Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Az and water

Unregistered

Az and water

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    She is ignoring the major problems that Arizona has RIGHT NOW!!
    Ignoring ? NOT, First of all, there are certain levels that Lake Mead has to hit for certain restrictions
    to happen and it hasn't happened. But with the last few winters, the snow packs on the mountain's have had pretty good run offs. Phoenix only gets 40% of it's water from Lake Mead. and even if there was a water shortage in 100 or 200+ years. There are plans to build water purification plants like they have in Dubai & other UAE cities. where they get 98% of their water. But for right now, AZ is working with the Union Pacific & BNSF for the right a ways and getting the funding to start building a high speed rail system.
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 12th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Ignoring ? NOT, First of all, there are certain levels that Lake Mead has to hit for certain restrictions
    to happen and it hasn't happened. But with the last few winters, the snow packs on the mountain's have had pretty good run offs. Phoenix only gets 40% of it's water from Lake Mead. and even if there was a water shortage in 100 or 200+ years. There are plans to build water purification plants like they have in Dubai & other UAE cities. where they get 98% of their water.
    You mean desalination? From all the oceans along the Arizona border?

Unregistered
    Gulf of California & the Pacific Ocean, Most of the tunnels & canals have already been built.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Gulf of California & the Pacific Ocean, Most of the tunnels & canals have already been built.
    Interesting. You mean there are tunnels that go from the Gulf of California & the Pacific Ocean actually under ground? What was the point of building them in the first place seeing it's salt water?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Interesting. You mean there are tunnels that go from the Gulf of California & the Pacific Ocean actually under ground? What was the point of building them in the first place seeing it's salt water?
    Water purification plants turn Sea/Salt water into drinking & usable water
    and there already canals/tunnels that are very close to Gulf of California and the Pacific Ocean
    and it wouldn't take very much to build new tubes and connect them into the system
    but why you build them now, when you might not need to for 100, 200+ years or never
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bgkFgqJQ

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know how Water purification plants turn Sea/Salt water into drinking water.

I'm more curious to what tunnels you are referring to. First off it would take a lot to build tubes.

Or sink pipe on the ocean floor and siphon water from Alaska.

While we're at it, tow an iceberg down from the Arctic.

All these ideas and more have been suggested over the decades.

Let's get right to the point: They're all nutty. Politically and financially unfeasible.

But hardly a day passes without some emailer wondering why our political leaders don't possess enough ingenuity and foresight to go out and grab another state's water.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/politic...27-column.html

Unregistered
    Also CA, NM, NV and Mexico have there own system's that are tied in to AZ's CAP

I see no underground ocean tunnels here.

Unregistered
    go look on the map again, they go right under the mountain ranges and the maps show the
    main canals., There are also several secondary canalsthat also tunnel under mountains all over AZ, CA, NV, NM & Mexico etc... But Erie County has there own drought right now
    http://wivb.com/2016/07/06/alden-vil...ght-continues/
    But what else would you expect from the WNY's dysfunctional city, town, county, and state governments
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 13th, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

go look on the map again, they go right under the mountain ranges and the maps show the
    main canals., There are also several secondary canalsthat also tunnel under mountains all over AZ, CA, NV, NM & Mexico etc... But Erie County has there own drought right now
    http://wivb.com/2016/07/06/alden-vil...ght-continues/
    But what else would you expect from the WNY's dysfunctional city, town, county, and state governments
    Those are freshwater tunnels.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think you are in the sun too much.

You should know of all people if I can point out issues in government I would. You can not blame the lack of rain on any dysfunctional city, town, county and/or state government.

One thing I would put into place before some corrupt elected official sells our community out is a law that Great Lakes water can not go to other states by pipe or large tankers. I would even question anything larger than 55 gallon drums for the most part.

We should use our area resources in our best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think you are in the sun too much.

You should know of all people if I can point out issues in government I would. You can not blame the lack of rain on any dysfunctional city, town, county and/or state government.

One thing I would put into place before some corrupt elected official sells our community out is a law that Great Lakes water can not go to other states by pipe or large tankers. I would even question anything larger than 55 gallon drums for the most part.

We should use our area resources in our best interest.
    We have his already.

There are several compacts and alliances in place with the Great Lakes States and Canada that closely manage Great Lakes water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...rces_Agreement
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes_Compact

Unregistered
    When NYS is giving away Billions of dollars & perks for business's to locate to WNY & NY. Nestlé's was looking for a location to build a new plant to filter & bottle water and WNY has 2 large lakes and Nestlé's chose to build their new plant in Phoenix in the desert ? The reason they choose the desert is because the governments are well run , is probably a slap in the face to Buffalo & NYS saying thanks but no deal.

Unregistered
    Right now tunnels are use for freshwater, but why couldn't they carry sea water to
    purification plants ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information