Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DINO....relax...not what you think!!!

DINO....relax...not what you think!!!

Time to vent....when is Ron Rufino going to do the right thing and change his affiliation to republican...divide and conquer is a GOP strategy...his union busting comment was wrong wrong wrong...what was he thinking?

He made good by me

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    He made good by me
    A little vague....how about an explanation....so I can better understand your common sense approach to union busting

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    A little vague....how about an explanation....so I can better understand your common sense approach to union busting
    Well, here is a thought for you....
    Private sector union representation serves a purpose. "PUBLIC" sector union representation is a joke since there is no competition. One of the reasons NYS is a mess is because of our public sector unions.
    As always, the taxpayer suffers.

Time to vent....when is Ron Rufino going to do the right thing and change his affiliation to republican...divide and conquer is a GOP strategy...his union busting comment was wrong wrong wrong...what was he thinking?
    What union busting comment are you referring to, Mike? I don't remember hearing anything like that at the recent town board meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    What union busting comment are you referring to, Mike? I don't remember hearing anything like that at the recent town board meeting.
    "These are non-union people. You can't just keep continuing to give them what the settlements" are for union workers. Supervisor Coleman said it boils down to fairness. This comment by Rufino is nothing but republican dog whistle for UNION BUSTING. Divide and conquer, reduced morale, multi tiered wage levels. These people do the exact same jobs as the bargaining unit people. The goal of good unionism is to raise the standard of living for everyone, not create a class system that denies workers rights....this kind of conduct is one of the reasons why women make about 25 cent on the dollar less than their male co-workers!!

He made good by me
    How....did he get you a job? Are you related? "Splain LUCY"

[QUOTE=Wehner;1673731]How....did he get you a job? Are you related? "Splain LUCY"[/QUOTE

What is your issue. I currently do not work and have no relatives working for any town. Nor have I ever worked for any town or government office

How....did he get you a job? Are you related? "Splain LUCY"
    Dud who get me a job ? Those aren't games I play

"These are non-union people. You can't just keep continuing to give them what the settlements" are for union workers. Supervisor Coleman said it boils down to fairness. This comment by Rufino is nothing but republican dog whistle for UNION BUSTING. Divide and conquer, reduced morale, multi tiered wage levels. These people do the exact same jobs as the bargaining unit people. The goal of good unionism is to raise the standard of living for everyone, not create a class system that denies workers rights....this kind of conduct is one of the reasons why women make about 25 cent on the dollar less than their male co-workers!!
    It sounds more like Ruffino's statement was more anti-nonunion than anything else

Georgia L Schlager

I attended that meeting and re-listened to the recording of it. There was no indication that Ruffino stated anything that could be interpreted as ‘union busting’.

Last week’s Lancaster Bee report was on the money in reporting what took place at the October 17th town board meeting – and it all had to do with the non bargaining employees getting what was traditionally settled for in a union contract.

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201..._benefits.html

It all boiled down to a simple request made by Council member Matt Walter to table the matter until after the public hearing to ensure there would be enough money in the budget to meet the tax cap limit which the entire board promises it wishes to stay under - but where there is only $22,000 left in wiggle room to make that happen. Walter declared that they had yet to hear from department heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I attended that meeting and re-listened to the recording of it. There was no indication that Ruffino stated anything that could be interpreted as ‘union busting’.

Last week’s Lancaster Bee report was on the money in reporting what took place at the October 17th town board meeting – and it all had to do with the non bargaining employees getting what was traditionally settled for in a union contract.

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201..._benefits.html

It all boiled down to a simple request made by Council member Matt Walter to table the matter until after the public hearing to ensure there would be enough money in the budget to meet the tax cap limit which the entire board promises it wishes to stay under - but where there is only $22,000 left in wiggle room to make that happen. Walter declared that they had yet to hear from department heads.
    I'm going to say this again, I am very impressed with Matt Walter's response(s) and position he is taking. I am also impressed with Ron Ruffino's stance/position on this override as well.

Is there a consequence when the municipality goes over the tax cap to the homeowners who receive the star exemption? In fact, I am going to seek to find an answer to my question. I feel like the town would jeopardize or affect something negatively on some level if the town went over the tax cap.

After reading the Bee, what bothers me also, is Diane Terranova giving her opinions on union/non union discussions. She needs to know her place, she is the town clerk not a Town council member or Supervisor.

[QUOTE=Lancastermom;1673740]
    How....did he get you a job? Are you related? "Splain LUCY"[/QUOTE

What is your issue. I currently do not work and have no relatives working for any town. Nor have I ever worked for any town or government office

once again...how did he do good for you

[QUOTE=Wehner;1674067]

once again...how did he do good for you
    Because simply stated he voted no to an asinine proposal

[QUOTE=Lancastermom;1674155]

Because simply stated he voted no to an asinine proposal
    So you are supporting Rufino's union busting dialogue. His refusal to acknowledge that whether you or union or not, you deserve a fair wage for work performed. Is this you feeling or not...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information