Thread: Orchard Park board weighs police access to private lots

Orchard Park board weighs police access to private lots

what BS this is so if you own the lot and and dont sign the wavier to let the cops on your lot you wont get a permit. the waiver allowing police access.
    the best yet..“The issue is public safety,” Supervisor Patrick J. Keem said. “Unfortunately in our society in general, there have been some breakdowns in behavior.”

In particular, the threat of terrorism was cited as the main reason that police want access to private lots. that is nothing more BS..

now this is more like it. bills always had problems with the drunks at games and all the u tube vids they post. but still no reason to be on private property wait for the drunken fans on the street once they leave the lots.
    The chief and other members of the board also emphasized that the proposed security measure could help curb lewd behavior. The private lots, Pacholec said, have been the scene of incidents fueled by alcohol, including acts of arson and public sex. He said that some of these have “gone viral” on social media, casting a negative light on the community.

yep..Michael J. Sherry, a board member and former assistant police chief, raised concerns about people losing their Fourth Amendment right to be protected against unreasonable search and seizure.

Sherry said that it would need to be clear when a parking lot permit is issued that people would be waiving such rights.

Under one proposal, if lot owners refused the waiver, they would be denied a permit to run a parking lot.

Sherry remained skeptical.

“I don’t know how I feel about that,” he said. “In a certain sense – and I know this is why this is so complicated – you’re basically telling someone who in the past has earned an income from this that unless they submit to the waiver, they are not getting this permit; they are going to suffer harm.”

go bills ..idiots..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWG5zTPaRg
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

No one has a "right" to a permit like that. If they don't want to comply with the permit law then don't get the permit and kwitcherbichin. Simple as that. It's a brilliant solution to say that the cops should just wait in the street and arrest the offenders there. So if 5 drunken *******s from south Buffalo are pounding the **** out of some guy in a private lot used for parking (something that happens almost weekly at Bills games) the police should just stand in the street and wait for them to enter the street. Sounds like a plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    No one has a "right" to a permit like that. If they don't want to comply with the permit law then don't get the permit and kwitcherbichin. Simple as that. It's a brilliant solution to say that the cops should just wait in the street and arrest the offenders there. So if 5 drunken *******s from south Buffalo are pounding the **** out of some guy in a private lot used for parking (something that happens almost weekly at Bills games) the police should just stand in the street and wait for them to enter the street. Sounds like a plan to me.
    What's next..."YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I don't think someone should need a permit to offer parking on their own property. Any damage caused on your property you are responsible. I also don't see an issue that if there is a call to 911 why wouldn't you let the police handle the issue.

What am I missing here about the police? The property owner can tell the police you can't step on my property while someone is beating someone up?

Terrorism?!? Coming from the town where the police blotter is an on the air joke......my God...

This notion should be shot down immediately. What a shame to see people in government so ignorant of the erosion of rights and potential conflicts with constitutional law..

We are slipping ladies and gents....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't think someone should need a permit to offer parking on their own property. Any damage caused on your property you are responsible. I also don't see an issue that if there is a call to 911 why wouldn't you let the police handle the issue.

What am I missing here about the police? The property owner can tell the police you can't step on my property while someone is beating someone up?
    WNY, I have to confess...I'm not familiar with the zoning code in OP. Typically, in a residentially zoned property one can't open a parking lot without a permit. Maybe that means that fascism is just around the corner or that people want to prevent inappropriate uses in their neighborhoods. Given your commitment to our essential freedoms I'm confident you will be standing shoulder to shoulder in support of the guy who lives next to you when he announces that he is opening a lard rendering plant right next door to your house.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    What's next..."YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!?
    Ah, the slippery slope argument...the last refuge of the ill informed

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Parking on your lawn is not exactly the same as building a parking lot or a lard factory but I see your point.

Thread Information