Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dog Control protocols need review and updating

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey, Mrs. Karn:

Nice timely, detailed DCO report for the month of July (communications). That should some people happy.

Gives Councilman Walter credibility that the changes recently make in the DCO department included the obligatory submission of such a report.

Still looking for full June report....

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    Still looking for full June report....
    Mrs. Karn was not on board yet. Her predecessor was in charge. Maybe that's one of the reasons why he was replaced. Move on, Mike. It's a new administration.

Mrs. Karn was not on board yet. Her predecessor was in charge. Maybe that's one of the reasons why he was replaced. Move on, Mike. It's a new administration.
    not the point Lee...regardless of who is there, records must be kept...the town requires it nys ag& mkts require it ...for someone who demands open gov't and transparency i'm surprised at your comment...

not the point Lee...regardless of who is there, records must be kept...the town requires it nys ag& mkts require it ...for someone who demands open gov't and transparency i'm surprised at your comment...
    The point you are making was made at a town board meeting when Mrs. Karn was hired - that is her obligation keep records and to file timely DCO reports. It has been made quite clear by the town that what requirements and obligations Karn was to meet.

The point you are making was made at a town board meeting when Mrs. Karn was hired - that is her obligation keep records and to file timely DCO reports. It has been made quite clear by the town that what requirements and obligations Karn was to meet.
    No matter how it's presented...the June report is still missing...does the Town clerk or councilman Walter have to do it...it's obvious that the DCO won't...

No matter how it's presented...the June report is still missing...does the Town clerk or councilman Walter have to do it...it's obvious that the DCO won't...
    Don't know the real situation but -

What if the previous DCO didn't leave the records for the first 3 weeks of the month around for his replacement? What would a new DCO do? Falsify the report?

Georgia L Schlager

I agree with you, Mike, that the report should be on file as the state requires; but keep in mind that the DCO in charge now was not in charge in June.

I have been told that you were at the meeting Monday night, so I have to ask why you did not address the board why there is no June report. Find out who dropped the ball and how you can get that June information.

All I am saying is that the department was being mismanaged and the head DCO was terminated as well s two DCO’S who were blowing off calls. This will not happen under head DCO Karn according to the town officials involved in the process and positive change in direction.

I tend to believe them and from all I hear about Mrs. Karn she will administer the DCO department with full compliance. I became more reassured this morning when I took my dog to the vet for his annual examine and necessary vaccinations.

I asked Dr. Grey at the Alliance Animal Hospital – a facility that works with the town – whether she had met Mrs. Karn. She replied that she had, has had conversations with her and is impressed with her intelligence, compassion and planned policies and procedures to operate the department in a compliant and efficient manner to administer to the best interests of the animals and their owners. Dr. Grey was exuberant in her praise of Mrs. Karn and with the program she is going to put in place.

Look at this week's communications. The DCO has provided the monthly report
    as well as 10.5 additional pages of documentation.

Now there's TRANSPARENCY

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Look at this week's communications. The DCO has provided the monthly report
    as well as 10.5 additional pages of documentation.

Now there's TRANSPARENCY
    Indeed! I also understand that DCO administrator (Mrs. Karn) intends to attend Monday evening's Town Board work session.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information