Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Canalside, the family attraction.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    HipKat,

That article is a feel good article but in the end how many people actually come back? Currently it is not enough to offset the people who leave. If we didn't have groups who receiving funding to import refugees into Erie County would have a loss of population.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Why is there very little to NO private investment in WNY ?
    taxes and other gov't regulation not climate

Lake Mead's level has dropped to the lowest it's been since it was initially filled
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    taxes and other gov't regulation not climate

Lake Mead's level has dropped to the lowest it's been since it was initially filled
    She is ignoring the major problems that Arizona has RIGHT NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    She is ignoring the major problems that Arizona has RIGHT NOW!!
    He/She is not bright and the epitome of a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    He/She is not bright and the epitome of a troll.
    I know. I'm just bored and playing along....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I know. I'm just bored and playing along....
    Ya. I'm guilty on that as well.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who's the majority of the people who live in the Mc Mansion's in Clarence, Lancaster, East Amherst & Orchard Park. They work for the Town, County, State, City, including school district's, Their whole families work for the same time Town or school district for generations and they are not worried or trying to save the tax payers any money because they think, it's mind, mind and you owe it to me, too bad you got to keep raising taxes, it's mind, mind and when I retire, my kids will take my place

I am a little confused of the negativity that comes from Jennifer but she does sort of have point here.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I am a little confused of the negativity that comes from Jennifer but she does sort of have point here.
    res I like her I think she is spot!!
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    $600,000 of taxpayer's money for a Carousel at Canal side.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/b...amily-20160731

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    She does not have a point.

In just asking the question how she did it shows she is both a troll and uninformed.

The people who live in the 'McMansions' by and large are not public sector workers by and large. For the most part public sector workers don't get paid super high salaries. They have things like pensions and health care unlike the private sector but you can't buy a home with your pension payment.

Where WNY went down a wrong turn was the 70s, 80s and even early 90s in still being a blue collar 'union town' where people vote the entire ticket. The problem was all of the private sector union employees were laid off yet kept on voting in the same union pandering politicians who turned around and gave to public unions. This made the region unbalanced and took almost 20 years to start the process of correction.

Most people like lot's of sun, dry hot weather and hate cold, overcast rain, snow.
    that's why Metro Phoenix has the #1 population growth in the US. Also AZ's Welfare is very poor,
    the pay is equal to min.wage and you only get it up to 1 year, that's why so more immigrants & welfare people head north to NYS
    Point 1: Dermatologists and oncologists just love sun worshipers; it's how they pay for their new Mercedes and BMWs.

Point 2: How come you know so much about welfare in New York and Arizona? I've lived in New York most of my adult life but I have no idea how much people get.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    She does not have a point.

In just asking the question how she did it shows she is both a troll and uninformed.

The people who live in the 'McMansions' by and large are not public sector workers by and large. For the most part public sector workers don't get paid super high salaries. They have things like pensions and health care unlike the private sector but you can't buy a home with your pension payment.

Where WNY went down a wrong turn was the 70s, 80s and even early 90s in still being a blue collar 'union town' where people vote the entire ticket. The problem was all of the private sector union employees were laid off yet kept on voting in the same union pandering politicians who turned around and gave to public unions. This made the region unbalanced and took almost 20 years to start the process of correction.
    Where WNY "went down a wrong turn" was that it was a blue collar, heavy industry town that tried to stay one when automation was eliminating millions of blue collar jobs all through the Rust Belt. Yeah, some jobs went South and some jobs went overseas, but the fact is that most workers were replaced by machines. Factories were closed to consolidate production in fewer sites because 1 or 2 workers using new technology could produce the same amount of product as 10 workers using old technology. Workers, residents, businessmen, and politicians were all in denial, and this wasn't unique to WNY or even just to manufacturing. Employment in mining and agriculture were also affected by automation.

In fact, there are still lots of people in denial about this, which is partly what has fueled Trump's political rise. It's much easier to blame "illegals" and "the establishment" for thirty years of wage stagnation than to face the realization that semi-literate high school grads without specialized technical skills have a dim future limited to minimum wage/no benefit jobs in the service industries.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Where WNY "went down a wrong turn" was that it was a blue collar, heavy industry town that tried to stay one when automation was eliminating millions of blue collar jobs all through the Rust Belt. Yeah, some jobs went South and some jobs went overseas, but the fact is that most workers were replaced by machines. Factories were closed to consolidate production in fewer sites because 1 or 2 workers using new technology could produce the same amount of product as 10 workers using old technology.
    It's not just about technology. It's the resistance to cutting labor. Labor unions would rather fight to the end, and see the end, of keeping those 10 jobs rather than allowing for labor to be cut to 2 + machines.

In fact, there are still lots of people in denial about this, which is partly what has fueled Trump's political rise. It's much easier to blame "illegals" and "the establishment" for thirty years of wage stagnation than to face the realization that semi-literate high school grads without specialized technical skills have a dim future limited to minimum wage/no benefit jobs in the service industries.
    Notice you didn't mention labor unions. Telling.

As for semi-literate high school grads...there is another union and cartel that's responsible for that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The establishment is at fault. The Hillarys, the Cuomos and others who push for more immigration of unskilled workers including pushing for no borders.

You have many unskilled people who used to do the jobs that have gone to the wayside. WHY would the "establishment" continue to import more and more unskilled people into the USA? It is hard enough looking for jobs for those with high school education as it is but then to add even more to that pool is not in our best interest.

Many in government who promote this made sure their pockets will stay lined until they are in the casket while many others have to compete in the environment they created.

We have Cuomo subsidizing immigration costs and Hillary looking to import 500% more refugees all who will compete with the people already here.

semi-literate high school grads without specialized technical skills
    Refugees except many are not semi-literate. They don't speak/read any English at all. Correct?

So, how many incidents have there been at Canalside in the last three years despite the tens of thousands of people who have gathered there or attended events in/around there during that time?
    Let's not allow facts to get in the way of emotional rhetoric, m'kay?

I mean, I'm down there during lunch daily, and haven't seen a single incidence. Often go down there on the weekends as well. Nothing except fun things to do.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information