Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane closures Walden and Central starting on 6/23

Lane closures Walden and Central starting on 6/23

Release Date: June 17, 2016WALDEN AND CENTRAL AVENUES, TOWN AND VILLAGE OF LANCASTER, ERIE COUNTY, LANE CLOSURES BEGINNING ON THURSDAY, JUNE 23

TRAVELER ADVISORY
    The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) today announced that an intersection reconstruction project is scheduled to begin next week at the intersection of Walden Avenue and Central Avenue in the town and village of Lancaster, Erie County. As a result, beginning on Thursday, June 23, motorists should expect to encounter lane closures at this intersection. These lane closures are expected to last for 8 to 10 weeks.
    This work is weather sensitive and could be delayed in the event of inclement weather.
    Motorists reminded that fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone. In accordance with the Work Zone Safety Act of 2005, convictions of two or more speeding violations in a work zone could result in the suspension of an individual’s driver’s license.
    For real-time travel information, call 511 or visit www.511ny.org. Find NYSDOT on the web at www.dot.ny.gov, and on Twitter at @NYSDOTBuffalo.

Georgia L Schlager

Wasn't this intersection redone just a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Wasn't this intersection redone just a few years ago?
    Indeed it was and this intersection continues to be a pain in the butt for many residents. The bank's development situated on the southeast corner was another mistake and should not have been permitted by the Village of Lancaster. Heard some good things at the Lancaster town board meeting last night which may indicate the town is finally flexing its muscle in telling developers that this is our town and that they will abide by the codes and/or site plan conditions. For too long developers have come into our town and have openly stated they can get the necessary permits, rezones and variances to develop the town as they see fit.

The proposed design will include the widening of the Central Avenue northbound approach to create a dedicated left-turn lane; increasing the turning radius for the southwesterly quadrant; replacing the existing concrete “whitetop” with asphalt concrete; replacing existing traffic signal to meet current standards; and, upgrading pedestrian facilities to meet current ADA standards.
    http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/201.../Legal_Notices

Georgia L Schlager

the bank was grandfathered in due to the "reuse" of the existing building. Too bad they went so thin on the concrete job last time. A concrete slab should last forever if done correctly.

the bank was grandfathered in due to the "reuse" of the existing building. Too bad they went so thin on the concrete job last time. A concrete slab should last forever if done correctly.
    I thought when they positioned the bank almost on the sidewalk was the most ridiculous thing they did. With the traffic always increasing and no place to increase the lanes on the southeast corner, existing building or no existing building, it was STUPID.

Georgia L Schlager

"Grandfathered" ='s municipal code for "it's already screwed up so we can screw it up even more so we don't lose any tax dollars."

When they completed the construction at the Walden/Central intersection, the timing of the signal on Central southbound was worse, yes worse than it was previously. After the re-timing of the signal, southbound travel is the best it has been in years.

Georgia L Schlager

I'm still waiting for that little island to get taken out by something

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one that noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    "Grandfathered" ='s municipal code for "it's already screwed up so we can screw it up even more so we don't lose any tax dollars."
    "Grandfathered?" Lee, if you or I decided d something like that they would not use the term "Grandfathered." They would say it was "Senility-driven."

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I thought when they positioned the bank almost on the sidewalk was the most ridiculous thing they did. With the traffic always increasing and no place to increase the lanes on the southeast corner, existing building or no existing building, it was STUPID.
    Gorja,

Simple but IT SAYS IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    I'm sure that will happen more than once

Georgia L Schlager

The nightmare will be someone standing on the island when it gets taken out.

Once again our Town has helped make a bad situation worse.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    The nightmare will be someone standing on the island when it gets taken out.

Once again our Town has helped make a bad situation worse.
    I think it was the state highway not the town but I may be wrong

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information