Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Yes, but Its the electoral college that counts and there is sound reasoning for it.
    I'm not disagreeing with the electoral process at all.
    I'm calling out on using the term "majority", when it clearly was not one.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Poor choice of words, since the majority of voters voted for someone other than Trump.
    The term 'the silent majority' is not a literal term guy. It's nomenclature for a large number of people who don't voice or express an opinion on something. As it relates to this election and political correctness....it's a very good description of what happened.

I am not sure how much time you spend on social media but these places, like main stream media, are nothing more than echo chambers for a very extreme set of perspectives. I don't think the people voicing these perspectives started out so extreme but after years of silencing any opinion that is outside of the 'approved' spectrum, it's only natural that the consensus moves to that of an extreme perspective collectively. People are just tired of being called a racist or a misogynist if they don't agree, in full, with the perspective of the echo chamber.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information