Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No criminal charges in deletion of 400 files in Cheektowaga Town Clerk's office

Tony Fracasso - Admin

No criminal charges in deletion of 400 files in Cheektowaga Town Clerk's office

Do you want to know why no criminal charges were files? Go ask the boards of elections and the www.ecdems.com who was carry petitions to get on the ballot.

A former Cheektowaga Town Clerk was cleared by county prosecutors this month of any wrongdoing after over 400 electronic files were deleted from her town-issued computer late last year just before leaving office.

The deleted files included balancing worksheets and correspondence from the computer used by Alice Magierski, who left office after a failed bid for town supervisor. When Magierski's former deputy, Vickie L. Dankowski, took office in January, she said she discovered needed files were missing.

The spreadsheets are used for school and county tax collection reports and monthly and end-of-year town clerk balancing reports, Dankowski explained.
    "Obviously as a courtesy, one clerk to another, you would flow them over to the next person so they would be able to use them," Dankowski said. "Well, I had nothing."

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/21/no...clerks-office/

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Do you want to know why no criminal charges were files? Go ask the boards of elections and the www.ecdems.com who was carry petitions to get on the ballot.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/21/no...clerks-office/
    Why are critical town files allowed to be solely stored on a single Clerk computer?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Magierski, who is running for Town Board in the Nov. 8 elections, maintains that all official reports are generated by the town's accounting software and nothing was deleted from her computer that didn't also have a paper copy.

"I cleared what was on my computer because I was leaving," she said. "All the hard copies were there."

Dankowski and Benczkowski see things differently.

"Those records were crucial," Benczkowski said. "They were all town property."
    See how she words that?

Well there was a paper copy left over. How would you like to have an employee delete your QuickBooks accounting data and then tell you here are the paper copies of the data? You would have to spend all that time reconstructing what was deleted.

Dankowski called Magierski's actions "unethical" and "deliberate" and said she believed it may have been in retaliation for her support for Benczkowski. Magierski denied intentionally deleting records to frustrate her successor.
    Wasn't "intentionally" deleted. Yeah. ok. That mouse pointer moved on it's own selecting all the files and then dragged the files on it's own the recycle bin.

Now the BS thickens

"It was my way of checking what was going on," Magierski said. "It wasn't anything I could just leave and somebody would know what to do with."
    These items were needed to wrap up the end the year record keeping. There absolutely no reason for Alice to delete these except to make things difficult.

We do not need people like this on our town board.

If I was Supervisor I would state that we do not want this person on our town board. I would also make a point in the Bee and the Buffalo news who I would need on the team to run the town in the best interest of the property/business owners. I wouldn't be a party officer because it is a conflict of interest when it comes to running our town. Your hands are tied. You can not endorse someone else other than who the party tells you to. That is not in the best interest of us property owners.

I met Pat Delaney as I did Dennis Smith. In a 1 hour interview you can't say you know the person well enough to endorse them. What I read and heard about Alice I would say having her on the town board wouldn't be in our best interest.

See how she words that?
    I met Pat Delaney as I did Dennis Smith. In a 1 hour interview you can't say you know the person well enough to endorse them. What I read and heard about Alice I would say having her on the town board wouldn't be in our best interest.
    So, what did you think of Pat Delaney and Dennis Smith?
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would be comfortable with either one based on the very short time I talked to both compared to Alice based on what town employees have told me. I was told by multiple people that Alice didn't show up to work quite often. For the compensation package offered I would expect the employee to be there full time. I'm disappointed that the town board didn't bring this fact up while she was town clerk.

If I was Supervisor I would. Right at a board meeting. "I would like to know why are we paying a full time compensation package and our employee is only here 70% of the time" See what the response is and then decide from there.

I was told more like 50 to 60% of the time but people tend to exaggerate so I''ll say 70%

I'm assuming if Patrick was on the town board this issue might have been made public where as if Dennis was on the town board he might let it slide seeing they are in the same social club. That's politics. I'll address that sentence later.

I don't know what type of "people/management" experience either person has other than what they told me.

If I remember correctly Dennis works for Erie County and Patrick worked for TW news now Lancaster Speedway. If I am wrong please correct me.

Only reason I'm leaning more towards Pat is he is not part of the social club that has gotten our town to the point it's at. One of the highest taxed areas in the nation, losing population for over a decade and our infrastructure is somewhat crappy. I have seen some work being done but in my opinion maintenance should be done proactively over time instead of waiting till items are falling apart for repair. I think you save money in the long run that way.

I was told Dennis is still on the ballot which would help Patrick. The race between Patrick and Alice was very close. Dennis should be able to pull votes away from Alice which will help Patrick.

