Thread: 300 Million Children Are Breathing 'Extremely Toxic' Air, UNICEF Says

300 Million Children Are Breathing 'Extremely Toxic' Air, UNICEF Says

Altogether, some 2 billion children worldwide are breathing air that has been deemed a "long term hazard," a report finds. Pollution contributes to around 600,000 deaths annually of kids under age 5.

More...

Stop breathing then. Just that simple!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was surprised to read that there is higher lead content is some Buffalo School Drinking water. After spending billions updating public schools you wouldn't think this would be an issue.

because it depends what was tested. Which faucet, which bathroom, which shower, etc. It's not necessarily the entire school. They might have all new plumbing in half the school but if there's an older bathroom, or even an outdoor spigot somewhere on the other side with lead, then the school gets listed.

It would be nice if something cut fertility rates. Yet another instance of a problem caused by overpopulation. Not much isn't caused by it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I was surprised to read that there is higher lead content is some Buffalo School Drinking water. After spending billions updating public schools you wouldn't think this would be an issue.
    Gee, that's funny because that job was competitively bid and somehow the private sector didn't police itself. I guess I don't understand, wasn't all that competition supposed to streamline the process and make things more efficient? How could this have happened because the "taxpayers" can never do any wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    Gee, that's funny because that job was competitively bid and somehow the private sector didn't police itself. I guess I don't understand, wasn't all that competition supposed to streamline the process and make things more efficient? How could this have happened because the "taxpayers" can never do any wrong?
    In general the private sector is more efficient than government. Inefficiency in the private sector would be the exception.

The taxpayer seeks value, just like any other consumer on the planet.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post

I don't think it was done truly competitively. Didn't the same company that got the bid for solarcity do most of the work?

Plus as Miles said it depends which parts of the buildings were remodeled.

Thread Information