Thread: Kudos to Town of Lancaster re newly designed website

Kudos to Town of Lancaster re newly designed website

Just perused the updated/improved design of Town of Lancaster website. Very impressed. Pretty slick and extremely user friendly.

I checked it out yesterday after work. I liked it too

Georgia L Schlager

It's refreshing, but you do need to do a lot of clicking to get to where you want to be. But kudo's to the Supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    It's refreshing, but you do need to do a lot of clicking to get to where you want to be. But kudo's to the Supervisor.
    Like any new program it takes some hands on to navigate with ease. There a lot of side bar menus that take one quickly to another field.

I remember too well having to go to town hall or the library to look at the information contained in like packets the town board members get for the upcoming town board meeting; then having to pay for copies to make up the documents of interest, I well remember the time, effort and cost to examine budget proposals at town hall and taking them to Kinkos to have copies make for 6 cents instead of 25 cents - 70+ pages.

The new website is designed well to lead one to the information he or she is seeking and also interactive where residents can send emails to town board officials and Department Heads.

I appreciated Supervisor Fudoli for listening to the residents and a website design that brought more openness and transparency to town and IDA website. This website far surpasses the old in design and innovated approach.

Thread Information