Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bills and Sabres take it on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    HP..wow sabres Stanley cup .. Jack didn't show up until the last period. on a roll puck heads were going crazy at tullys tonight..
    Umm, he scored twice, BUT, not unlike you to find the dark cloud.....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I'd look at the lesser conferences because I think you're more likely to find qb's playing qb instead of an rb who throws the ball some. I agree with the mental aspect of the game, qb requires some smarts. Pitchers are a bit different. Every team has 4 or 5 who can start from game to game and most of those starters aren't even allowed to play the full game. The qb plays every game and, unlike baseball, the only time he comes out for a reliever is when the game is out of hand one way or the other barring injury. Baseball teams have the luxury of developing pitchers slowly because they're only required to play every 4th or 5th game. Pro baseball has a minor league system, the role of which is to develop players for the major leagues so baseball has a ready made development system. College football is hardly a development league for the NFL; millions of $$ ride on college football entirely independent of the needs of the NFL for developed talent.
    The challenge with the lesser conference is while they may be playing in a pro style offense...their measurables are not where they need to be.

Honestly, what needs to change is NFL teams getting a spine and telling fans they are not going to rush the development of a QB. Regardless of where they were drafted. Even if they have nothing else and rookie QB would be better than the vet. As you said, CFB is not a development league so the NFL has to take on the responsibility of development.

Agreed but what about EJ, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Johnny Football, ....they went to big schools and had the "measurables". I often think we get too caught up in analytics today. Earlier this season I was listening to the Bills pregame on WGR and their talking head of the moment was spouting about the Bills D and their great statistics.... % of sacks per third downs of more than 8 yards etc. If I really gave a crap I was gonna call and tell him that the only analytic that matters is wins and losses and the Bills were then 4 & 5. There are good qb's around, just need to find one. Look everywhere!

Take the off field issues out of the picture and consider Chad Kelly.

Before you laugh, and I've been very vocally anti Kelly on the Bills forum, compared to some of these other guys in the draft this year, he's up there. I watched a bunch of highlight vids and he's pretty impressive.

However, you just can't take the off field issues out of the picture
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, he really can throw the ball. My concern is the off the field stuff. There's off the field stuff and then there's off the field stuff. Arguing with coaches until you have to be dismissed from the programs? Not good! Jumping into a fight among high school kids? Not good! He seems to be drawn to these things like flies to dog****. Risky pick and we already have a team with bad actors who can't discipline themselves to get to meetings on time. Prolly not an environment that he'd flourish in.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Umm, he scored twice, BUT, not unlike you to find the dark cloud.....
    ok a must win for the millionaire against the stars they could of moved up 23 to 19 with a win. but not, maybe if they played three periods they could of pulled it off. Jack, Jack no super hero in this game. cigars go to goofball rob ray mr. (I like myself) and brad may always making excuses for losing.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

so the millionairs dump 3 in a row. Canadians game forget last nights game very lucky to come out with a point. sometimes they show up for a game and most of the time they skate in circles.

So now the millionaires have to win to make a run for a playoff spot. so what do the goofballs do lose last night to the devils another last place team.

And tonight they won.....
    HipKat's Blog

They're a young team still learning to win as a team. They also have a lot of holes to fill on defense. When they get going this is the most entertaining Sabes team in a decade.

They're a young team still learning to win as a team. They also have a lot of holes to fill on defense. When they get going this is the most entertaining Sabes team in a decade.
    I haven't seen a lot of games, but a lot of games that I HAVE seen, they do have moments when they're really fun to watch
    HipKat's Blog

I think Eichel is the real deal and I think Reinhart is a really gifted passer.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    And tonight they won.....
    yes and last night a loss. they cant afford a loss if they want a playoff spot. Went up to brew pub to watch the game and someone said they ae tired. What a joke!!! I told the puck head tired they are pros getting paid a lot of money to preform also more boo birds are out. One thing less people are going to the games the only way money bags will wake up same with the bills.
    Less tickets sold hits money bags in the pocket and maybe he will wake up. Poor product why go.

I think Eichel is the real deal and I think Reinhart is a really gifted passer.

Possible tough decision with Kane. He has been on fire since December and some teams with a real shot at making a run are looking at him.

Personally, while I don't have issue with the guy, I think they should trade him to get some D to pair with Risto. It's possible that Kane keeps his nose clean the next year and then signs to a bigger city as a UFA. He has always been about the flash and while I think he really does like Buffalo...playing in a BIG city might just be too much to pass up.

As for forwards...Eichel+Reinhart with someone and ROR+Okposo with someone. They have a long of young forwards. Find the best two and stick with the plan.

Jack and Sam are both under 22. ROR and Kyle are still under 30. Risto is 22. Build for a run in 2 years. I think Petersen will be ready by then as I am not sold on Lehner.

Leftie, do you mean the goalie from Norte Dame? Never build anything around a player from Notre Dame in any sport! The Braves had Adrian Dantley and they ended up in San Diego. Remember Walt Patulski? What a joke he was! And I keep hearing about Joe Montana but he was throwing to Jerry Rice, the greatest wide receiver in history. Rice put Steve Young in the fall of fame too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information