs like what is going on in most places
    like, Austin, Houstin, Dallas, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Charlotte, Raleigh, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Tampa, Atlanta ? Actually WNY can't even keep the business's that they already have. everything is closing up and moving to cheaper states. Thats why most of Buffalo looks like zombie apocalypse has happened and has 3rd world conditions that is now spreading into Cheektowaga

But then again, They don't already have the highest property taxes in the country (WNY's property taxes are already 8 to 9 times higher then the national average) and they raise property taxes every year and pay the governments worker's 6 digit slary's & 6 digit pension's (which are the highest in country next to The hampton's) and yearly raises

Erie County government is so dysfunctional that they still have 2 Control Boards (1 for City of the Buffalo, and 1 for Erie County) going on 10 years Now
    But everyone has Buffalo Love

Erie County's Government has failed their people, All they care about is stuffing thier pockets. The corrupt government has already brough the Village of Depew and Town of Evans to Financial colaspe and yet the governement's answer to fix the problem is just raise Evans & Depew's property tax 40% over the next 2 years, just
    to make threw in FY 17 & FY18, then in 2019 l deal with problem all over again

Name all the company's & business's that have came and are coming to Erie County bringing hundreds and thousands of new jobs like what is going on in most places
    like, Austin, Houstin, Dallas, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Charlotte, Raleigh, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Tampa, Atlanta ? Actually WNY can't even keep the business's that they already have. everything is closing up and moving to cheaper states. Thats why most of Buffalo looks like zombie apocalypse has happened and has 3rd world conditions that is now spreading into Cheektowaga

But then again, They don't already have the highest property taxes in the country (WNY's property taxes are already 8 to 9 times higher then the national average) and they raise property taxes every year and pay the governments worker's 6 digit slary's & 6 digit pension's (which are the highest in country next to The hampton's) and yearly raises

Erie County government is so dysfunctional that they still have 2 Control Boards (1 for City of the Buffalo, and 1 for Erie County) going on 10 years Now
    But everyone has Buffalo Love

http://www.grammar-monster.com/lesso...postrophes.htm

Thread Information