Thread: This is something that needs to be verified

Tony Fracasso - Admin

This is something that needs to be verified

Why we we as tax payers do this?

IF this is true then we need to review what other benefits are being paid for.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://www.buffalospree.com/Buffalo-...ees-settle-in/

I think the number is really 15,000 refugees since like 2000.

In a bustling city like Buffalo, the activities and achievements of an underrepresented population can go unnoticed. According to a study by the Partnership for the Public Good, Erie County resettled 9,723 refugees from 2003 to 2014. There are more to come; Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says that up to 300 Syrian refugees will be settling in Erie County throughout the year.

Let us say if it is 1700 a month on is for a 1 year time period what would that cost us?

9723 refugees X $1700.00 X 12 months = $198,349,200 Adds up fast doesn't it.

The number from about 2000 to 2016 is more like 15,000 from what I read and posted previously.

15,000 X $1700 X 12 = $306,000,000

I really have nothing to say but this is nuts. Our property taxes are out of line as it is along with some of the highest sales tax/NYS taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Why we we as tax payers do this?

IF this is true then we need to review what other benefits are being paid for.
    Just a guess but that old man's pension is based on the pay rate in 1947, not 2016
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I wish we spent money in the US like our children were going to be in the streets due to debt. Or that politicians had to pay a percentage of every dollar of their salaries for money they spend.

Why don't American's see this? Why don't they care?

1 out of every 5 children lives in poverty in the US ... .seriously WTF?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Add on top of those above figures heap, food stamps along with what ever housing/medical/welfare the group receives. Think about the cost to the public schools. You import 15,000 refugees that may have kids that don't speak English which makes schooling difficult. You also 1000's of refugees starting families so that is now adding to school taxes as they kids come of age. Yes I know some of the refugees start up small businesses but then again I think they receive grants to do so. Once again our money.

This is while we have elderly who go without, perhaps not keeping up with home repairs, infrastructure that is neglected and general educational issues of children in Buffalo.

I think it's about time to tell people like Cuomo, Hillary and the group that supports this to really shove up your butt. I think us property owners best interest should come first before people from other countries.

Thread Information