Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

Congratulations to Mike Ranzenhofer for defeating Tom Loughran and his trained chimp, Bill Pauly, in the state senate race in Amherst. For years Loughran and Pauly were pimples on the ass of the Erie County Republican Party. Now Loughran is your typical brain dead do nothing Dem county legislator who dances naked for Poloncarz. I actually could visualize Loughran with organ grinders monkey, Pauly, passing the hat as part of ""extended family" of the governor.

And while I'm sending out congratulations, congrats to marijuana on winning almost as many states as Hillary Clinton.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mike Ranzenhofer
    Isn't mike basically status quo making his living from an elected office?

He also practices law and he is active. Oddly, the "good government" groups (all shills for the Democrats, bye the bye) want to make legislative positions full time and not allow legislators to have outside income. I'd be hard pressed to think of anything that would eliminate what little independence individual legislators exercise. Needless to say, this full time status would be accompanied by a whopping raise. I'd also like to thank NYSUT, the assembly democrats and senate democrats for all the crap mailers they sent me. I hadn't cleaned up the dog crap in my yard in a while and it turns out that's the single best use for their mailers.
    Last edited by grump; November 12th, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    He also practices law and he is active. Oddly, the "good government" groups (all shills for the Democrats, bye the bye) want to make legislative positions full time and not allow legislators to have outside income. I'd be hard pressed to think of anything that would eliminate what little independence individual legislators exercise. Needless to say, this full time status would be accompanied by a whopping raise. I'd also like to thank NYSUT, the assembly democrats and senate democrats for all the crap mailers they sent me. I hadn't cleaned up the dog crap in my yard in a while and it turns out that's the single best use for their mailers.
    For the record, Mr. Ranzenhofer in 2016 is paid $94,500 as a state senator so I could understand why "the "good government" groups (all shills for the Democrats, bye the bye) want to make legislative positions full time" and just maybe these "shills" want them to work full-time for that excellent salary. And isn't ALWAYS the state politicians who are lawyers who are caught in conflict-of-interest matters with their outside income as attorneys? Gee, what's Mr. Ranzenhofer's outside income from?????

By ANY measure "$94,500" equals a very good full-time salary.

Fine, keep it part-time, then slash the full-time salary down to part-time. Why is it OK for people like grump who constantly complain about excessive government spending and the resulting need for more tax revenue, to then go out there and seemingly support the very programing he so often lambasts because he supports this politician?

Chutzpah!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Isn't mike basically status quo making his living from an elected office?
    Jimmy Griffin used to as people about his opponents: "Can you remember just one thing they have done?" to help the community.

With this no doubt status quo politician I can't.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Congratulations to Mike Ranzenhofer for defeating Tom Loughran and his trained chimp, Bill Pauly, in the state senate race in Amherst. For years Loughran and Pauly were pimples on the ass of the Erie County Republican Party. Now Loughran is your typical brain dead do nothing Dem county legislator who dances naked for Poloncarz. I actually could visualize Loughran with organ grinders monkey, Pauly, passing the hat as part of ""extended family" of the governor.
    Back in the day when I was really involved in local politics, it was the 1980s and 90s. I remember Bill Pauly from back then and he was smart as a tack. grump absolutely offers a sort of alternative universe version of a good man. So what he was a "pimple on the ass of the Erie County Republican Party." Who cares! So that made him something called "independent" and someone who usually would get a compliment on this website for being like that. The guy was no puppet of the GOP from what I recall, and that's a good thing.

I guess he wasn't a clubhouse type, like Ranzenhofer.

I don't live in your district grump but if I did I definitely would have supported Tom Loughran over Mike Ranzenhofer. I did read that Mr. Loughran was going after Mr. Ranzenhofer for having about $800,000 in his campaign account and he could take that with him when he leaves office and fund all sorts of campaign things that benefits himself. That was in the Buffalo News. Plus a nice pension for Mr. Ranz.

I also remember Mr. Loughran stopping a tax hike a few years ago over the objections of Mark Poloncarz, and he cut the size of the county legislature grump so that seems pretty smart to me.

He seems smarter than grump and Ranzenhofer both put together.

grump ya better keep your day job!

Gee Breezy, I never said they weren't overpaid as it is. They certainly are, at least by upstate standards. The downstate types sing quite a different song, claiming that their annual salary is not enough to get by on. That's why the "good government " types want to give them a raise if outside income is eliminated. Pauly cast the deciding vote to prevent the privatization of ECMC and the taxpayers of Erie County have pissed millions down that rathole ever since. I didn't realize Loughran personally stopped a taxhike and personally downsized the legislature! He should use his magical powers more frequently. Maybe he could clean up the mess Pauly left to the taxpayers at ECMC.

If state legislators have to give up outside income Loughran will never run for the state legislature again. Otherwise he and Pauly will have to pay for their beer in the future. Loughran and Pauly belong to the same pension system as Ranzenhofer so their pensions are determined according to the same laws as Ranzenhofer's. Loughran can keep his accrued campaign contributions too. How sad for him that people like Ranzenhofer more and are more willing to support his candidacy than they are Loughran's. Thanks for the career advise. I'll give it all the consideration it deserves considering the source.

Shorter grump: grump speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Just for the record the Erie County legislature stopped the tax hike and the voters of Erie County downsized the legislature. Loughran did neither of these on his own as you clearly suggest. Don't pretend you didn't know that Loughran and Pauly are in the same pension system as Ranzenhofer and that Loughran can keep his campaign contributions too. That's just whining bullh*t. Moreover, the Buffalo News editorial board knows equally well that Loughran can keep his contributions too. Their attack on Ranzenhofer while not calling out Loughran is intellectually dishonest....but, hey, we're talking about the Buffalo News, a newspaper owned by a guy who professes to respect honesty above all else but who gave bundles of $ to Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by grump; November 15th, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

Thread Information