Thread: Truck Ban

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All I have to say is try running for office it is not as easy as it seems.As a matter of fact I personally believe everyone needs to try running for some kind of office instead of complaining about the state of things. If we really want to change government it needs to start at the local level. The biggest changes can happen at this level. Then from there we can clean up the rest.The problem is getting the money out of government. It blinds the conscience of people in government.
    The government's role is not to guarantee jobs and wages or dole out money to anyone who asks for it.We have let our government do this and now we are facing the consequences of it.Certian people have thought of government as a bottomless pit of money but now I think all of us are finding out this isn't true.Everyone will pay the price because of the actions of a few.
    As I have said before in order to get our government healthy we need to have turnover a lot of it.I do not think our founding fathers intended for some of these guys to make a 20 or 30 year career out of public office.Take a hint from George Washington 8years and out.He served his time and went back home. A lot of other founders like Jefferson did the same. Most died poor and broke so what does this say about today's politicians "It's all about the money."that is what my grandfather always said and I hate to say it but he was 110 percent correct.
    It is a free country you can say what you want but in Ms.Haxton's case she never stood a chance of accomplishing anything because she was not a part of the so called machine.The way the machine goes after people that are not willing to "play ball" is well known. Granted in her case both sides are at fault. At times neither side has acted professionally but in her defense I will say this. From what I have seen at the council meetings I have attended in the past year she was the only one who ever asked any questions about money, expenses or recreational things like playgrounds etc. For that I commend her. On the other hand the hostile responses that she recieved when asking legit questions was unprofessional and unfounded. Our representatives need to ask questions about these things it is their job. This is the main reason I believe the council couldn't stand her. They do not want to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Just go to one of our council meetings and see for yourself what happens when questions are asked.They seem to think they are being attacked.I am sorry they feel that way but if our government was more open and accountable this would not happen.Once again we need people in office that will ask hard questions and not be afraid to take a hit when they do.If you go to any meeting in any town I am sure you will see a lot of puppet shows put on by the machine.If you want to change government go after the money that's where it'll hurt those in power most.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; January 1st, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Thread Information