Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meet the 143rd State Assembly candidates

Here is how I see things, the Dems want that seat back to regain their control and as it appears, $$ would effectively help that along. Now a Law Professor reaches a certain sub type thereby allowing all that money to come. That said, these donors might feel a bit taken advantage of once they learn that Monica is NOT a Professor after all. $100,000 is a lot of money for an assembly seat IMO. Russ is the engine that could.

My concern also is why the misleading information? How would UB respond to this if the knowledge was known that Monica is exaggerating about her title? Someone told me if they did that, they would have been fired.

Long time stalker, first time poster here. I am curious about Russ's involvement with the STAR program. He touts in all his campaign literature that he was responsible for bringing it to fruition. How is this possible? Isn't this a NY State Program? So if he works in the department, is that any different than someone in the tax office saying they helped give a tax break? That seems like padding the resume to me.

As for the professor thing, I don't see it as a big issue. I called anyone who was in front of the classroom a professor and I have no idea if they were officially "Professors" , professors, teachers, TA's or something else. I do the same at my doctor's office, come to think of it. Half the time I don't know if it's a Physician, PA or some variant of Nurse, I usually call them all "Doc".

Quote Originally Posted by JD14086 View Post
    Long time stalker, first time poster here. I am curious about Russ's involvement with the STAR program. He touts in all his campaign literature that he was responsible for bringing it to fruition. How is this possible? Isn't this a NY State Program? So if he works in the department, is that any different than someone in the tax office saying they helped give a tax break? That seems like padding the resume to me.

As for the professor thing, I don't see it as a big issue. I called anyone who was in front of the classroom a professor and I have no idea if they were officially "Professors" , professors, teachers, TA's or something else. I do the same at my doctor's office, come to think of it. Half the time I don't know if it's a Physician, PA or some variant of Nurse, I usually call them all "Doc".
    I believe Mr Sugg stated that he as part of his job duties, implements the STAR program

As a lecturer in law school may list lecturing on story telling to the jury as part of their job duties.

Georgia L Schlager

Thanks for posting JD.
    I thought maybe you were actually looking for a more detail response. I hope this helps in your understanding of Mr Sugg's involvement in the implementation of the STAR program.

Russ Sugg's support & involvement with the STAR Exemption included, but was not limited to:

Tested software for programs to begin utilizing STAR Exemption on the NYS software Program called “RPS”. This is a Real Property System utilized by most all municipalities in NY for multiple purpose including Real Property Tax Exemption uses.

Installed NYS software and updates on local municipalities’ computers & servers for proper use and monitoring of the STAR program.

Forwarded suggestions and attended multiple focus groups on how to improve the programs implementation and public information.

Answered questions from local officials and taxpayers during the implementation process of the STAR program.

Held training and public information sessions on STAR and other Real Property related Exemptions for our NYS taxpayers.

Forwarded Legal questions & concerns to a team of attorney’s as needed.

Georgia L Schlager

Monica's following can spin this any way they like but it is NOT OK to call yourself "Professor" without merit.

Thanks Gorja. I'd always been curious about that. I've seen literature where it is stated that he was instrumental in bringing the STAR program to fruition and it was always something I was curious about. His involvement is a little less that I was assuming based on descriptions but it's good to know the facts

As for whose side I'm on or who I'm voting for, I don't know yet: That's why I was asking questions.

I know it is strictly a subjective observation but is Sugg actually campaigning? I've seen all sorts of stuff from the other side including press releases, news coverage, mailers and signs all over. I can't recall seeing one Sugg sign around yet and have only gotten one or two mailers. I hope he is not just a sacrificial lamb for the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Thanks for posting JD.
    I thought maybe you were actually looking for a more detail response. I hope this helps in your understanding of Mr Sugg's involvement in the implementation of the STAR program.

Russ Sugg's support & involvement with the STAR Exemption included, but was not limited to:

Tested software for programs to begin utilizing STAR Exemption on the NYS software Program called “RPS”. This is a Real Property System utilized by most all municipalities in NY for multiple purpose including Real Property Tax Exemption uses.

