Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dog Control protocols need review and updating

GREAT job, Matt

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    You should've called! I'm happy to get them for you. I am currently at work now but will look them up when I get home and post them later. I believe I reported the November numbers last month at a town board meeting but I don't recall them off the top of my head.

As for the reorg, I agree that it's a start, and a good one at that. I believe this will steer the DCO in a better direction but we will continue to make improvements as needed to ensure the dogs we pick up get the best care possible before they are returned to their owners and strays don't wander our streets. This new arrangement will also allow for more diligent patrols of local parks and ensuring lapsed licenses are renewed quickly.

Matthew J Walter
    Lancaster Town Councilman
    Thanx Matt, is the monthly report still going to be a posted communication as in the past?

Great job Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Great job Matt!
    Not so quick, I didn't post it yet :-)

Just waiting to hear back. With the new realignment of the DCO, it appears to be taking a little longer. I'll post it as soon as I have it

Matt

[QUOTE=MaddMatt;1690518]Not so quick, I didn't post it yet :-)

Just waiting to hear back. With the new realignment of the DCO, it appears to be taking a little longer. I'll post it as soon as I have it

Matt[E]

Whoa slow down. Past practice was a monthly report sent to the Town Clerks office.. I can wait for the communication. I just want to make sure they are timely and accurate. Thanx

Just got the numbers in.....
    Picked up 8 dogs in November and all were retrieved by their owners. Only picked up 3 in December and all were picked up as well.

Full reports will be in communications for the next meeting

Matt Walter

Just got the numbers in.....
    Picked up 8 dogs in November and all were retrieved by their owners. Only picked up 3 in December and all were picked up as well.

Full reports will be in communications for the next meeting

Matt Walter

Thanx...mike

I am also thrilled to see the post from our Lancaster Police on Facebook. They are reminding people to call the police when you lose a dog and yes, even your cat. They will alert officers to be on the lookout.
    With the exception regarding how all the PT DCO hours are covered (Lee's comments on this post), I think we are making progress. That being said, checking on the dogs 1X per shift is not enough, especially for long term resident dogs.
    I would also like to see dog pictures posted on WNY Lost and Found. Other towns including Cheektowaga post pictures as soon as dogs are found and there is no reason we cannot do the same. I have seen a few dogs posted from Lancaster but definitely not every one that comes in.

Great idea, Deb.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post
    I am also thrilled to see the post from our Lancaster Police on Facebook. They are reminding people to call the police when you lose a dog and yes, even your cat. They will alert officers to be on the lookout.
    With the exception regarding how all the PT DCO hours are covered (Lee's comments on this post), I think we are making progress. That being said, checking on the dogs 1X per shift is not enough, especially for long term resident dogs.
    I would also like to see dog pictures posted on WNY Lost and Found. Other towns including Cheektowaga post pictures as soon as dogs are found and there is no reason we cannot do the same. I have seen a few dogs posted from Lancaster but definitely not every one that comes in.
    Deb,

With a PT DCO on shift 5 days per week, dogs should get attention multiple times during that shift as well as by an oncall DCO office overnight if needed.

As for pics, I completely agree and have instructed our head DCO to forward me pictures of dogs as they are picked up so I can personally take care of that. I am told that often times, they are able to locate the owner via dog tags or thru a phone call and those dogs obviously don't need to get posted online.

I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions. The revamp of the DCO is by no means complete and we are still working on additional improvements to ensure the best care for any dog in our shelter.

Matt Walter

[QUOTE=MaddMatt;1691496]Deb,

With a PT DCO on shift 5 days per week, dogs should get attention multiple times during that shift as well as by an oncall DCO office overnight if needed.

As for pics, I completely agree and have instructed our head DCO to forward me pictures of dogs as they are picked up so I can personally take care of that. I am told that often times, they are able to locate the owner via dog tags or thru a phone call and those dogs obviously don't need to get posted online.

I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions. The revamp of the DCO is by no means complete and we are still working on additional improvements to ensure the best care for any dog in our shelter.

Matt Walter
    Lancaster Town Councilman[/QUOTE

Thank you Matt.
    I do think it is great that the board continues to improve the DCO Department.
    BTW: My offer still stands regarding pictures. As a member of WNY Lost and Found, I would be happy to post online.

Great job Matt, excellent ideas Deb

Not so quick, I didn't post it yet :-)

Why do I have to request the DCO report every month...apparently the DCO revamp hasn't caught up to him yet............
    Matt
    .....oops I pushed the wrong button

Saw a post yesterday about two dogs seized at a Bowen road address. Lots of comments concerning the professional conduct or lack of by the DCO handling the complaint. I had hoped that things would be getting better at DCO land, but the response by the DCO leaves many questions.....DCO is like any job in most respects. Rules,regulations and the like. The big difference is DEDICATION.....something we don't seem to have!!!

Deb,

Matt Walter
    Hard for me to wrap my arms around the improvements in the DCO dept when we can't even get a monthly report in a timely manner....looks like little effort to reform and improve dog control in the town and villages....

Why? Has there been no effort to continue the dog enumeration in the town...the last one was not completed and stalled when the temp appointment at the Town Clerks office expired....

April 30. Still no March report.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information