Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 37 shootings in July is a record for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Homicides are up 68 percent in Buffalo over the first eight months of the year
    That increase is only compared with last year, which was an exceptional low year for homicides.

"While the number of homicides in Buffalo is up in the first two-thirds of the year compared to last year, last year’s total of 19 was a bit of an anomaly compared to the last decade."

Yeah, last year was an anomaly. Buffalo is usually much more violent and typically is first or second in murders by population in NYS. Sometimes Newburg is higher. Buffalo also has one of the worst clearance rates for homicides in NYS.

I'm sure when it was low last year you still found something to whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    I'm sure when it was low last year you still found something to whine about.
    Whinnnning...because he shows concern for the rise in murders?? would you like him to praise the increase in shootings...engage brain before engaging keyboard!

Not murders. I was referring to his whining about pretty much everything else under the sun, and how he expects the mayor to have supernatural powers to fix all of them overnight.

he expects the mayor to have supernatural powers to fix all of them overnight.
    Not overnight, but, he's been in office for eleven years...gang activity and it's occupational hazards haven't gotten any better.

reading these tweets - the police need supernatural powers... http://www.bpdny.org
    Last edited by buffy; September 5th, 2016 at 11:34 PM.

Unregistered
    There is so much more crime going on from canal side to the BGH area that the mayor and the media is covering up and sweeping under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Not overnight, but, he's been in office for eleven years...gang activity and it's occupational hazards haven't gotten any better.
    The total murders for 2015 was only 19 people, but I don't recall you or cheekman or grump posting here to credit that improvement to the mayor's efforts. Yet when the rate goes up the first person you blame is the mayor?

The total murders for 2015 was only 19 people, but I don't recall you or cheekman or grump posting here to credit that improvement to the mayor's efforts. Yet when the rate goes up the first person you blame is the mayor?
    Did you see the Mayors' "emotional" plea for the shootings to stop on the news media?...sure sounded like it was a cold, scripted and read aloud "message' ..than a heartfelt plea for these gangsters to stop killing each other along with innocent bystanders.

I didn't "blame" him- I simply noted it's been more than one night that he's been in office. Mayor Brown is likable enough.

Unregistered
    Read the Canalside facebook site, read the constant comments about all the crime there and watch how quick
    they delete the comments, only in Buffalo, aka leaving in a make believe world with no future

Tony Fracasso - Admin

You really can't blame many about certain social issues. What you can blame people for are practices that compound issues we currently see in the city. Like bringing more people into the city of Buffalo that have no or little income in the first place competing against those already here. Which also includes adding more burden to the already over taxed property/business owners in Erie County. Only reason I think this is done is to gather votes at the expense of our community.

Not murders. I was referring to his whining about pretty much everything else under the sun, and how he expects the mayor to have supernatural powers to fix all of them overnight.
    I never said that I expect Erkel to solve anything. I gave no such expectations for him. And I wasn't whining; I was simply stating a fact about Buffalo. That said, I believe Erkel is in his third term as mayor, is he not? That's hardly "overnight" to fix anything. I still think SUWNY needs a "safe thread" where you can go to in which no one can post anything you don't like. As we all have heard ad nauseum, words do hurt, apparently especially the truth.

Some of you throw around "truth" in very loose terms...

Buffalo has a crime problem. Nobody is arguing that. But posts here make it out to be much worse than it really is. Like saying it's a huge % increase without mentioning that's only compared to last year which was extremely low. Or making up false claims of crime at canalside which is a flat out lie. Nobody here is challenging all the sheer BS crap that people like Jennifer post. Or only posting about crime in Buffalo while ignoring crime in surrounding towns as if only bad things happen in the city. A bunch of you are nothing more than anti-city whiners that gleefully rush to post any crime they read about as if it's some personal victory. I may be biased towards the city, but I don't come on here daily slamming Cheektowaga or anywhere else. Do you know that crime in many other US cities is way up this year? I doubt you care. Jennifer makes up fake news about crime at canalside. Does anyone here demand that she backs it up with facts? Why doesn't anyone ask her about the serial killer terrorizing Phoenix through all of 2016 that their police are completely impotent in catching? No, of course not, because in your ignorant minds everyplace else must be better than here, and you constantly give her a pass at all the crap she/he posts. Seriously, get a life.

I disagree with jennifer7's assessment of Canalside. I've been going down to Harbor Center twice a week for the last two years; walked all over Canalside many times. Never had a problem, never felt unsafe. Never saw a problem, except when BLM protested Donald Trumps rally, and that was handled beautifully and professionally by the Buffalo Police.

although, believe it or not, I was actually solicited at the marina the other day as I stood on the corner stretching my arms over my head! Apparently that's a signal!

Later on, I saw the same car dropping off a young chick in short shorts who gave him a wink and a wave.
    Last edited by buffy; September 7th, 2016 at 01:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information