Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A crystal ball and solarcity

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If the US government wanted to make solar powered homes and electric cars kings they could. But they would do so at the expense of gas, coal and electric utility providers, auto makers and oil companies. Guess how much those industries combined spend on lobbying efforts?
    If one day I finally put up a website to sell the powercube I would probably disappear the following week never to be heard from again.

Didn't that happen to the guy that said he had an engine that ran on water?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Humless Reliable Power Systems - Own Your Power

That requires some form of charging.

Now picture that little box at the end of the video at 6" X 6" X 6" that doesn't require charging. Just a small fuel rod/pill.

Leftie, of course it helped the auto industry...it helped the manufacturers of road construction equipment, it helped the thousands of people that were employed... If the federal government created a high speed rail system and let Amtrak run it the airlines would be weeping for joy. Amtrak couldn't run a two car parade. So I guess what you're saying is that when the federal government makes infrastructure decisions there are winners and losers. There's news! The difference between things like the highway system, public health infrastructure, the public schools..at least the was some discernible benefit to many Americans (well, at least until teachers unions took over the schools.) With the solar power handouts there are particular winners eg Musk and that crowd from Solyndra to whom BO gave a billion $$$ that just disappeared. There's no general societal benefit. And please don't regale me with stories about the revolution in solar power...I stopped reading Tom Swift long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, of course it helped the auto industry...it helped the manufacturers of road construction equipment, it helped the thousands of people that were employed...
    So we agree that the money going to Tesla/SolarCity is no different than the money that went to US Auto...and in turn helped HUNDREDS of thousands of people be employed and created a massive economy. Good. Now maybe you can tone down your bitching here.

There's no general societal benefit. And please don't regale me with stories about the revolution in solar power...I stopped reading Tom Swift long ago.

If you are unable to see how less reliance on China and the Middle East as a massive general societal benefit... This goes beyond the environment.....which you know has to last a bit longer than when you and I are walking around.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So we agree that the money going to Tesla/SolarCity is no different than the money that went to US Auto...and in turn helped HUNDREDS of thousands of people be employed and created a massive economy. Good. Now maybe you can tone down your bitching here.

Were auto companies taking tax payer money and going belly up as we see solar based companies doing during the past 10 years or so?

I know 100 years ago there were far more auto manufacturers than we have now. "Government" far as I know wasn't subsidizing those companies operational cost. Did "government" give Henry Ford the equivalent of $500,000,000 plus to build his ford factory?

Maybe they invested in roads but that would be equivalent to "Government" investing in power lines instead of physically paying to build a manufacturing plant.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Were auto companies taking taxpayer money and going belly up as we see solar based companies doing during the past 10 years or so?
    Government assistance and intervention comes in many sizes, shapes and forms.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Some sizes, shapes and forms are all completely different.

"Government" building a road to a solar factory so that is can ship it's product is one thing. "Government" stealing money from tax payers to build the solar panel plant is another. That is how I view what Cuomo did in this situation. Legalize theft.

The Clintons and Cuomo feel the same about useing tax dollars to fund "Private Deals"
    This company also failed - but owners made tons of cash !

Clinton charity aided Clinton friends:

Clinton charity aided Clinton friends
    Published May 12, 2016 The Wall Street Journal

- Clinton charity helped company run by friends
    The Clinton Global Initiative, which arranges donations to help solve the world’s problems, set up a financial commitment that benefited a for-profit company part-owned by people with ties to the Clintons, including a current and a former Democratic official and a close friend of former President Bill Clinton.

The $2 million commitment was placed on the agenda for a September 2010 conference of the Clinton Global Initiative at Mr. Clinton’s urging, according to a document from the period and people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Clinton also personally endorsed the company, Energy Pioneer Solutions Inc., to then-Energy Secretary Steven Chu for a federal grant that year, said people with knowledge of the endorsement.

The company, whose business plan was to insulate people’s homes and let them pay via their utility bills, received an $812,000 Energy Department grant. Mr. Chu, now a professor at Stanford University, said he didn’t remember the conversation.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ntcmp=trending
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

If you are unable to see how less reliance on China and the Middle East as a massive general societal benefit... This goes beyond the environment.....which you know has to last a bit longer than when you and I are walking around.
    Come on now, Leftie. You must be smart enough to see the difference between an interstate highway system that is available for use by any member of the public who has a vehicle compatible with it and building a $700 million plant for one company. The highway system may have favored autos, trucks, buses etc. but I'm not required to buy a Chevy to use it. It's the difference between building public infrastructure and paying off a political contributor. Surely you can see the difference between the two...or maybe not. As for the environment, global warming and global cooling have existed since before mankind walked the earth and it will continue after we!ve faded away. And anyone who believes that giving boatloads of money to the likes of Elon Musk is going to change that is a fool. As for China..,what...they'll cut off our supply of solar panels? Oh nooo.

Come on now, Leftie. You must be smart enough to see the difference between an interstate highway system that is available for use by any member of the public who has a vehicle compatible with it and building a $700 million plant for one company. The highway system may have favored autos, trucks, buses etc. but I'm not required to buy a Chevy to use it. It's the difference between building public infrastructure and paying off a political contributor. Surely you can see the difference between the two...or maybe not. As for the environment, global warming and global cooling have existed since before mankind walked the earth and it will continue after we!ve faded away. And anyone who believes that giving boatloads of money to the likes of Elon Musk is going to change that is a fool. As for China..,what...they'll cut off our supply of solar panels? Oh nooo.

Of course I see the difference.

All i am saying is handouts happen, like it or not, and this time around it's for Buffalo. Let's be honest...it's NYC money for the most part anyways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information