Thread: Dwi

Dwi

So the deputy mayor of Williamsville was snagged for allegedly driving under the influence and leaving the scene over the weekend. He runs a driving school! Allegedly left the scene, refused breath test...puts a burden on cops to prove he was loaded behind the wheel when they didn't actually pull him over while weaving or something. Property damage but no trail of the dying as left by Corasanti. He's to appear in Village court. Really?? Before a village justice whose salary, budget etc he controls as a member of the Village board? Not only shouldn't this be in Village court it shouldn't even be in town court. It should be bounced to another town, Tonawanda, Pendelton...but not Amherst. Pendleton would make sense...different court and different DA because it's a different county.

I agree. When our local Lancaster councilman had his DWI, he went to court in Alden.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I agree. When our local Lancaster councilman had his DWI, he went to court in Alden.
    Well IMO, I think it was because he would have had to face two Republican Judges, especially since one of those Judges was the one he ran against and lost. I agree they should appear in a different town.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Well IMO, I think it was because he would have had to face two Republican Judges, especially since one of those Judges was the one he ran against and lost. I agree they should appear in a different town.
    I think he would have faced the village judge

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I think he would have faced the village judge
    Yes, exactly.

So the dep. mayor has taken a leave of absence. At least now I know who's responsible for the parking mess in the Village. Wonder if they were passing the paper bag holding the bottle while they designed the mess.

Thread Information