Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sugg deserves 143rd District Assembly seat

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    What happened Snowy, Monica yelled at folks last night? Why would she yell at people? Isn't it a forum where debates are conducted? Is she going to stand up in Albany and get all angry because her colleagues disagree with her? If you are straight with the folks, why pull the wool over their eyes and get all defensive about it when challenged....just sayin'

I'm not sure who you are voting for in presidential election, but she reminded me of HRC when she gets mad. A debate is fine. Argue with your competitor, but don't stand up and argue with the people you are trying to gain a vote from. We don't need a hothead in Albany. There's an art to fighting for what you want and as a "law professor" she should know this.

Exactly Snowy! But if she is a storyteller, then she should have the skills to be both a good listener as well as a good speaker.

I'm voting for Mickey Mouse) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    I'm not sure who you are voting for in presidential election, but she reminded me of HRC when she gets mad. A debate is fine. Argue with your competitor, but don't stand up and argue with the people you are trying to gain a vote from. We don't need a hothead in Albany. There's an art to fighting for what you want and as a "law professor" she should know this.
    She does sound 'Snippy'

Georgia L Schlager

I learn more lies of hers every day

Really, she stated that claim last night at the DUCA meeting? That is a terrible thing, I attended those meetings not all of them but never saw her there. Never was her name mentioned in being part of the process. What is pissing me off is why she is misleading the public? This is a concern and typical rhetoric which is so disingenuous, I can't believe it. Someone should contact UB and blow her in.
    No.
    Flat out lied and denied it. Stammered and said she sat at a meeting and rambled about sitting at a meeting which many of us were at them all and nobody saw her. Then went on a bender on how the name was offensive. Never answered the question at all
    Lied her way through it and was clearly pissed off with people's questions. And that smirking smile she uses when someone is talking and she doesn't agree or like it is a replica of Hillary!
    Last edited by Lancastermom; November 5th, 2016 at 01:11 AM.

I am an unaffiliated registered voter and received my third Monica Wallace mailer yesterday. My wife is a registered Republican and neither she nor I received a single mailer or flier from Russ Sugg. Why is Wallace not being rebutted when Wallace in her mailers defines herself:

• As a law professor and/or research professor when it’s been proven she’s not.

• Declares she has a “proven record of working with everyone – Democrats and Republicans alike – to find practical solutions to real-world problems.” How is that possible when this is her first campaign for a political office – and a state office to boot?

• As an individual with blue-collar roots and the values to match she promises to work to create jobs, cut taxes, build bridges and invest in green energy and technology. Isn’t this the mantra we hear from all politicians at election time.

• As someone who will end Albany and District corruption and yet accepts money from the same unions and special interest groups who are involved in the corruption and pay-to-play schemes.

Sugg has a more comprehensive political agenda: Haven’t seen it anywhere but on his Facebook:

COVENANT WITH THE PEOPLE OF THE 143rd

There are some running for office this year who want to “be your voice” and speak for you. That is fine, but that is not my style. I prefer to HEAR your voice and WORK for you.

I have spoken with you. I have listened to you. I have heard your voice. You have identified problems that ALL people experience. I share your concerns. I pledge to work to help lessen those problems. My pledge is not a campaign promise; that is rhetoric. My pledge is not a slickly worded contract; too many legal loopholes. My pledge is my bonded COVENANT with the people of the 143rd State Assembly District.

I give to the people of the 143rd New York State Assembly District my solemn word, that by the close of the 2017 legislative session, I will address the following issues, and through the legislative process, propose attendant remedies:

(1) I will address the Student Debt Crisis. I will propose legislation providing for limited exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for college, GED, and vocational students.

(2) I will address the issue of family caregivers. I will propose legislation providing for limited exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for family caregivers.

(3) I will address the difficulties of our veterans. I will propose legislation providing for total and permanent exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all veterans of the United States Armed Forces, including veterans with service in the National Guard.

(4) I will address the financial concerns of the elderly. I will propose legislation providing for total and permanent exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all seniors in New York State.

(5) I will address the expressed concerns of the STAR program’s application process. I will propose legislation to simplify of the STAR program's application process by including it as a line item on the New York State Income Tax form. Without reference to any stated concern, I will take the initiative to work diligently to expand the STAR program into ancillary areas.

(6) I will honor the contributions of law enforcement and first responders. I will propose legislation providing total exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all law enforcement personnel and first responders during the entire month of September, each and every year.

(7) In the general interests of good governance, I will propose legislation to begin the Constitutional process to term-limit all members of the New York State Assembly and the New York State Senate. That legislation would limit each Assembly Member and each Senator to serving five (5), two-year terms.

(8) I will work to prepare our students for today's economy, by proposing legislation giving enhanced tax credits to businesses participating in vocational and pre-college internships, hands-on job experiences, and/or informational seminars, on campus, or on site, aimed at further developing talents, skills, and interests in pursuit of sound student preparation to meet the challenges of today's economy.

(9) I will address the affordability of child daycare. I work to develop legislation to provide significant income tax relief for those parents engaging in child daycare programs.
    I further promise, by the end of the 2018 legislative session to:

(a) Have always supported the reduction of taxes on business, especially small business, in New York State.

(b) To have always supported the full preservation of our Constitutional guarantees, and to consistently support governance that keeps, to the maximum extent possible, decision making in the hands of the most local authority.

(c) To have worked diligently for campaign finance reform based upon transparency, with an oversight process directly and meaningfully involving citizen participation.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I AM COMMITTED TO TRUE GOVERNMENT ETHICS REFORM.

I was elected to the Village of Lancaster Board in 2013. I was elected as a member of the Integrity of Choice Party. In 2013, the citizens of Lancaster recognized that our great village was in need of more transparency regarding the public acts of village officials, and more intensified enforcement of the functioning code of ethics.

Since taking office in 2013, I have made every effort to move ethics reform forward. I have tried quiet persuasion. I have tried public exposure. I have always tried the friendly hand of inclusion. UGH! From those experiences, believe me, ethics reform IS NOT EASY, but it must be STUBBORNLY PURSUED.

There seems to be a very wide gap between the insecurities and interests of the political power holders, and the disheartened frustrations of the citizen stakeholders. I want to bridge that gap with direct citizen participation. I have proposed such a remedy to the Lancaster Village Board. No legislator, no lawyer, and no other civil official can surpass in commitment and proprietary interest, the inborn decency, integrity, and common sense of the law-abiding citizen.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, I pledge to bring my intensified commitment to ethics reform TO ALBANY: JANUARY 1. I will fight for ethics reform, I will sacrifice for ethics reform, but I will not compromise for ethics reform. In that spirit, I pledge to serve with ETHICAL DIGNITY, and to devote every available hour of my time to serving the urgent needs of the people of the 143rd.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    She does sound 'Snippy'

Oh yes that was me she was snipping at and I tried to question her some more but was not allowed to by administrators. After she and russ spoke she was steamed and disappeared for awhile.

I did not record this

Really, she stated that claim last night at the DUCA meeting? That is a terrible thing, I attended those meetings not all of them but never saw her there. Never was her name mentioned in being part of the process. What is pissing me off is why she is misleading the public? This is a concern and typical rhetoric which is so disingenuous, I can't believe it. Someone should contact UB and blow her in.
    She lied her way out or tried to and stumbled on about how it was offensive. Many of us there Thursday night were at every BOE meeting. She is flat out lying. I agree with you

Georgia L Schlager

Vote Russ Sugg, the candidate that WILL always stand on your side
    https://www.facebook.com/10201452780...type=2&theater

Georgia L Schlager

Excellent!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information