NYS of Politics http://www.nystateofpolitics.com/

Posted by Ryan Whalen on August 26th

Here’s the latest connection to state Assembly candidate Kristy Mazurek and Steve Pigeon, the Western New York political operative facing charges for allegedly bribing a judge. According to records from the Erie County Clerk’s office, Pigeon granted Mazurek power of attorney this week to handle his real estate transactions.

Pigeon signed the document Monday from San Diego County in California. Mazurek officially acknowledged her new legal responsibility a day later.

“Kristy was merely using a Power of Attorney for a real estate transaction that was months in the making,” stated her campaign manager David Pfaff. “She did this because the individual concerned was out of town when the papers were being signed. She received no financial benefit and to suggest she did is outrageous.”

According to a listing attributed to RealtyUSA, Pigeon’s waterfront condo in Buffalo was priced at $389,900 and a sale was pending last month. Early this month, the condo was delisted.
It’s the same residence, state and federal agents raided in May 2015, leading to Pigeon’s indictment. His attorney is arguing there were issues with the warrant.

But Mazurek’s critics say it’s just another example of how closely the candidate and the political operative are connected. She was the treasurer of an oft-criticized political action committee, the WNY Progressive Caucus, that was partially funded by Pigeon.

“It is inconceivable that someone who is running for public office and asking the public to put their confidence and trust in her would be so closely aligned in the personal and professional affairs of a man who is indicted for bribing a state judge,” her primary opponent Monica Wallace said.

Pfaff called it a non-issue though, noting that everyday thousands of people use power of attorney for business transactions. He shot back at the endorsed Democrat, Wallace.

“We have officially entered the silly season, if her opponent is leveling outrageous allegations about when and how a Power of Attorney is used. As a person who claims to be a law professor, she should know better,” Pfaff said.

He said Mazurek doesn’t plan to make any further comments about the issue, rather she is spending her time walking door-to-door to talk about the “issues that are important to real people.”

--------------------

I don't know who is worse: Pigeon, Mazurek or Pfaff!!

These three reek of corruption and should be nowhere near a leadership post representing beautiful Lancaster!!!

Someone should warn San Diego, and QUICK!! Pigeon probably looks at them as saps who he could con into another political scam.

And too bad we're stuck with Mazurek and Pfaff here in WNY. These two are darn right parasitic and mad hungry for power. Drunk with power may fit with these two, LOL.

If Kristy shows up at my home when going "door-to-door" she'll get a piece of my mind, that is of course, after I hide my wallet and any other valuables. Not to mention bolting down the outdoor furniture, and making sure the family vehicles are locked. I guess she'd fit right in with the Albany crowd. She has all the crooked credentials necessary to be the next ethical failure and embarrassment for our community.

Who the hell does she think she's fooling anyway?????