Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Timmies for Dick rd..

New Timmies for Dick rd..

A proposal for a new timmmies which will be located at 829 dick road near chapel ave. I am all for new business coming into a burbs in fact I would like to see more development coming in the burbs and keeping it out of the city..

You have a goofball politician tim Meyers that lives in that area and sees what a mess with traffic this area is for years and has done nothing about it until now complaining about traffic because a new business wants to come in.. Mr. Meyers the town owns every signal on dick rd!! in case you didn't know this.. dick and geo ubran, wegams @ dick barone @ dick, North creek @ dick. Has the town done anything to fix the problem with these traffic lights ...NO.. Timing of lights no, new control boxes no.. wegams and barone signals are so bad that all it does is back up traffic at peak times of the day..
    Bring hortons in but no traffic light for them. Like the one on transit in Depew you have five lights in a half mile, and the idiots on the village board let it happen..

Mr. Meyers get your head out your butt and fix the problems. lets do a traffic study for two years..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I think that it's a bad location due to traffic, but if people want their coffee that bad then let them wait trying to get out of there. I thought Dick rd was a county road, but not totally sure who has the responsibility for it

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    I think that it's a bad location due to traffic, but if people want their coffee that bad then let them wait trying to get out of there. I thought Dick rd was a county road, but not totally sure who has the responsibility for it
    It is a county road.

http://www2.erie.gov/dpw/sites/www2....phabetical.pdf

had coffee with the packers this morning they tell me that you don't even want to go down dick rd at all because the traffic is so bad no matter what time of day. The 3 big problems with this area are the sigs on Barone at dick and wegmans at dick and geo urban and dick. so I am right again.. Its a county road yes but all the lights are town owned in this area by the town. the state owns the xway light exit and that tramp should not even be there. all traffic should exit on geneses st by the airport which is less than a half mile from the dick road exit. but the state is to dumb to figure that out. The two traffic lights at barone and wegmans need to be timed during peak rush hour traffic. You can also put these 2 signals on flash a lot earlier during the night mornings and weekends to keep traffic moving. If the people want to leave wegmans they can go through the plaza and exit off meadowlawn to the light on geo urban. If wegmans complains screw them. It will give the new town attorney a job. packers say that this problem has been reported to the town traffic safety commission time an time again and they cant figure out what to do. Now you have tim Meyers, the town all with their heads between their legs not trying to fix the problem so I business can come in. Like I said the burbs have to keep up and have business come into the area not scare them away I am all for business coming into the burbs and not the city. wake up!!

Cheeks, good plan!! Dick Rd. is a road you avoid at all cost. Same with Transit road between French and Walden. The problem is as soon a new business moves in they want a traffic signal. I am with you on the part with business moving into areas like Amherst, West Seneca, etc. I feel they are lacking in this area, I am not a person that goes into the city much. Not to sure about Cheektowaga sounds like are going backwards! If you read the posts sounds like the same old people worry to much on union contracts and work force issues not the state of the town.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

The town, state and or county should hire whoever synced up the signals in Glendale AZ....I drove about 5 miles on a road similar to Dick rd, Union rd/Transit rd and I only hit one light red....truly amazing that they have someone out there smart enough to know how to get signals synced CORRECTLY and we have to deal with the results of those who can't do it properly here in NY!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Cheeks, good plan!! Dick Rd. is a road you avoid at all cost. Same with Transit road between French and Walden. The problem is as soon a new business moves in they want a traffic signal. I am with you on the part with business moving into areas like Amherst, West Seneca, etc. I feel they are lacking in this area, I am not a person that goes into the city much. Not to sure about Cheektowaga sounds like are going backwards! If you read the posts sounds like the same old people worry to much on union contracts and work force issues not the state of the town.
    Right ON... same old people that complain for years about the labor force Res thinks if these guys work for $10.00 and no bennies he will see his tax bill go down by thousands. never happen the taxpayer will never see a reduced tax rate because of this. Its been going on like this for years and years. If you want a job in govenrment for the bennies and pension go take a test and hope for the best.. same old crap cry cry cry..

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    The town, state and or county should hire whoever synced up the signals in Glendale AZ....I drove about 5 miles on a road similar to Dick rd, Union rd/Transit rd and I only hit one light red....truly amazing that they have someone out there smart enough to know how to get signals synced CORRECTLY and we have to deal with the results of those who can't do it properly here in NY!
    eye... the problem is state, town, villages dont want to spend the money they would rather waste it on foolish crap. Or burn gas while you sit in traffic!! look at some of these out dated sigs in depew the village has. you can go on ebay and see the same crap the village has hanging on a wire that collectors want. timmes in depew the new one on transit to this date that light is not timed because the contractors that put it in cut corners and said screw it. Then the state said we didnt put it in. So these politicians like meyers could careless what goes on with traffic near his home on dick road for years and his town owens the lights. Now complains about traffic because timmies wants to move in. These idiot politicians want people to move into wny so that brings in more cars which means more traffic and you have the same old roads and intersections.
    go through cleveland and beach then go up to beach and whirle look at the intersection. county roads same intersections from 40 years ago when i was a kid. but lets bring more business and people into wny but do no up grades.. idiots.

Looks like the board voted against the new Timmie

http://www.cheektowagabee.com/news/2...ortons_lo.html

Our friends Jerry Scaminski and Friends and Family Rogowski screwed us again and were going to allow it to go in.

Once again 15 residents determine the fate of the towns tax base. Traffic in that area is already messed up between 4-6pm. People largely go to Tim's for their morning coffee. I hope those people who spoke out get their properties re-assessed to make up for the money the the town and county would have received in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheektaxbase View Post
    Once again 15 residents determine the fate of the towns tax base. Traffic in that area is already messed up between 4-6pm. People largely go to Tim's for their morning coffee. I hope those people who spoke out get their properties re-assessed to make up for the money the the town and county would have received in taxes.
    It's usually the people in the front of the room at the big long table that determine the fate of our town along with the assessors...the 15 people were not against a tim hortons...they were against the location.

There are plenty of other locations to build yest ANOTHER Tim Horton's that would not hinder traffic on Dick rd. as they lights are currently timed...maybe after the signal light syncing (if it ever happens) and the traffic flow improves because of it, those opposed may change their minds.

Don't worry, good grief see the bigger picture they'll find a new location in town

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So how does this come to be?

I was told this was on our town's facebook page. I didn't know we had a facebook page.

NOTICE OF SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that, pursuant to Section 62 of the Town Law of the State of New York, a Special Meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Cheektowaga will be held at the Cheektowaga Town Hall, Council Chambers, First Floor, 3301 Broadway, Cheektowaga, New York , on

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 6:00 P.M., for the sole purpose of withdrawing the Town Board vote of the Defeat of the Special Use Permit and Variances - 829 Dick Road.

Who on the town board would call for this?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bump. SO why the do over one the special use permit vote?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Bump. SO why the do over one the special use permit vote?
    There must be $$$ or influence involved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information