Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supervisor Resigning??

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have not seen one thing she has done to save us money. But in the end she's getting paid and has a pretty new refurbished office...
    Have to give anyone a year or two.

I'm pretty sure the refurbished office was already in the works when Mary was Supervisor.

FYI: To help cut taxes Diane put together the first Citizen budget advisory committee in 20years. They made some recommendations that will not be popular with some.

There will be more recommendations next year and hopefully more time for the committee to go through the budget to make them.

It is up to the Town board to determine the feasibility and legality of ALL the recommendations and approve them. They will reduce town spending by approx $750,000.

I challenge the board to approve any and all that can be legally done as they will cut spending a small amount this year.

Will you vote for those that don't follow the recommendations?
    Last edited by Electric Eye; July 26th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    FYI: To help cut taxes Diane put together the first Citizen budget advisory committee in 20years. They made some recommendations that will not be popular with some.

There will be more recommendations next year and hopefully more time for the committee to go through the budget to make them.

It is up to the Town board to determine the feasibility and legality of ALL the recommendations and approve them. They will reduce town spending by approx $750,000.

I challenge the board to approve any and all that can be legally done as they will cut spending a small amount this year.

Will you vote for those that don't follow the recommendations?
    Closing a facility important to the public (the Maryvale pool) to save a relatively small amount while continuing to waste millions on overpriced sanitation expenses, ineffective use of employees, and all the patronage jobs and expenses in the budget seems like an attempt to create a claim "the people don't want to cut the budget to be able to protect all the millions of waste on friends and families.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Closing a facility important to the public (the Maryvale pool) to save a relatively small amount while continuing to waste millions on overpriced sanitation expenses, ineffective use of employees, and all the patronage jobs and expenses in the budget seems like an attempt to create a claim "the people don't want to cut the budget to be able to protect all the millions of waste on friends and families.
    That is one way of looking at it, no matter how much the committee tried the union contracts were off limits. Partly because proposals were already in the hands of the unions before the committee's first meeting.

If you cut nothing then spending increases, and so do your taxes. You have to start somewhere and no matter where, someone will not like the result. BUT CUTS MUST BE MADE!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is one way of looking at it, no matter how much the committee tried the union contracts were off limits. Partly because proposals were already in the hands of the unions before the committee's first meeting.

If you cut nothing then spending increases, and so do your taxes. You have to start somewhere and no matter where, someone will not like the result. BUT CUTS MUST BE MADE!
    So what if proposals were already in the hands of the unions. You say "Unions" I say who? Joe, Bob and Alice? ( just random names ). Like when people on the town board refer to the group as the "Town Board of cheektowaga" Time to get real.. It's Diane, Jerry, Jim etc.. And the one who I'm told misses meetings. Is this still a continuing issue?

Maybe the best thing to finally do is really work on removing all the people including Diane from our town board and get people on the board who's only priorities are the property owners. If you can't vocally address the issue on hand you can't solve the problem.

As I said I don't play favorites.

You can't when you are representing the property owners of Cheektowaga.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So what if proposals were already in the hands of the unions. You say "Unions" I say who? Joe, Bob and Alice? ( just random names ). Like when people on the town board refer to the group as the "Town Board of cheektowaga" Time to get real.. It's Diane, Jerry, Jim etc.. And the one who I'm told misses meetings. Is this still a continuing issue?

Maybe the best thing to finally do is really work on removing all the people including Diane from our town board and get people on the board who's only priorities are the property owners. If you can't vocally address the issue on hand you can't solve the problem.

As I said I don't play favorites.

You can't when you are representing the property owners of Cheektowaga.

Hasn't this been tried in the last few elections? The Republicans don't put an honest effort in promoting electable candidates, the majority of voters must be satisfied with their tax bill and the way the town is run. If the majority of taxpayers are unhappy, then they need to get to the polls and vote in someone other than the incumbents, otherwise you're just pissin in the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Hasn't this been tried in the last few elections? The Republicans don't put an honest effort in promoting electable candidates, the majority of voters must be satisfied with their tax bill and the way the town is run. If the majority of taxpayers are unhappy, then they need to get to the polls and vote in someone other than the incumbents, otherwise you're just pissin in the wind
    That, unfortunately, is true.

But Diane is supposed to be a "new democrat" who at least recognizes that Cheektowaga has the highest tax rate. Up until now Mary and the boyz were claiming Cheektowaga had one of the lowest tax rates.

So let's see if she can begin the process of cutting expenses, then gather momentum from one or two new members from upcoming elections, or old boyz who change their tune after seeing the writing on the wall.

Personally, I think it may be necessary to push the town into bankruptcy to clean out the mess and start over.

We can and should pay our town employees decent wages for a full day's work. But we shouldn't be paying more people than we need and we shouldn't be paying them for a full day's paycheck for a half-day's work. Correcting that might take more political courage than can be expected from any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

All the unions in the town have expired contracts, most expired on 12/31/2015...one expired 2.5+years ago. As per Stan. Not sure if all were offered new contracts, but to the best of my knowledge not one of the UNIONS have agreed to new terms as proposed by the town negotiators (whoever they may be) and they had no input from the citizen budget advisory committee as they weren't allowed to go there even though they wanted to.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    All the unions in the town have expired contracts, most expired on 12/31/2015...one expired 2.5+years ago. As per Stan. Not sure if all were offered new contracts, but to the best of my knowledge not one of the UNIONS have agreed to new terms as proposed by the town negotiators (whoever they may be) and they had no input from the citizen budget advisory committee as they weren't allowed to go there even though they wanted to.

So who is representing us property owners?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information