Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Truck Ban

A flyer supposedly was handed out in the Dorrance Ave. area stating that the new truck route for the city of Lackawanna to Sorrento Cheese is Ridge to Abbott then left on Dorrance then right on South Park. I do not know how true this is but if it is true this route is an accident waiting to happen.As a tractor trailer driver for 18years I think I can say this.
    Please come to meeting at 5pm tommorow Monday December 21st in the council chambers to voice your concerns. I was looking through the Buffalo News today and there is no mention of this public hearing just the regular meeting at 7pm.

What will Lackawanna do once they get rid of the Skyway?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

What about the skyway? It's in Buffalo and it isn't going anywhere. That is all talk.

Sorrento Cheese has become way too big and the factory should move out to where the milk is instead of trucking all the milk to the factory. It sucks waking up to a whey covered car too. I also don't understand the need for every truck blow the horn goodbye at all hours of the night.

Post Facts!

Public Hearing today at 5 p.m. in the Council Chambers on 5 ton trucks in the City of Lackawanna will have "officials" there to discuss citizen concerns according to the city attorney.

My last Lackawanna Council meeting as an elected official is at 6:30 p.m. today. I hope to see you all at both meetings even though it is supper time.

And Christmas time. Your time sacrifice will be appreciated by me. But everything is for God who doesn't forget these little things we do for him or worse that we choose not to do!

Do you want people working or not?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by shipdadip View Post
    Sorrento Cheese has become way too big and the factory should move out to where the milk is instead of trucking all the milk to the factory. It sucks waking up to a whey covered car too. I also don't understand the need for every truck blow the horn goodbye at all hours of the night.
    They blow their horns to warn others before they start backing up. It is a safety rule usually mandated by every facility.You can always buy or rent a new place. Sorentto has been there forever. Same thing goes for the airport people same thing applies. Why would you buy a house by the airport then complain? I do not think our tax dollars should be spent remediating these things. Sorry about changing subject.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 21st, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    They blow their horns to warn others before they start backing up.
    Wrong. They blow the horns leaving the wash station to say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by shipdadip View Post
    Sorrento Cheese has become way too big and the factory should move out to where the milk is instead of trucking all the milk to the factory. .
    Perfect - once a business gets large and successful - tell them they gotta leave.

mulqueen's answer to a problem

Move?

mulqueen's answer to the problem

MOVE? What kind of a response is that!!!!! Many of those people lived there long before Sorrento was sold to a corporation that cares less about it's neighbors. Truck traffic has quadruppled since they expanded the facility. Boy,am I gald you didn't win the election. Is that your advice to all our problems? MOVE.

I live right around it there is no serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    MOVE? What kind of a response is that!!!!! Many of those people lived there long before Sorrento was sold to a corporation that cares less about it's neighbors. Truck traffic has quadruppled since they expanded the facility. Boy,am I gald you didn't win the election. Is that your advice to all our problems? MOVE.
    It is a proper response. It is a very viable option.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

This was about truck routes not Sorrento in itself that might be another thread.If everyone keeps complaining about buisnesses NYS will have nothing left.

it is a problem. it's a quality of life problem. If you ignore the little problems, big problems will soon appear. Example; King Norm and his merry men

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information