Thread: I resolve to ...

I resolve to ...

what?
    Do you make New Year's resolutions?
    Do you keep them?
    Do you beat yourself up for not keeping them?
    What are your successes?

For a few years I have resolved not to resolve. I find when I fail to do that which I resolve to do, not only do I give up, I get worse at the thing which I resolve to change. So much so that I'm stagnated.
    So, this year, I'm not resolving so much as I am modifying. I'm going to modify a few things. This, to me, doesn't sound as harsh and final as a resolution.
    I'm going to modify my reaction to my set backs that prevent me from reaching my goals. I'm not going to beat myself up so hard that I never get back to the issue I'm working on. I'm sure I'll scold myself, but not to the point of complete failure. Just enough to motivate me to get back up and start continue on. To focus on how far I've come instead of how much I've yet to go.
    This year I'm going to modify my gluttony in the areas of finance, food and amusement. By year's end I should weigh less, have less debt and evidence of less time spent on the computer, like more quilts perhaps?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Im saving for a 100'x300'x40' barn and 100-200 arcres. And will continue to look for a compatible female to build it and make it into our homestead.

Id like the living quarters to be 100x50 and 3 levels. And all utilities will be self sustaining and not connected to any authoritarian grid. The cupola will be 40x25 with a 105mm M68 cannon barreled turret mounded above. I'll probably plant some flowers around the place somewhere too.

spend more time doing less typing

Fight the good fights
    (thanks for always reminding me Save Us)
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

learning how to spell better. hehehe

Thread Information