Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does the clinton foundation actually do?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What does the clinton foundation actually do?

What do they do?

From what I read 10% or less of the donations go to people in need. Seems that bulk of the money goes into people's pockets involved in the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What do they do?

From what I read 10% or less of the donations go to people in need. Seems that bulk of the money goes into people's pockets involved in the foundation.

The argument is that its an operational foundation, meaning that the charitable work is performed within the foundation by its own people not given to outside groups. This accounts for the travel and other internal expenses.

I have read of success stories related to education, HIV/AIDs, farming etc.. The foundation lays out is goals and charter pretty clearly.

I guess you can believe it or not.

The meme above is crap though. For example, if I start a charity dedicated to provide funding to research ALS cures, and I don't give my money to help the flood victims in Louisiana, does that mean my charity is not a real charity? Its not within my charter.

I'll also add that I am not naive enough to think that back patting isn't being done. Thats how the world works, like it or not.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go read the blog.

On Sunday, my fiancée and I woke up at the crack of dawn to volunteer for the Clinton Foundation’s Day of Action in Denver. We weren’t sure what to expect, but hoped to get the chance to do some real work that would have a genuine impact. Our hopes were realized many times times over when we got to the MiCasa Resource Center, an organization that has been dedicated to advancing the economic success of Latino families in the Denver area since 1976. The staff at MiCasa gave us a warm welcome and swiftly put us to work to repair areas in the Center that were in dire need of improvement. Our group was assigned to the green areas around the main building, and we worked all day to make them presentable again for the community. Here are some photos we took of our work in progress:

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/bl...ogether-denver

By connecting Haiti's artisans to new markets, we can spur local economic growth.
    More than five years after the January 2010 earthquake, the Clinton Foundation remains committed to Haiti’s long-term recovery by focusing on economic development and job creation. By highlighting the unique arts and handicrafts that are part of Haitian tradition, and helping these artisans to expand their operations, improve their production facilities and processes, and find new national and international buyers and retailers, President Clinton and the Clinton Foundation have succeeded in helping this sector to grow. This important aspect of Haitian culture is now an increasingly valuable sector of the Haitian economy, creating jobs, celebrating tradition and bringing a positive image of Haiti to the world.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/ou...itian-artisans

Haiti was once responsible for half the world's coffee production.
    The Clinton Foundation is working to grow Haiti's coffee sector by bringing Haitian coffee to new markets and has facilitated new purchase agreements between Haitian coffee companies, cooperatives and international buyers. In 2012, the Foundation began work on the Haiti Coffee Academy with international coffee company La Colombe Torrefaction. With support from the Leslois Shaw Foundation, the Haiti Coffee Academy will be a model coffee farm and training center which will serve rural coffee growing communities with the objective of improving crop yields, the quality of coffee grown, and access to markets and investments.

From Seed to Cup: What You Might Not Know About Coffee

For the last few weeks I have been skimming their site. There is a lot of "fluff" on this site.

Improving access to lower-cost, cleaner energy can strengthen Haiti's communities and build a more sustainable future.
    The Clinton Foundation has been investing in green energy in Haiti to boost Haiti’s recovery, recognizing that providing efficient renewable energy sources to reduce energy costs and dependency on fossil fuels are key to improving Haiti’s energy structure. The Foundation has worked with a variety of green technology organizations in Haiti to address Haiti’s high-energy costs, low electrification rates, and high dependency on fossil fuels. Clinton Foundation partners are also working on low-cost clean energy alternatives, creating recycling systems to help manage Haiti’s waste, and developing new methods for cooking through effective cook stoves and recycled briquettes to replace charcoal.
    I'd like to find out how much did they "invest".

They are lining their pockets. That is what I see. I'm not saying they are not helping some people but in the end less that 10% has been spent from what I read.

I'd like to find out how much did they "invest".

They are lining their pockets. That is what I see. I'm not saying they are not helping some people but in the end less that 10% has been spent from what I read.
    That percentage you are quoting is for charitable grants, not the foundation's primary mission. You can make the argument that rest of the spending is the investment if the foundation is directly doing the work.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So if someone gave me $100,000,000 dollars to my "non profit" speakupwny organization and I worked on "spreading awareness" that would be fine? Just jet around and use "non profit" funds for my living/travel expenses? That would be a cool job.

