Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you going to believe?

Who are you going to believe?

So Harry Williams says Mohan told him to do a re-evauation of the town and to do it Mohan's way. Williams says he can't because it against NYS law. So Mohan says do it my way or I'll fire you. Williams goes public with the remark and Mohan calls him a liar. So who's telling the truth? Is Mohan a liar or is Williams a liar?
    dono

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe Mohan knows property values in WNY are somewhat flat from what we read in the news papers. I know two homes in my nieghborhood took a LONG time to sell until the price was lowered.

I was wondering can one call for a lower "reassessment" of thier home showing other sales of homes that didn't get what wanted.

How can we believe anything Mohan says? We already know he can lie without hesitation.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nomomo
    How can we believe anything Mohan says? We already know he can lie without hesitation.
    I guess he can join the club of about every other elected official in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    So Harry Williams says Mohan told him to do a re-evauation of the town and to do it Mohan's way. Williams says he can't because it against NYS law. So Mohan says do it my way or I'll fire you. Williams goes public with the remark and Mohan calls him a liar. So who's telling the truth? Is Mohan a liar or is Williams a liar?
    I listened to the WBEN story on the re-val, but there wasn't anything in it about a conflict with Williams. Near as I could tell, Mohan wants a townwide reval in which all properties are at least looked at, as opposed to focusing on various sections of town and establishing assessments based on previous sales of comparable homes.

Which part of that is illegal?

Townsfolk
    It would be helpful to know specifically, how Mohan would like the re-evaluation done, and why is Mohan's way against the law? We already know the current process is flawed.

Is the proposed reassessment going to include ALL properties in Amherst?... or just single family residential? I thought that I'd heard a brief phrase that multi-family and commercial properties were NOT included in the proposal.

IF that is true, that just doesn't seem fair.

Hmmmmmmm, who do I believe? During talks involving the costs associated with the Waste Water Treatment Plant, Mohan was heard to remark that "in India, we dig a large hole in the ground".

I believe Williams

Quote Originally Posted by etc
    Hmmmmmmm, who do I believe? During talks involving the costs associated with the Waste Water Treatment Plant, Mohan was heard to remark that "in India, we dig a large hole in the ground".

I believe Williams

Actually, the "hole in the ground" quote was in reference to Mohan's questioning why the Town needs to purchase so many port-a-potties. Why, in HIS country (note: HIS words), they just dig a hole, squat, and cover it up...

Believe Harry. I have heard that same story from Harry. Mohan has been threatening him for some time.

Funny how that happens when confronted Mohan threatens. When Jim Zymanek confront Mohan about cutting the fire dept funding, Mohan determines that the Town can do without a disaster coordinator and planning dept. It was only because state law requires the Town to have one that it still remains, only a few planners short.

I believe Williams.

One only has to read the numerous posts on the thread that refers to all of the lies that Mohan has told over the past few months...and then you'd come to the conclusion that more than likely Mohan is not honest when it comes to much at all. I believe Williams on this one. I only hope Mr Williams has the guts to go public (TV not the Bflo News) with the threat. I do think that the people in the Assessor's office should be the ones performing the assessments. They have the titles so now they can prove that they deserve them. The Town should not pay a company to do the assessments any longer. Hay-maybe some people from Planning can help out!!

I believe Mr. Williams in view of what I know about the Supervisor's track record on accuracy of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I listened to the WBEN story on the re-val, but there wasn't anything in it about a conflict with Williams. Near as I could tell, Mohan wants a townwide reval in which all properties are at least looked at, as opposed to focusing on various sections of town and establishing assessments based on previous sales of comparable homes.

Which part of that is illegal?
    the part where he didn't get a permit and HIS assesment was lower than it should have been.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    the part where he didn't get a permit and HIS assesment was lower than it should have been.
    How do you know his assesment should of been higher? are people waving large sums of cash to buy his house?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    How do you know his assesment should of been higher? are people waving large sums of cash to buy his house?
    Res, are you playing devils advocate? Come on...it you take a house with no indoor plumbing and you add indoor plumbing...does it increase the value of the house? Are people going to wave large sums of money to buy the house because it has indoor plumbing? Maybe not in your case Res...you seem to like things rough.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information