Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-a coming

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    She has a point hipkat.
    Yeah and she's made it 23 times in this thread, verbatim....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Kmart and sears have been in financial trouble for years, the building on Walden ave . was SOLD late last year or earlier this year to Derrick and co.

Derrick and co. will be using the building to expand their manufacturing and now own almost the entire southwest corner of Walden to Duke rd with the exception of Jim's truck plaza and maybe Mavis car care.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...!4d-78.7575498

The REAL downfall of this is the lack of a big box retailer from West of Borden rd, south of Walden ave all the way to Milestrip rd in Orchard Park, with the exception of Kmart on Orchard park Rd in West Seneca on the former Seneca Mall site.
    Walmart on Walden?

Kmart's nationwide are a dump, apparently Jennifer hasn't been in one recently. The one on Walden looks the same as it did when I lived in Cheektowaga as a kid... in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    She has a point hipkat.
    Wait till the next recession, it's going to make 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic. Fed's got no ammo and the ONLY reason they want and need to raise interest rates is so that they can lower them as needed. They have stated such. State government's going to be in trouble, and the ones with highest obligations are going to hurt the most. I had read an article a few years ago showing Buffalo was a good place to ride out a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    K-mart still has over 1,500 stores,
    They are only closing the stores that are losing money for them

National sporting goods chain stores, Sports Authority, Sports Charlet closed all of their stores because other national sports goods stores had lower prices on the same items like Academy, REI, & Big 5 Sports, not that WNY ever had any of them anyways because of WNY's 45 year permanent recession, horrendous economy & hemorrhaging population loss's
    As I put in another post..you best find an area that can weather a recession. If memory serves Arizona, Florida, got crushed last time.

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    At least Pheonix has an better NFL team than Buffalo..... oops.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    At least Pheonix has an better NFL team than Buffalo..... oops.
    Your being mean

Unregistered
    That will be one of the 4 games the Bills will win this year. The Cardinals & Carson Palmer stink and on AZ sporting sites forms I have been telling them that since they lost the NFC Championship to the Panthers last year, I laugh when they were talking Super Bowl this year, NOT. Looks like I'm going to be right again, Yesterday was the Toilet Bowl in Orchard Park

Unregistered
    Buffalo Rising Really The land of make believe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nI7AgUKwk

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    As I put in another post..you best find an area that can weather a recession. If memory serves Arizona, Florida, got crushed last time.
    AZ Cities & Towns are prepared, if another recession happens, It's booming out of control right now and the money is flowing in, yet their has only been 1 raise for public sectors workers in 8 & 1/2 years, most police cars are still 10 year old crown vics. The Cities & Towns have been saving, investing & building reserve funds in the hundreds of millions dollars , They only buy & spend when they absolutely have to. most council members are accountings, financial analyst's, lawyer's, business owners etc. who want to see there town or city flourish and provide there boss's (the taxpayers) with great amenities while maintaining low taxes to keep there town & city viable to attract new business's & residents
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 26th, 2016 at 07:03 PM.

Unregistered
    AZ Cities & Towns are prepared, if another recession happens, It's booming out of control right now and the money is flowing in, yet their has only been 1 raise for public sectors workers in 8 & 1/2 years, most police cars are still 10 year old crown vics. The Cities & Towns have been saving, investing & building reserve funds in the hundreds of millions dollars , They only buy & spend when they absolutely have to. most council members are accountings, financial analyst's, lawyer's, business owners etc. who want to see there town or city flourish and provide there boss's (the taxpayers) with great amenities while maintaining low taxes to keep there town & city viable to attract new business's & residents
    Buffalo & WNY has been in it's own recession for over 40 years for it's own set of reasons

Unregistered
    the town & cities always showing residents what they are getting for the taxes every year and with growth, increasing revenue they spend money very responsible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXCTuG9ar5Y

OK, you're right, I concede. AZ is better....

...now piss off
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Anyhere is Better, NC,SC,GA,FL,TX,OK,CO,UT,VA,KY just to name a few

But you didn't see nothing yet, Remember, you rang my door bell and I will be happy to answer it when ever you's do

PS shouldn't you pissed at your corrupt government and the lousy town councils,
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 27th, 2016 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Anyhere is Better, NC,SC,GA,FL,TX,OK,CO,UT,VA,KY just to name a few

But you didn't see nothing yet, Remember, you rang my door bell and I will be happy to answer it when ever you's do

PS shouldn't you pissed at your corrupt government and the lousy town councils,
    I rang your doorbell?? I rang YOUR doorbell?? YOU, who almost never posts on here, a WNY forum decided all of a suddenly to make a grandstand about how bad WNY is to people from WNY. Then you start pontificating about the great of freaking chain restaurants and other businesses that not only don't come to WNY, but are not located anywhere near this part of the country. You repeat the same nonsense over and over like a parrot. Wwe KNOW Buffalo has it's issues but are you doing anything about that? Anything positive? Because a lot of people are and a lot of the BS you spout is dated and off target.

You're rally just a brainless, miserable, POS and truly feel sorry for anyone that has to encounter you in real life
    HipKat's Blog

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information