Installed NYS software and updates on local municipalities’ computers & servers for proper use and monitoring of the STAR program.

Forwarded suggestions and attended multiple focus groups on how to improve the programs implementation and public information.

Answered questions from local officials and taxpayers during the implementation process of the STAR program.

Held training and public information sessions on STAR and other Real Property related Exemptions for our NYS taxpayers.

Forwarded Legal questions & concerns to a team of attorney’s as needed.

Thanks Gorja. I'd always been curious about that. I've seen literature where it is stated that he was instrumental in bringing the STAR program to fruition and it was always something I was curious about. His involvement is a little less that I was assuming based on descriptions but it's good to know the facts

As for whose side I'm on or who I'm voting for, I don't know yet: That's why I was asking questions.

I know it is strictly a subjective observation but is Sugg actually campaigning? I've seen all sorts of stuff from the other side including press releases, news coverage, mailers and signs all over. I can't recall seeing one Sugg sign around yet and have only gotten one or two mailers. I hope he is not just a sacrificial lamb for the republicans.
    Sacrificial lamb, it sure seems that way – at least up to the present; and something I have publically said for months. Where Wallace has to date $107,000 in campaign donations, Sugg has $1,692. Although endorsed by four political parties, Sugg appears to be a man without a party when it comes to support – no mailers, no signs, no ads, zip; nada.

Wallace’s contribution list contains a plethora of special interest groups and money to burn:

Public Unions – NYSUT, BTF, SEIU
    Developers
    Builders
    Business types
    Other lawyers

The usual group often seeking access and considerations.

Limited in resources and media access Sugg is indeed David fighting Goliath.

BTW - There have not been any Sugg mailers as of today. And how strange is that for Sugg to hear from a Republican Party higher up that signs don't vote; he doesn't need any.

Contact russ for answers . He's very approachable and gas an excellent plan to further enhance the star program. Go to his fb page for his run for answers instead of posting hypothetical questions and inaccurate opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Sacrificial lamb, it sure seems that way – at least up to the present; and something I have publically said for months. Where Wallace has to date $107,000 in campaign donations, Sugg has $1,692. Although endorsed by four political parties, Sugg appears to be a man without a party when it comes to support – no mailers, no signs, no ads, zip; nada.

Wallace’s contribution list contains a plethora of special interest groups and money to burn:

Public Unions – NYSUT, BTF, SEIU
    Developers
    Builders
    Business types
    Other lawyers

The usual group often seeking access and considerations.

Limited in resources and media access Sugg is indeed David fighting Goliath.

BTW - There have not been any Sugg mailers as of today. And how strange is that for Sugg to hear from a Republican Party higher up that signs don't vote; he doesn't need any.
    We also can't forget the free large office space donated on union Rd from benderson's who Mrs Wallace bragged at duca she had financial backing from. So pay to play from a company who has received major tax breaks over and over again and will continue to receive. they leave eyesores throughout our communities. I am not lead to believe with this backing Mrs Wallace would help the taxpayer when they ask for more tax breaks

He has been actively going door to door fir months. Many months .community meetings and events and at least two literature drops that I personally am aware of

After watching tonight’s presidential debate, I wanted to take a shower. Neither candidate is worthy of being considered for such a prestigious position.

The 143rd NYS Assembly position was sullied and disgraced by individuals of both Republican and Democrat Parties. Both incidents validate why I never affiliated with any political party. It is difficult enough attempting to make a voting decision based on what individual is better qualified for the position, and most times who is the lesser of two evils.

We have two candidates vying for the position based on promises of ethics reform (at home and in Albany) and who speak on their integrity. It is time the people in this district set aside the political party allegiances, compare platform promises, examine the Erie County Board of Election donor list to view supporter donor interests, and consider candidate experience in government service and accomplishments.

For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would not consider Sugg the better candidate.

It does appear that some individuals did shake the County Republican money tree and signs and mailers are on the way. What have they been pledged from the Lancaster Republican Party committee? ****!

I wish Lee I could answer your last question. I can tell you limits funds were available to Russ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information