Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honest question about trade with China

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    There is also no need for Apple to make the profit margins they do on manufacturing phones in China.
    Apple is out to maximize profits, right? Isn't that what Trump does when he hires illegal immigrants, and has his products made in China, and skirts out of paying any federal taxes for 20 years? I mean, if it's OK for Trump to do all that, then how can he legitimately attack other businesses for like Apple for doing the same, or even a fraction of that.

Whenever both Hillary and Trump acted like greedy schmucks, the Trump followers always point out that he's a "businessman" and so apparently it's A-OK for him to be greedy and take advantage of whatever loopholes he can find, whereas Hillary was a politician who does not have that right. Well Apple isn't a politician. It's a business. And so, according to Trump's own comments, it is their duty to take advantage of any option it can find to maximize profits. But Trump is also a hypocrite, and so he tries to paint Apple as some sort of enemy of the people for doing what he himself has done all along.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Creates no conflict of interest at all. Any product he purchases will follow the same exact laws as everyone else. Where is the "conflict"?
    If Trumps changes benefit Trumps businesses in any way then it's a conflict of interest.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    If Trumps changes benefit Trumps businesses in any way then it's a conflict of interest.
    That won't happen. I don't think he will be able to pass "trump" only laws. Any law passed will effect everyone in that industry.

Have a little faith. I did when Obama was elected. Now my insurance is more expensive and deductibles are far higher. I see the nation is more divided than ever and we have a mess in the middle east. Time to close that chapter and move on.

Seriously I can't believe the bunch of babies society has turned out. Talk about violence and intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That won't happen. I don't think he will be able to pass "trump" only laws. Any law passed will effect everyone in that industry.
    still missing my point.

As far as Ford - everything is a word game - they said they weren't cutting the number of employees. They said they werent closing US plants. They are expanding and hiring workers in mexico .

Now lets break that down for the average working guy = We arent closing US plants and we are updating some.

Updating is "automating" automating is installing robotics and air driven machines to replace humans. So eventually less manpower will be needed.

Anther thing they are doing in America is "Cutting entire shifts" - http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...lant/26250677/
    So each remaining shift has the same number of employees.

So they dont consider this a "Reduction" why because they offer them employment if they are willing to relocate and take a pay cut.

The Dearborn automaker on Thursday said it will indefinitely lay off 673 hourly employees and 27 salaried employees on the "C Crew" at its Wayne plant starting June 22.

"Ford will be working to redeploy affected hourly employees and they will be considered first for southeast Michigan opportunities as they become available," the automaker said in a statement. The first will be deployed as summer vacation fill-ins.

They have been doing this for years now and nobody raises a fuss - when I say that I mean the UAW and their PAC Funds have agreements to maintain a minimum level of funding. So the mainly Dem Candidates still receive their campaign money - so they don't care about the working man that lost his job.

That is just the tip of the iceberg - so much has been quietly agreed to right under our noses and the Unions have helped sell out future employees.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Trump was right to call this relationship into question. It's not balanced or fair. They historically have dumped products like steel, devalued their currency, and have no qualms about selling us half a trillion more than they buy.

They certainly have no problem doing these things. Why do we have such a problem us examining it? Oh BTW their consuming middle class is bigger than ours, and may not even need us as much for their markets and that was their goal from the get go. They also are aware we can't pay back that 1.5 trillion either. If we devalue our currency it makes that debt cheaper to pay back, and makes our goods more affordable.

Apple is out to maximize profits, right? Isn't that what Trump does when he hires illegal immigrants, and has his products made in China, and skirts out of paying any federal taxes for 20 years? I mean, if it's OK for Trump to do all that, then how can he legitimately attack other businesses for like Apple for doing the same, or even a fraction of that.
    So salty.

Both Apple and Trump, as businesses, did what they did inbounds.

As for Trump attacking Apple and asking for a boycott....as you have tried to claim several times...had nothing to do with manufacturing or trade. It was about security. Trying to mix that into a conversation about trade is silly. Salty and silly.

Whenever both Hillary and Trump acted like greedy schmucks, the Trump followers always point out that he's a "businessman" and so apparently it's A-OK for him to be greedy and take advantage of whatever loopholes he can find, whereas Hillary was a politician who does not have that right. Well Apple isn't a politician. It's a business. And so, according to Trump's own comments, it is their duty to take advantage of any option it can find to maximize profits. But Trump is also a hypocrite, and so he tries to paint Apple as some sort of enemy of the people for doing what he himself has done all along.

You are 100% correct that it is the responsibility of a business to maximize profits. There is no 'need' for massive profit margins but they exist and they are legal. I enjoy them as I own stock in apple. That said, the bigger picture is not about the profit margins for Trump companies or Apple but the unfair trade deal with China to small business.

You made a comment that jobs would not return if the trade deal was adjusted. That's naive. Take a saturday and read about what WalMart does to small businesses that make products. Almost all of the sh*t that is sold in stores like WalMart was once IP of small business.

Like it or not, Trump is going to be POTUS and he now needs to represent more than just his personal interests. That is going to create conflicts and contradictions. You seem to have issue with that, which is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information