Thread: Coin collection appraiser

Coin collection appraiser

I have numerous US and Canadian silver coins that I had collected when I was younger...no longer have the time...really was not concerned about value as I looked at them as minor investment .
    ANYONE ..can you recommend or have an experience with an honest legitimate coin appraiser that I may consult ...and what fee is charged if any,for this service should I decide not to sell? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you..very good info.

Joe, I am no longer in this field any longer I only did US coins my suggestion to you is do your research within you own city area, fine a good dealers who will not give you double talk just to grab your coins. Unless you have proof coins, or coins dating in those Key coin dates most likely you can make a few small dollars for dinner otherwise, key date coins are a must but it is what condition each coin is in it is all about condition. I still collect and grade my own coins not as much as I use to years ago and the most artful coins I love are the Morgan Silver dollar and St. Gaudens gold coins being the best artful designs. Coins are fun and can be an expensive hobby but you still can buy coins because you have little time and you can buy only those choice key date coins that every collection holds to make it collection worth money as a set. Today, many flee market type dealers will shine up older coins to bring more dollars which is a no no in my book you really need to be careful these days my second suggestion to you is join the Numismatic Society to keep up on those rare coins dates and to have good reading on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    I have numerous US and Canadian silver coins that I had collected when I was younger...no longer have the time...really was not concerned about value as I looked at them as minor investment .
    ANYONE ..can you recommend or have an experience with an honest legitimate coin appraiser that I may consult ...and what fee is charged if any,for this service should I decide not to sell? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Joe, I am no longer in this field any longer I only did US coins my suggestion to you is do your research within you own city area, fine a good dealers who will not give you double talk just to grab your coins. Unless you have proof coins, or coins dating in those Key coin dates most likely you can make a few small dollars for dinner otherwise, key date coins are a must but it is what condition each coin is in it is all about condition. I still collect and grade my own coins not as much as I use to years ago and the most artful coins I love are the Morgan Silver dollar and St. Gaudens gold coins being the best artful designs. Coins are fun and can be an expensive hobby but you still can buy coins because you have little time and you can buy only those choice key date coins that every collection holds to make it collection worth money as a set. Today, many flee market type dealers will shine up older coins to bring more dollars which is a no no in my book you really need to be careful these days my second suggestion to you is join the Numismatic Society to keep up on those rare coins dates and to have good reading on hand.
    Thank you for your advice...for now, due to time limitations..I am going to sit on them...probably let my heirs decide what to do with them. again...thank you for taking the time to amswer my question.

If you will them make sure you give them as a gift not a willing taxes ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Thank you for your advice...for now, due to time limitations..I am going to sit on them...probably let my heirs decide what to do with them. again...thank you for taking the time to amswer my question.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    If you will them make sure you give them as a gift not a willing taxes ya know.
    Already have...not listed in will...gifted to my children. ...along with my mini armory.

Thread Information