Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb, Dumb Dareus Suspended..

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    On one side I can see how it's frustrating to that someone getting paid millions can't follow the rules. On the other side I can see how many think it's stupid to hammer players for weed.

It's obvious his 'addiction' to weed did not hurt his performance. In fact, it's possible the medicinal aspects of weed help players performance.

The NFL does not seem to have issues with players taking shots or pills to hid injuries and hide behind those pills and shots being legal but they have an issue with weed.
    I don't know how we could ever tell if using the heathen devil weed hurt his performance (or helped it). We'd need to know how he would've performed without the hippie lettuce and that's probably unknowable. But he sure played well even if he was stoned out of his skull. And you figure all those munchies gotta help keep his weight up which is important for an interior D lineman. You have to be careful listening to these dudes on GR. In talking about it last week one of them said that the NFL has list of approved pain killers and that the players "have to take them". I don't think the NFL makes the players take anything. My guess is that the league has an aporoved list of meds from which players can pick if they feel they need it. But I don't think the league holds them down, puts the pill in their mouth and holds their nose til they have to swallow.

Using prohibited substances by NFL players isn't that new. I'm old enough to remember when"Big Daddy" Lipscomb of the Colts died from a smack overdose and that was longer ago than most of you young whippersnappers have been around.

Who was it, Lyle Alzedo maybe that talked about doing blow before a game started? One day, weed will be legal nationwide and our grandkids will look back at this prohibition and scowl just like we do to the liquor prohibition of the early 1900's.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I think it was Lyle Alzedo. Died way too soon. I don't know...I bet Buffalo was a fun place to live during Prohibition being right on the Canadian border as it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information