So if someone gave me $100,000,000 dollars to my "non profit" speakupwny organization and I worked on "spreading awareness" that would be fine? Just jet around and use "non profit" funds for my living/travel expenses? That would be a cool job.
    It would be okay as long as it was "okay" with your donors, and within the rules of a 501 c3, yes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hmm but what would my donors get in return for these donations? The value of awareness. Yeah that's it. Why would a prince in the mid east care about someone growing coffee in Haiti?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I always had an idea for a non profit called the little things. Have a go fund me page (local only) to get money and let people people submit little things they need money for. Such as services or items. Let the people who donate vote on which little thing is done.

Collect little amounts and shell out little amounts..

"I need a washer"

"I need a fridge"

"I need tires"

"little sport team needs uniforms"

"I need text books"

One the item is picked just get a few volunteers and get it done.

and so on.

Let me get this straight. So if did a good sales job and collected $500,000 in donations I could give myself a salary of $450,000 dollars and give away $50,000 worth of help or "awareness"?

I always had an idea for a non profit called the little things. Have a go fund me page (local only) to get money and let people people submit little things they need money for. Such as services or items. Let the people who donate vote on which little thing is done.

Collect little amounts and shell out little amounts..

"I need a washer"

"I need a fridge"

"I need tires"

"little sport team needs uniforms"

"I need text books"

One the item is picked just get a few volunteers and get it done.

and so on.

Let me get this straight. So if did a good sales job and collected $500,000 in donations I could give myself a salary of $450,000 dollars and give away $50,000 worth of help or "awareness"?
    Compensation for an employee of a 501c3 must be "reasonable" as defined by IRS guidelines. You would be subject to audits to determine if that is in fact a reasonable compensation.

This document outlines the definition of reasonable

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopici93.pdf
    The Internal Revenue Manual section 4233.27 lists twelve factors to be
    considered by an agent on examination in IRC 162 reasonable compensation cases,
    while various courts have developed their own lists. The factors the Manual lists are:
    1) the nature of the employee's duties;
    2) the employee's background and experience;
    3) the employee's knowledge of the business;
    4) the size of the business;
    5) the employee's contribution to the profit making;
    6) the time devoted by the employee to the business;
    7) the economic conditions in general and locally;
    8) the character and amount of responsibility of the employee;
    9) the time of year when compensation is determined;
    10) the relationship of shareholder-officer's compensation to stock holdings;
    11) whether alleged compensation is in reality, in whole or in part, payment
    for a business or assets acquired; and
    12) the amount paid by similar size businesses in the same area to equally
    qualified employees for similar services.

Hmm but what would my donors get in return for these donations? The value of awareness. Yeah that's it. Why would a prince in the mid east care about someone growing coffee in Haiti?
    Tax write-offs and Positive PR. Worth a lot to some people.

The meme is crap; there are better ones out there on the foundation - I prefer political cartoons to meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The argument is that its an operational foundation, meaning that the charitable work is performed within the foundation by its own people not given to outside groups. This accounts for the travel and other internal expenses.
    That's a fine argument; Looks like all of their fundraising is performed by its own people too; keep it close, low overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    The meme is crap; there are better ones out there on the foundation - I prefer political cartoons to meme.

That's a fine argument; Looks like all of their fundraising is performed by its own people too; keep it close, low overhead.
    Who else would be doing the fundraising for a non-profit?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The sources listed are valid links. I just looked.

Page 33

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/p/fil..._Form_1040.pdf

Page 36/37

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/si...ublic_2014.pdf

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go watch the video.

BIAS ALERT: New York Times finds latest Clinton Foundation bombshell unfit to print

print
    Published August 24, 2016 FoxNews.com
    Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print
    Now Playing

Cal Thomas: Bias is in the media's DNA

If you look hard enough, you find there's usually a reason for everything -- even at The New York Times.

But whatever the reason -- maybe it was the story about a parasite jeopardizing fly fishing in Montana, or those Russian hackers who attacked the Gray Lady's Moscow bureau -- the latest Clinton Foundation bombshell couldn't be found among "All the News That's Fit to Print."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-to-print.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information