Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Az and water

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Right now tunnels are use for freshwater, but why couldn't they carry sea water to
    purification plants ?
    Because they are no where near the sea?

When NYS is giving away Billions of dollars & perks for business's to locate to WNY & NY. Nestlé's was looking for a location to build a new plant to filter & bottle water and WNY has 2 large lakes and Nestlé's chose to build their new plant in Phoenix in the desert ? The reason they choose the desert is because the governments are well run , is probably a slap in the face to Buffalo & NYS saying thanks but no deal.
    It's not Buffalo's water to give.

Unregistered
    Pacific Ocean is only 177 miles from the AZ border and there already canal and tunnels system
    that connect AZ system with the pacific ocean and already connected to Salton Sea only 40 miles from AZ
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...fornia_new.png
    San Diego just opened the first plant to turn salt water into drinking water and more are planned
    http://carlsbaddesal.com/
    Also the AZ water system is connected with Gulf of California which is 38 miles away from the AZ Border and is already connected thur the Colorado River systems

Jesus you must be single because no man could put up with someone who argues and just HAS to be right as much as you do.

I've asked other people this question before so I'll ask you; You don't live in Buffalo, you don't like Buffalo. Why in the hell are you on this forum?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I'm not sure why you guys keep engaging with jennifer7. It just feeds the troll.
    Most of the stuff he posts is bull***** anyway.

Unregistered
    it's the Donald Trump way, WIN, WIN, WIN
    Things will get better in Buffalo & Erie County when they go bankrupt and have to break all the union contracts and start all over again and the way things are going there , It's coming soon Buffalo & Erie County is close to hitting rock bottom Once they bring salaries, benefits, & pension's down to national averages, you will be able to lower taxes. But their will be one county school district, one county Police Dept. one county professional paid fire dept, one county highway dept etc...
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 13th, 2016 at 11:49 PM.

Unregistered
    Once the government get's restructured, You need to rebrand the region
    Maybe you name the Metro area New Amsterdam, (which was the original name of Buffalo)
    New Amsterdam Sabre's, New Amsterdam Convention Center, New Amsterdam/WNY region Airport
    I live in New Amsterdam NY, New Amsterdam Metro Police Dept. New Amsterdam Fire & Rescue
    New Amsterdam Medical Center, New Amsterdam School System. Just saying the new names alone you are already get a fresh feeling & a new image. Also you need strong leadership Ask local successful business people like Pegula to help find a Metro Manager and build a metro support team.
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 14th, 2016 at 12:46 AM.

You DO know there's already an Amsterdam, NY right?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You DO know there's already an Amsterdam, NY right?
    WNY has a amazing opportunity with the Falls. They should build a power plant there or something.....

Unregistered
    That's the easy part, name it Lake City NY or something. Buffalo/Erie County cannot keep spending money like it's Dubai and have the economy of Erie County, There are massive rising costs coming with all future 1,000's & 1,000 of County, City, Town & School District employees retiring with there $100,000+ luxury pensions & fully paid medical insurance for life ,the $100,000+ buy outs of unused vacation/sick time. and then pay for all there new replacements, benefits, yearly longevity pay,luxury benefits. (family or the well connected need only apply) Where's all the money going to come from ? There next
    to no growth or private investment in Erie County. Same old same old and keep rising taxes ? Look at what damage that has already done to the local economy and the national image of Buffalo

That's the easy part, name it Lake City NY or something. Buffalo/Erie County cannot keep spending money like it's Dubai and have the economy of Erie County, There are massive rising costs coming with all future 1,000's & 1,000 of County, City, Town & School District employees retiring with there $100,000+ luxury pensions & fully paid medical insurance for life ,the $100,000+ buy outs of unused vacation/sick time. and then pay for all there new replacements, benefits, yearly longevity pay,luxury benefits. (family or the well connected need only apply) Where's all the money going to come from ? There next
    to no growth or private investment in Erie County. Same old same old and keep rising taxes ? Look at what damage that has already done to the local economy and the national image of Buffalo
    Speaking of Dubai, Buffalo should build a series of islands on Lake Erie for private mansions. They can then claim international waters so people who live there don't have to pay taxes. They will instead need to rent a helicopter to get to and from work....but they could commute to Buffalo or Toronto.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Speaking of Dubai, Buffalo should build a series of islands on Lake Erie for private mansions. They can then claim international waters so people who live there don't have to pay taxes. They will instead need to rent a helicopter to get to and from work....but they could commute to Buffalo or Toronto.
    Love it, I would say connect a bridge to the islands, but since they can't even build a New Peace Bridge (remember all those
    lovely pictures of what the Bridge would look like in the Buffalo News) and a draw/lift bridge to connect inner harbor to the out harbor (like they have in Chicago)

Love it, I would say connect a bridge to the islands, but since they can't even build a New Peace Bridge (remember all those
    lovely pictures of what the Bridge would look like in the Buffalo News) and a draw/lift bridge to connect inner harbor to the out harbor (like they have in Chicago)

No bridges. They should build a tunnel from Buffalo to Toronto..possibly add a stop for Hamilton. The tunnel should include 4 tracks for trains, 8 lanes for trucks and cars as well as a pedestrian/bike access level so people could walk/bike from Buffalo to Toronto. I think they could get all of the funding by speaking to Michelle Obama and spinning it as some type of health oriented program. Fat kids are bad.

it's the Donald Trump way, WIN, WIN, WIN
    Things will get better in Buffalo & Erie County when they go bankrupt and have to break all the union contracts and start all over again and the way things are going there , It's coming soon Buffalo & Erie County is close to hitting rock bottom Once they bring salaries, benefits, & pension's down to national averages, you will be able to lower taxes. But their will be one county school district, one county Police Dept. one county professional paid fire dept, one county highway dept etc...
    Salt water tunnels....uh..ok...

Bloated, inefficient, expensive government here....yep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information