Thread: Are your streets cleaned yet?

Are your streets cleaned yet?

Any news on which streets have debris removed?
    Facts only!
    I live in East Amherst area (close to Transit) and my street was not heavily damaged.
    I want to follow the clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by JTFry
    Any news on which streets have debris removed?
    Facts only!
    I live in East Amherst area (close to Transit) and my street was not heavily damaged.
    I want to follow the clean up.
    We live near Willow Ridge Elementary. Dangerous hanging branches were pruned off trees early last week but the remains still lay on the sidewalk all up and down the streets in our neighborhood. We were hit pretty hard.
    FOR RENT

I live in Snyder near Amherst Central H.S. The school's supposed to resume classes on Wednesday...I saw some truck activity near Eggert Road and in front of the school, but the side streets are piled 8 ft high both sides in most cases.

National Guard were walking around last week looking for branches on wires; guess they didn't see the two hung up on the wires near the pole in the next yard, b/c it's still hanging there.

I see the town highway workers doing a great job in cleaning up some of the streets in the hard hit Snyder area south of Main Street. Unfortunately Cheektowaga was quick to hire some private contractors and have already cleaned up many of their streets that border Amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric Cat
    Someone please ask MJ Peterson why it took 75 days, a call to the Amherst building inspector, and $500 in attorney's fees to get them to replace a leaky roof. Maybe it's because they're a slumlord?
    Thy're more than that; they also try their hand at blockbusting. They purchased the Cambridge and Allenhurst apartments some years back. They went to HUD to get grants to fix the place up. Then they opened the places up to Welfare receipiants, after getting the Welfare office to forward the rent money directly to them.
    After the crime rate climbed (ask the police about this fact if you don't believe me! ) and some of the neighbors wanted to move, they made a killing handling the sales. Sales that they instigated by bringing people that seem to enjoy stealing things and living like pigs.
    My late father-in-law lived on Windermere and chased some of those polecats out of his yard several times. My sister-in-law had money stolen out of her car by these thieves.
    And MJ Peterson laughed all the way to the bank.

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Quote Originally Posted by tomac
    Thy're more than that; they also try their hand at blockbusting. They purchased the Cambridge and Allenhurst apartments some years back. They went to HUD to get grants to fix the place up. Then they opened the places up to Welfare receipiants, after getting the Welfare office to forward the rent money directly to them.
    After the crime rate climbed (ask the police about this fact if you don't believe me! ) and some of the neighbors wanted to move, they made a killing handling the sales. Sales that they instigated by bringing people that seem to enjoy stealing things and living like pigs.
    My late father-in-law lived on Windermere and chased some of those polecats out of his yard several times. My sister-in-law had money stolen out of her car by these thieves.
    And MJ Peterson laughed all the way to the bank.

Whether intentional or not, the Amherst Police share some culpability for allowing Peterson to get rich off the destruction of the surrounding area. The APD is well aware of the crime at Allenhurst, yet they don't seem to want to learn how to deal with it and get rid of most of it. It is almost as if they have something to gaion by allowing this specific portion of the town be the collecting point for bad things. Maybe they DO have some vested interest in allowing suchg activities.

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    Whether intentional or not, the Amherst Police share some culpability for allowing Peterson to get rich off the destruction of the surrounding area. The APD is well aware of the crime at Allenhurst, yet they don't seem to want to learn how to deal with it and get rid of most of it. It is almost as if they have something to gaion by allowing this specific portion of the town be the collecting point for bad things. Maybe they DO have some vested interest in allowing suchg activities.
    You must be old, because your posts keep repeating themselves. Go back to your perch in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    ...your posts keep repeating themselves.
    Truth is eternal and worth repeating. Thank you for noticing.

they're clearing my street now, YEA!

a portion of washington hwy. (snyder) has been cleared, but only near the driveway leading in to amherst high's parking lot.

I saw crews on Hopkins yesterday as well as Casey Road.

the streets in snyder are clear, curbsides aren't though and in some places the brush pile goes into the road slightly but not enough to block traffic on the roads I use daily

but the idiot college kids are still parking on Campus Drive, so the trucks won't be able to clear the curbsides
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by forreason
    I see the town highway workers doing a great job in cleaning up some of the streets in the hard hit Snyder area south of Main Street. Unfortunately Cheektowaga was quick to hire some private contractors and have already cleaned up many of their streets that border Amherst.
    Thanks for introducing politics into the discussion. What a surprise.

Oh, Fan! Get over it! It's ALL about politics.

Thread Information