Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL on new stadium for the Bills

Well 300 if the News says it, it must be true so I guess you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Well 300 if the News says it, it must be true so I guess you're right!
    The same Buffalo News that reports almost everything with an agenda slant.

One interesting observation I read was how if you read between the lines on owners comments, it's obvious they don't like Mark Davis (owner of the Raiders) and see him as a kid who inherited his Daddy's team. On the other hand, it's obvious that the owners respect Pegula. Jerry Jones said he was a 'top 5' owner the moment he walked in the door.

That being said, there are two ways to look at the public comments by other owners regarding the Buffalo stadium.

- They could be showing a tremendous amount of disrespect towards Pegula in stirring up sh*t at home about the need for a new stadium.

- They are softening the ground for Pegula about the need for a new stadium.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Retractable-roof stadium proposed for outer harbor

There has been talk for years of building a football stadium downtown for the Buffalo Bills.
    Today a plan will be presented to the Common Council that proposes a 72,000-seat, retractable-roof stadium, which can double as a convention center, as the centerpiece of a $1.4 billion project on outer harbor land owned by the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...1029746%2F1010

Unregistered
    About 1.5 Billion is the going price for a new NFL Stadium. Las Vegas's new NFL Stadium
    will cost about the same as Buffalo's. In Las Vegas they are going to add a tax to hotel rooms to pay for it. In Buffalo. If NYS gives 400 Million, NFL gives 300 Million, Erie County only has to come up with 700 Million

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Erie County only has to come up with 700 Million
    That's a lot of money.

700,000,000 / 900,0000 about $770 a person.

I respect the team and the owners but would rather have $770 in my pocket or off my county property taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    About 1.5 Billion is the going price for a new NFL Stadium. Las Vegas's new NFL Stadium
    will cost about the same as Buffalo's. In Las Vegas they are going to add a tax to hotel rooms to pay for it. In Buffalo. If NYS gives 400 Million, NFL gives 300 Million, Erie County only has to come up with 700 Million
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Retractable-roof stadium proposed for outer harbor

The convention center element is an interesting approach. It's what San Diego is doing to try and keep the Chargers. However, for San Diego the convention space would be in addition to what they already have. For Buffalo, if this was done, it would be a replacement.

One thing is for sure...they would be stupid to put it out on the Outer Harbor. They should try to fold it into the city grid. See below on how the San Diego plan fits the stadium into the city grid.

Outer Harbor is the wrong place for either the stadium or a convention center. It's too cutoff from the city and would require a lot of infrastructure (like bridges) to allow for all the traffic. I'm pretty certain anyone that has influence on the stadium location had ruled out the outer harbor a long time ago.

Unregistered
    Who really don't know what their talking about ? How are they going to sell all of the hundreds and hundreds of corporate luxury suites/boxes ? like Ralph Wilson & Pegula said. Bad location right now ? , Most people will be coming from the north & east with only 1 road (route 5) north and route 5 to the south, They will have to construct some new major roads and/or thruways to the east to tie into the 190. How much will that cost ? how much will it cost to tear down The Ralph? that's just for starters. Business as usual in NYS/Erie County/Buffalo, Will worry about that later ? better yet they can fill the suites with town of Cheektowaga suite and every other town and village can have there own suite too , Erie County suite, Buffalo suite, Control board suite, NFTA Suite, Erie County Water Suite etc.. They can send their employees to NFL games and add it as another perk along with yearly longevity pay, pension spiking etc...
    Last edited by jennifer7; June 30th, 2016 at 06:45 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Outer Harbor is the wrong place for either the stadium or a convention center. It's too cutoff from the city and would require a lot of infrastructure (like bridges) to allow for all the traffic. I'm pretty certain anyone that has influence on the stadium location had ruled out the outer harbor a long time ago.
    How can you say it's cut off when the place seems packed on the weekends?

I was at the water front last weekend and it didn't look like people had issues getting to the water.

70,000 people arriving at the same time requires more access than what's there now.

Who really don't know what their talking about ? How are they going to sell all of the hundreds and hundreds of corporate luxury suites/boxes ? like Ralph Wilson & Pegula said. Bad location right now ? , Most people will be coming from the north & east with only 1 road (route 5) north and route 5 to the south, They will have to construct some new major roads and/or thruways to the east to tie into the 190. How much will that cost ? how much will it cost to tear down The Ralph? that's just for starters. Business as usual in NYS/Erie County/Buffalo, Will worry about that later ? better yet they can fill the suites with town of Cheektowaga suite and every other town and village can have there own suite too , Erie County suite, Buffalo suite, Control board suite, NFTA Suite, Erie County Water Suite etc.. They can send their employees to NFL games and add it as another perk along with yearly longevity pay, pension spiking etc...
    Ya. You don't know what you're talking about.

Unregistered
    I forgot, can you imagine the lawsuits, with it being on the waterfront and so close to Tift natural preserve
    If they can't build a new Peace Bridge & new apartment's at freezer queen because of bird migration. there sure not going to be able to build it there. If St. Louis couldn't afford to build a new stadium and they are a lot bigger market and a have much better economy then Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How can you say it's cut off when the place seems packed on the weekends?

I was at the water front last weekend and it didn't look like people had issues getting to the water.
    300 is talking about the Outer Harbor. Not the Inner Harbor.

I am not even sure the Outer Harbor has a public parking lot big enough to hold an Irish family reunion.

I forgot, can you imagine the lawsuits, with it being on the waterfront and so close to Tift natural preserve
    If they can't build a new Peace Bridge & new apartment's at freezer queen because of bird migration. there sure not going to be able to build it there. If St. Louis couldn't afford to build a new stadium and they are a lot bigger market and a have much better economy then Buffalo.
    You don't know what you're talking about.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information