Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supervisor Resigning??

Supervisor Resigning??

Has anyone heard the rumor that Madam Diane Benczkowski, Cheektowaga Town Supervisor is considering resigning?

No...but it sounds like you are trying hard to stat that rumor.

Still sour grapes from the maxi pad side

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll email Diane and confirm.

No. Not at all
    Please

If true, something serious is happening on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'll email Diane and confirm.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    At this current time Diane is absolutely not resigning. Confirmed.

So Mr or is is Mrs politics....

Who started the rumor?

Who started the rumor?
    Usually emanates from the Red Oak area, like all the political garbage mail we get at election time

Who started the rumor?
    too bad no great loss if she did the town cops and blue collars wouldn't miss her.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    too bad no great loss if she did the town cops and blue collars wouldn't miss her.
    She's not there to make friends

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    She's not there to make friends

no.... but she has no clue what the hell she is doing.. Everything she screws up she says holtz did it... hear it all the time. useless..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    no.... but she has no clue what the hell she is doing.. Everything she screws up she says holtz did it... hear it all the time. useless..
    If it was signed by the supervisor BEFORE 1/1/2016....How can it possibly be the 2016 Supervisors fault ? Sure she voted for some stuff while on the board. So did others and there is plenty of blame to go around.

With her only being the Supervisor for almost 8mos you can't possibly blame the past 20 years all on Diane or do you?

It will take plenty of time to try and fix and it will take more then 8mos to develop a reputation so your a little premature.

Please list in detail "Everything she screws up" and blames Holtz on so we can keep track as you are.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I agree with electric eye on this one. The Cheektowaga Democratic party has controlled our town for years and brought us to the point we are at. One person can make a dent in the budget but they have to have the will to do so. The issue is many of the people who run/work in our town are either friends or family. This is why we will never have anyone from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party do anything that really puts a dent in our property taxes.

Times have changed, client base is moving out and it's time for sacrifice.

Sup

So the party has controlled the Voters? I mean the party elects a candidate and the people elect them based off the party (committee people endorse). And your 100% correct that one person can make a difference, if they have the will and the knowledge to do so, which Diane does not. The ongoing battle over the Dem party ruining and running the town is true to a degree but why wont you admit the Union contracts are what really have us locked up. And id like someone with more intelligence than me tell me how they get changed?

Once again, Diane ran for Supervisor on lowering taxes, and she does not have the intelligence to do so, or anyone in the town for that matter. I think the only viable solution is to go outside the town and get a board to oversee or control what our town does with our money. I mean she's the boss and supervise, but what is she doing to change past practices and spending practices that are putting our town further into debt which ultimately results in higher taxes. I have not seen one thing she has done to save us money. But in the end she's getting paid and has a pretty new refurbished office...

I agree with electric eye on this one. The Cheektowaga Democratic party has controlled our town for years and brought us to the point we are at. One person can make a dent in the budget but they have to have the will to do so. The issue is many of the people who run/work in our town are either friends or family. This is why we will never have anyone from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party do anything that really puts a dent in our property taxes.

Times have changed, client base is moving out and it's time for sacrifice.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The ongoing battle over the Dem party ruining and running the town is true to a degree but why wont you admit the Union contracts are what really have us locked up. And id like someone with more intelligence than me tell me how they get changed?
    I have said this many times. The Cheektowaga Democratic party has tied our hands with bad negotiation over the years. Don't take me wrong. I understand people with families work for us no different than any other service business. You get to the point where it is out of hand and there simply is no justification for the benefit packages and/or loop holes that allow games to be played when padding a pensions etc. WHen you start to hit 6 figures you get to a point where raises can't be justified based on time only. Plus we have been losing our client base over the last 15+ years and people say it's over property taxes I don't want to hear "Well it's school taxes not town taxes". The check gets sent to the same place. I don't care how it's split up but we have two monopolies running in our town.

Once again, Diane ran for Supervisor on lowering taxes, and she does not have the intelligence to do so, or anyone in the town for that matter. I think the only viable solution is to go outside the town and get a board to oversee or control what our town does with our money. I mean she's the boss and supervise, but what is she doing to change past practices and spending practices that are putting our town further into debt which ultimately results in higher taxes. I have not seen one thing she has done to save us money. But in the end she's getting paid and has a pretty new refurbished office...
    I expect our town board to call Andy and say "NYS laws are hindering us trying to lower property taxes" it's time for a change in the laws. That won't happen because they are all part of the same political party and in the end will even support someone corrupt.

I thought the town board has final say.

If there way to even bankrupt the town they should look at that avenue to null and void all contracts for a fresh start. Something to untie our hands. So what if it cost us a percent or 2 more to borrow money in the future. The savings for us property owners will be more over time compared to a point or two on borrowing. I'd rather run the town on a pay as you go plan versus let's borrow and saddle us property owners with debt. I'm just blurting stuff out. Bankruptcy might be harsh but you get the idea. If we sat and put our heads together we could figure out what could be privatized and review what could really be done.

Honestly it might be better for young families to just move instead of paying more for the same or less services compared to other towns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information