Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if - the terrorsit are found innocent?

Question What if - the terrorsit are found innocent?

Terrorists, which have been linked to the death of over 3,000 americans, are being tried in US Courts in NYC... Given the record of our Judicial system, what if they are found innocent? What happens then?

And what sort of example are we as a country setting? these people comitted an act of war against the most technological armed country the planet earth has ever seen in history... We have killed over 1,000,000 million people as a result of this attack, 5,000 US Soldiers dead... 5000 US Families in mourning...

and we, as a PEOPLE are paying for their defense in civil court?!

WTF?!?!?!?!

The fact that there is not MASSIVE public outrage over this just completely blows my mind.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Terrorists, which have been linked to the death of over 3,000 americans, are being tried in US Courts in NYC... Given the record of our Judicial system, what if they are found innocent? What happens then?

And what sort of example are we as a country setting? these people comitted an act of war against the most technological armed country the planet earth has ever seen in history... We have killed over 1,000,000 million people as a result of this attack, 5,000 US Soldiers dead... 5000 US Families in mourning...

WTF?!?!?!?!

The fact that there is not MASSIVE public outrage over this just completely blows my mind.
    If he is judged by a "jury of HIS peers", he will almost assuredly be found not guilty.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Again, I'll ask: if we treat them no better than they would treat American prisoners, what sets us apart from them? If they held "trials" in front of only military personnel that were closed to the public, would we not instantly cry out "kangaroo court!"? Let the world see what happens in a truly fair and open court of law. Convict them openly and fairly, and we take away their ability to cry that we're the devil incarnate.

We have tried almost 200 'terrorists' in the past 8 years in our criminal court system, without missing a beat. Do you really think we don't have proof beyond a reasonable doubt that they're guilty? If we don't have proof, then what right do we have to further detain these people?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

and of those 200 terrorists, how many have been put to death?

We, meaning YOU AND I pay for them to have the BEST healthcare, free food, shelter... I realise American prison isnt fantastic, however its the best in the world. As far as treatment...

And when the **** did these terrorists become americans? Why do they get the SAME RIGHTS and PRIVELEGES that our boys over in Iraq get? Why do these terrorists get the same rtights as americans? they are not americans at all...

their terrorists, hell bent on destroying this great nation, and changing our country over to shiite law... and seems to me you support this.

In WWII prisoners of war were not given the same rights as americans at all... these people are prisoners of war.

And since no country, or no non terrorist supporting country wants them, they should be exterminated.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Need to set example to our enemies...and potential threats

INTERROGATE THEM...A TRIAL IN A MILITARY COURT...THEN EXECUTE BY FIRING SQUAD...IF FOUND GUILTY!!!

their terrorists, hell bent on destroying this great nation, and changing our country over to shiite law... and seems to me you support this.

Oh, give me a freaking break. I take a stand, based on very sound Constitutional principles, and all the sudden I support Sharia law? Don't be such a nincompoop.

As for the Constitution:

Art III, Sec 2 The Judicial power shall extend to all cases . . . between a state, or the citizens thereof, and foreign states, citizens or subjects.

The US Congress has NOT declared war (indeed, there is no state against which to declare war) and so de jure and de facto, we cannot HAVE prisoners of WAR!

And please, someone respond to my query: If another country captured Americans and had a closed trial in front of a military tribunal with limited access to evidence and counsel, would you not be screaming to high heaven about it?

In answer to someone's question: the US has not executed any convicted terrorists, since, to my recollection, the death penalty has been disavowed at the Federal level. Perhaps you don't like the policy on the death penalty; that in no way abrogates our responsibilities and benefits of a fair and open trial.

edit: apparently the Fed does pursue and exercise the death penalty. I'm looking for info on how many, if any, convicted terrorists it has been imposed.
    Last edited by run4it; December 27th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

WTF?!?!?!?!

Instead of putting them on trial, what would you suggest?

Do you think we should just take the people who we think may be guilty, and execute them without a trial? Is that the America that you love so much?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Instead of putting them on trial, what would you suggest?

Do you think we should just take the people who we think may be guilty, and execute them without a trial? Is that the America that you love so much?
    Nah, just send them to their homeland and be done with it.
    The trial isn't for the terrorists, it's to make us look like buffoons. It's so Pelosi can say with a sneer in her shrill voice "See? I was right all along. I was never told about water boarding."
    I hope no criminal charges will be placed on any American as a result if this trial. Which, to me, is the motivating factor for this monkey court. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Nah, just send them to their homeland and be done with it.
    So...you're saying that the 9/11 terrorists should just be sent free to their own country?
    And, then, we'll be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So...you're saying that the 9/11 terrorists should just be sent free to their own country?
    And, then, we'll be safe?
    No, I don't know how you got "We'll be safe" from "Send them home" but what else are we supposed to do with them? Have we been safe since? No, just more on guard. After this "trial" we'll be even less safe that we have ever been. This trial will serve to tie our hands even tighter in obtaining information. Our only recourse for safety will be to shoot them dead. "I felt my life was in danger, Sir!"
    We won't get any information, but our country won't be made a mockery of and taxpayer dollars will not be wasted in such a frivolous trial as this.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

If found innocent I'd give them 24 to 48 hours before found dead on the street... Most likely beheaded.

What if ... your Mom or Dad or Son or Daughter is accused of being a terrorist? Would you like them to have a trial, or should the word "Terrorist" excuse us from giving them the benefit of the doubt? All Americans, and those accused of crimes on American soil, are supposed to get justice. Let everyone have a fair trial.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestBird View Post
    What if ... your Mom or Dad or Son or Daughter is accused of being a terrorist? Would you like them to have a trial, or should the word "Terrorist" excuse us from giving them the benefit of the doubt? All Americans, and those accused of crimes on American soil, are supposed to get justice. Let everyone have a fair trial.
    But what if they admitted to making the plans to kill 3000+ people and got out because they were read their "rights" when captured in afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    huh?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information