Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-a coming

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    If I were to leave, it would be 95% because of the taxes. Without a $500 star exemption I would pay more then $4000/yr for my little 1000sqft house.
    Smells like Depew, Cheek/Sloan or Maryvale. My 952 sq ft house in the Maryvale district was $3900 when I left in 2011.

Unregistered
    Now K-mart on Walden is closing & Eastern Hills Mall is turning a 1/3 of the Mall into apartments
    because they have to many vacant stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Now K-mart on Walden is closing & Eastern Hills Mall is turning a 1/3 of the Mall into apartments
    because they have to many vacant stores.

Kmart and sears have been in financial trouble for years, the building on Walden ave . was SOLD late last year or earlier this year to Derrick and co.

Derrick and co. will be using the building to expand their manufacturing and now own almost the entire southwest corner of Walden to Duke rd with the exception of Jim's truck plaza and maybe Mavis car care.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...!4d-78.7575498

The REAL downfall of this is the lack of a big box retailer from West of Borden rd, south of Walden ave all the way to Milestrip rd in Orchard Park, with the exception of Kmart on Orchard park Rd in West Seneca on the former Seneca Mall site.
    Last edited by Electric Eye; September 24th, 2016 at 09:50 AM.

Unregistered
    That's what happening when you have been bleeding population and raising taxes for years

K-Marts are closing all over the country. I know it's not fast food, but being a corporate chain person, I'd think you'd know that

Unregistered
    K-mart still has over 1,500 stores,
    They are only closing the stores that are losing money for them

National sporting goods chain stores, Sports Authority, Sports Charlet closed all of their stores because other national sports goods stores had lower prices on the same items like Academy, REI, & Big 5 Sports, not that WNY ever had any of them anyways because of WNY's 45 year permanent recession, horrendous economy & hemorrhaging population loss's
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 24th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

K-Mart/Sears is in trouble & has been for years. From the little I've read the value in the company is in the land because the company owns the stores and sites. Big box retailers are gonna have to change and adapt to Internet sales....at least until enough hacks and emptying of bank accounts occurs. I thought Best Buy was a goner a few years back but it adapted and concentrates on tv's and support systems like sound. They're still hanging on. Wheel of retailing, folks. I don't understand all the hubbub over fast food. If I'm looking for a really good meal fast food of any kind ain't on the list. When I go it's because it's fast and pressed for time. I tried a plant diet but it was so dry this summer my lawn got crunchy.

K-mart still has over 1,500 stores,
    They are only closing the stores that are losing money for them
    Yeah, ALL OVER THE COUNTRY

National sporting goods chain stores, Sports Authority, Sports Charlet closed all of their stores because other national sports goods stores had lower prices on the same items like Academy, REI, & Big 5 Sports, not that WNY ever had any of them anyways because of WNY's 45 year permanent recession, horrendous economy & hemorrhaging population loss's
    WNY and 95% of the country since academy sports is ONLY in Texas and Oklahoma, REI is ONLY in the Chicago/Indiana/Ohio, Michigan area, and Big 5 is ONLY in the Western Part of the country. Jesus, aren't you tired of choking on your foot yet?? Or better idea, do some damn research before you try one of your feeble attempts to tell us how WNY never had a goddamn store that doesn't exist within several states/time zones of WNY....

Moron!!!!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Who's the Moron , I just was at REI Store in Tempe AZ
    https://www.rei.com/map/store Their in 40 State's coast to coast
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 24th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Who's the Moron , I just was at REI Store in Tempe AZ
    https://www.rei.com/map/store Their in 40 State's coast to coast
    Is Tempe a suburb of Buffalo now? Oh wait, it's 2000+ Miles away. Moron

I guess you better inform REI they forget to add that booming store on their locator map

HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Business's & Company's will not come to area's that have a horrible economy and nothing is being done to
    try to fix it and with taxes going up, it's going to make things even worst.

Worst?
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    For starters
    Depew is going bankrupt and millions in debt and they are raising taxes again and that doesn't even take care of the debt
    population loss's are increasing every year , more business's are closing up,

For starters
    Depew is going bankrupt and millions in debt and they are raising taxes again and that doesn't even take care of the debt
    population loss's are increasing every year , more business's are closing up,
    Broken record much?
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Broken record much?
    She has a point hipkat.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information