Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugg deserves 143rd District Assembly seat

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    Thank you, but please understand that Sugg was in violation of NYS Election Law, the same law governing the investigation into the Steve Pigeon matters. There was no glitch in the system if Wallace was able to file her disclosure statements in a timely manner. Let's not discount the fact the Sugg did not file timely. I wonder what would've happened if I did not question Sugg's refusal to file his disclosure statements in a timely matter.

If you look at the disclosure statement, the record date and time is October 23 at 9:24 pm, shortly after I called him out about the filings at 8:23 pm that same day.

http://www.elections.ny.gov:8080/rep...saction_code=A
    No deadlines were missed and Sugg's accountant reports directly to the state.

I on the other hand have been examining the Erie County BOE website for information on financial disclosure reports. Quite a difference in the reporting, but still with the result that Wallace is kicking Sugg's ass in donations and where many of her contributors are from special interest groups. Apples to oranges; just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    No deadlines were missed and Sugg's accountant reports directly to the state.

I on the other hand have been examining the Erie County BOE website for information on financial disclosure reports. Quite a difference in the reporting, but still with the result that Wallace is kicking Sugg's ass in donations and where many of her contributors are from special interest groups. Apples to oranges; just saying.
    It is called a 32 day pre general filing for a reason. The deadline was October 7. Sugg did not file until the 23 way past the deadline. This is against election law

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Russ has run for public office before as many of you are aware and he's never filed late
    Let's apply that logic to the last two to hold that seat?

As you know the have both held office before but have never had ethics violations, so they obviously won't have an issue. I think we all know how that turned out.

At the end of the day it appears as though he screwed up. Glitch or not, his campaign is responsible for ensuring that all filing is done on time. Unless the NYS BOE comes out and says it was their fault, we have to assume his campaign missed the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by JD14086 View Post
    Let's apply that logic to the last two to hold that seat?

As you know the have both held office before but have never had ethics violations, so they obviously won't have an issue. I think we all know how that turned out.

At the end of the day it appears as though he screwed up. Glitch or not, his campaign is responsible for ensuring that all filing is done on time. Unless the NYS BOE comes out and says it was their fault, we have to assume his campaign missed the deadline.

http://www.jcope.ny.gov/public/candidates.html

Buffalo News Editorial: Deep-pocketed donors are engaged in a disgraceful effort to skew elections

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/24/de...kew-elections/

Now here lies the meat of the story: the difference between the moneyed donors of the Wallace campaign (special interests) and the grassroots Sugg campaign donors. Nice attempt with the deflection, however.

I want to hear just once why the Democratic Party ‘recruited’ Wallace, an attorney with no political experience for a state Legislative position, where she is heavily funded by the same types who support the status quo, and yet promises ethical reform.

Lee, it sounds like you are the one deflecting the issue that Sugg violated NYS Election Law before he was even elected. You're missing the point that this is more of an ethics issue than Wallace having no political experience. Who would you rather have in office, a fresh new face with no political experience, or someone who has no regard for election law?

[QUOTE=SabreTooth;1674012]

Lee, it sounds like you are the one deflecting the issue that Sugg violated NYS Election Law before he was even elected. You're missing the point that this is more of an ethics issue than Wallace having no political experience.
    No, you are saying he violated the NYS Election Law. I see no evidence of that and we are talking here about an individual who had been in the process in prior campaigns for two political offices. This is not his first rodeo.

Who would you rather have in office, a fresh new face with no political experience, or someone who has no regard for election law?
    Obviously I will vote for a person:

• Who has political office experience
    • Who doesn’t just mouth the word ethics reform but has walked the talk when it comes to initiating and being involved in bringing ethics reform to the Village of Lancaster as Trustee
    • Who won his Village of Lancaster Trustee seat by forming his own Citizens Party
    • Who has been found to be fiscally responsible and independent in thinking and acting - beholding to no one. He must be pretty respected as he was endorsed by the Republican, Conservative, Independence and Reform Parties.
    • Who doesn’t take money from special interest groups and is beholding to no one

That person is Russell Sugg.

Certainly not for somebody that has disingenuously embellished her academic and professional careers, has no political experience, apparently was recruited by the Democratic Party because she would do their bidding, then accepting money from special interest types most likely seeking access, and from lawyer types who have defended the most despicable defendants.

This is the promised reform? Seems like more of the same old same old to me.

[QUOTE=Lee Chowaniec;1674089]

No, you are saying he violated the NYS Election Law. I see no evidence of that and we are talking here about an individual who had been in the process in prior campaigns for two political offices. This is not his first rodeo.

• Who doesn’t just mouth the word ethics reform but has walked the talk when it comes to initiating and being involved in bringing ethics reform to the Village of Lancaster as Trustee
    • Who won his Village of Lancaster Trustee seat by forming his own Citizens Party
    • Who has been found to be fiscally responsible and independent in thinking and acting - beholding to no one. He must be pretty respected as he was endorsed by the Republican, Conservative, Independence and Reform Parties.
    • Who doesn’t take money from special interest groups and is beholding to no one

Certainly not for somebody that has disingenuously embellished her academic and professional careers, has no political experience, apparently was recruited by the Democratic Party because she would do their bidding, then accepting money from special interest types most likely seeking access, and from lawyer types who have defended the most despicable defendants.

If he ran before he should've know about the financial filings and NYS Election Law. He's held to a higher standard. He did not file on time. It's against the law. Period.

[QUOTE=SabreTooth;1674093]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    If he ran before he should've know about the financial filings and NYS Election Law. He's held to a higher standard. He did not file on time. It's against the law. Period.
    You're beating a dead horse here. See shortstuffs post above. Just a few up or did you skip it on purpose. My eyesight isn't gone yet and Sugg's name IS NOT on the violation list!

Well said Lee

Sure, this isn't his "first rodeo" but are you sure he wasn't the clown in previous ones?

Man, Lee's really worked up on this one!!!

Funny!

You are a d**k Breezy

Folks what kind of folklore would we do Wallace in as?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    You are a d**k Breezy

And here I thought how nice it was not hearing breezys bullcrap

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information