I haven't received any negative campaign material from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party against Patrick yet but it's expected.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Another item:

The reporter mentioned that Grand Island dropped their case when items were deleted. Alice was our Town Clerk and official record manager. She should have known better than delete town records.

If her intentions were to make things difficult that is not a team player we want on our town board. I'm sure Jerry who is a business man would agree with me. But then again we have seen things over looked for political support and from what I'm told he's supporting Alice for town board. If that is wrong let me know.

Here is one example.

This came to my attention

I believe town rules state that a council person can not do business with our town. Is that true or false?

If this true how did we end up with a truck that is labeled by Jerry's company?

Cheektowaga Truck.

If we had either Patrick, Dennis or Alice on our town board would any of these people ask what is up with this? If I was Supervisor I would. Why? Because in my opinion the town board's sole purpose it to work in the best interest of the property/business owners.

In the end we could find out that we got a superior deal on the truck and a much lower price than any other company could have offered. But then again maybe not.

Which of the three would question this? I would.

Another item:

The reporter mentioned that Grand Island dropped their case when items were deleted. Alice was our Town Clerk and official record manager. She should have known better than delete town records.

If her intentions were to make things difficult that is not a team player we want on our town board. I'm sure Jerry who is a business man would agree with me. But then again we have seen things over looked for political support and from what I'm told he's supporting Alice for town board. If that is wrong let me know.

Here is one example.

I believe town rules state that a council person can not do business with our town. Is that true or false?

Cheektowaga Truck.

If we had either Patrick, Dennis or Alice on our town board would any of these people ask what is up with this? If I was Supervisor I would. Why? Because in my opinion the town board's sole purpose it to work in the best interest of the property/business owners.

In the end we could find out that we got a superior deal on the truck and a much lower price than any other company could have offered. But then again maybe not.

Which of the three would question this? I would.
    WNY, I know all three personally. Pat would ask all of those questions without a doubt.

Another item:

Here is one example.

Cheektowaga Truck.
    It's kind of interesting that the DA looks the other way when it came to Alice because her people carried his petitions and helped him get to the ballot. One has to wonder if Alice did not help him would the DA have looked the other way. Just a thought.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Why are critical town files allowed to be solely stored on a single Clerk computer?
    That did seem odd. Personally I wouldn't want any employee to have work files related to town business not backed up somewhere.

If they were related to town record keeping in any way they should have been backed up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    It's kind of interesting that the DA looks the other way when it came to Alice because her people carried his petitions and helped him get to the ballot. One has to wonder if Alice did not help him would the DA have looked the other way. Just a thought.
    You are reading into this a little too much. I'm not saying this isn't the reason but then again you shouldn't throw crap up to see what sticks but I did hear Alice's group did carry petitions.

Who are they supporting? I haven't been following that along.

Alice is part of the Erie County Democrats so they are going to support people who will let them slide like Hillary did. Who is running against the person the Erie County Democrats are supporting for DA. What is that term. Bird of a feather flock together.

If the party supports Hillary they are fine with the BS/lies/pay for play we have been following along in Wikileaks and the news. Think about that.

This group shows bad judgement and that bad judge is something we do not want on our town boards or any elected position. At least that's how I look at it.

You are reading into this a little too much. I'm not saying this isn't the reason but then again you shouldn't throw crap up to see what sticks but I did hear Alice's group did carry petitions.

Who are they supporting? I haven't been following that along.

Alice is part of the Erie County Democrats so they are going to support people who will let them slide like Hillary did. Who is running against the person the Erie County Democrats are supporting for DA. What is that term. Bird of a feather flock together.

If the party supports Hillary they are fine with the BS/lies/pay for play we have been following along in Wikileaks and the news. Think about that.

This group shows bad judgement and that bad judge is something we do not want on our town boards or any elected position. At least that's how I look at it.
    I agree with that question as many of them aligned with the same people in their party did carry petitions for each other

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    I agree with that question as many of them aligned with the same people in their party did carry petitions for each other
    And when it's all over with nothing will really change that much. Alice doesn't think it's a big deal that records were erased as do the people supporting her for this election. So maybe it's not really a big deal. I talked to Dennis and Patrick when they stopped in. You really can't learn much in an hour about a person. I have no idea what type of decisions they would make if elected.

I have heard that Pat is filing complaints with the town ethics board and the Attorney General's office. Has anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaTaxpayer View Post
    I have heard that Pat is filing complaints with the town ethics board and the Attorney General's office. Has anyone else heard this?
    Finally someone willing to stand up and do something. Kudos to Pat Delaney. I wonder if our small business owner Jerry would support Pat in his endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Finally someone willing to stand up and do something. Kudos to Pat Delaney. I wonder if our small business owner Jerry would support Pat in his endeavor.
    Don't count on Jerry backing Pat up if he is doing that. Jerry supports Alice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information