Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NFL on new stadium for the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Wrong !! show me where there's another area in country where they have a population over 25,000
    with volunteer unmanned fire departments and don't provide Paramedic level ? name one ?

Show me another City that looks as bad as Buffalo and looks like a 3rd world Country with exception of
    Buffalo's peer cities of Gary IN Detroit,
    Yes, volunteer fire departments are exclusive to Buffalo. NO ONE else does this anywhere in the world.

Where have you ever been?? I've been to every state and every mid sized and major city in this country (Other than in Oregon and N. Dakota). WHo are you to say Buffalo looks bad?? WHat do you want, white beaches and palm trees?? I take offense to that. If you hate it so much, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT?? Why are onm this forum?? Why do you waste your time denigrating a city you obviously don't give a crap about?? I happen to LOVE Buffalo. THat's my home you're talking about and I'm tired of your nonsense. Does it have problems?? EVERY PLACE has problems. Are YOU doing anything to make things better?? WHat's the old saying? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

The only perfect place, you'll never see - unless you're right with God and with YOUR attitude, I'm pretty sure you're not. Maybe you should focus on THAT a little more.

And I'm about fed up with you and the other kinuckleheads on here constantly downing it.

You, Grump, etc. spending all this time pointing out every little flaw you can find.

Friggin' Pathetic
    Last edited by HipKat; July 2nd, 2016 at 06:40 AM.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Lack of Public Safety is more then just a flaw and what's really Pathetic are
    people who clam they love Buffalo and do nothing about it
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 2nd, 2016 at 09:08 AM.

Who's the Idiot ?
    You are.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You are.
    Don't think so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mLnD-GIFq0

Jennifer is a miserable troll and we're all feeding him.
    Leave him be in his own pathetic life and just ignore him.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Jennifer is a miserable troll and we're all feeding him.
    Leave him be in his own pathetic life and just ignore him.
    Keep voting for the same people and keep ignoring the serious problem's for the last 40 years and that's why Buffalo is what it is ? You have a economy that mostly has the people providing the services and the people receiving the services. The cost of the people providing the service's is skyrocketing and where's the money going to come from with no growth or little to no private investment ?
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 2nd, 2016 at 11:54 AM.

Lack of Public Safety is more then just a flaw and what's really Pathetic are
    people who clam they love Buffalo and do nothing about it

I live 700 miles away. What would you like me to do?

70,000 people arriving at the same time requires more access than what's there now.
    70,000 people do not arrive at the same time but I am not sure I agree with the need for more access. It already has much higher access than OP and that gets fans in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    It already has much higher access than OP and that gets fans in and out.
    the outer harbor? not really. it has good access from the south towns along route 5, but people coming from the north towns and city would be clogging up the skyway. I would think for emergency purposes, you need more ways to leave an event that holds that many people on an isolated peninsula like that.

the outer harbor? not really. it has good access from the south towns along route 5, but people coming from the north towns and city would be clogging up the skyway. I would think for emergency purposes, you need more ways to leave an event that holds that many people on an isolated peninsula like that.
    My bad. Had no idea you were talking about the outer harbor. You're 100% right on that.

So here is a before and after of Petco Park in San Diego. Notice the density around the ballpark compared to just a block or two away. That's what development from a stadium look like.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Many stadiums don't have the growth that is shown above. Jon Stossel has done shows that show how many times that economic growth doesn't happen. I'm not saying it never happens but the odds tend to be against it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. That baseball stadium looks somewhat dusty. Not that green field in that photo

Look at the amount of parking they have next to the stadium. Looks relatively close to the highway to make it traffic flow easier. Could the same be said if a football stadium was in buffalo. Ample parking and a direct route to a highway?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Many stadiums don't have the growth that is shown above. Jon Stossel has done shows that show how many times that economic growth doesn't happen. I'm not saying it never happens but the odds tend to be against it.
    Said it before....It depends on how you frame it. The numbers often looked at are only a small window into things.

Take San Diego and Petco Park. The redevelopment of downtown San Diego was going to happen but the scale and speed of that development is what was the question. Without Petco Park you would have had mid-rise development compared to towers.

A mid-rise might have 100 units valued at say $400k per unit on average, whereas, a tower might have 300 units valued at $800k per unit on average. This means that from a density perspective, you have 3x the number of people living on the same block. That improves everything around it. Beyond that, 100 units at $400k is $40M in real estate for property taxes. whereas, 300 units at $800k is $240M in real estate property taxes.

Reports by Jon Stossel never take things like this into consideration.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. That baseball stadium looks somewhat dusty. Not that green field in that photo
    Not sure if serious. They were putting down a new field.

Look at the amount of parking they have next to the stadium. Looks relatively close to the highway to make it traffic flow easier. Could the same be said if a football stadium was in buffalo. Ample parking and a direct route to a highway?
    Those parking lots were always set for development. Just needed the developer to pull the trigger. Here is what's being built. Notice the height based on views of the ballpark?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information