Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's make a deal!!

Let's make a deal!!

First of all anyone who knows me and politics knows I do not make deals but since you insist I must have I will list people that you listed and some you haven't with the so called "DEALS".

Catherine Panczykowski: Campaign manager: deal made my words "I will try my best to defeat Binky!" This is the only deal I made with her and I failed at that I would say.As far as offering her a "JOB" Cathy had made it perfectly clear from the first day I met her she did not want to work again at city hall and did not want any payment of any kind "just try to beat Binky" is what she said. The only thing I ever gave Cathy was a dinner at Olive Garden along with her daughter and my wife and daughter. By the way this dinner was paid with my own money not campaign funds unlike some people in this city do. Have credit card reciept if you need it.

Mike Byrnarski: long time aquaintance from grade school :agreed to help me only after Larry Murphy was defeated by Mr. Kulcyck. deal made: No deals whatsoever made with Mike since we were friends since grade school.

Patty Byrnarski: wife of Mike : liked what I was saying and what I stand for. " a new change for Lackawanna" her own words. deal made: only to beat the machine and Mr. Kulcyck. Patty I am sorry I didn't live up to the end of that deal.

Tony Mingarelli: long time political leader: only approached through Mike Byrnarski after my "TOKEN" Republican Chairman Bob Sikorsky did not return calls regarding fundraiser and several questions about the election process.After the election I found out that the "REAL DEFACTO" Chairman of the Lackawanna Republican Party Fran Warthling told the "TOKEN" Chairman Bob Sikorsky not to help me."I told BOB just give him the endorsement than do not help him." them are Fran's words to a friend of mine. deal made: believe it or not I was leary of asking Tony for his help because I did not want to make any deals. Tony said "just try to beat these guys" once again that same deal was made. That being said the only help Tony gave was at my fundraiser,Dear Friend cards,introducing me to Ernie Leonetti,campaign literature handouts and sign locations which brings us to the next person.

Larry Murphy: Third Ward Democratic candidate: I have known Larry in high school and saw him at Republican endorsement meeting.That was the last time I have seen or spoke to him that was back in May. Tony Mingarelli told me to put up a sign at his address so I did. No deals made never even talked deals as a matter of fact never said more than 10 words in May either.

Omar Saleh: school board member: I met Omar through Mike and Patty Byrnarski.deal made: Omar couldn't believe I was running for free and donating my salary for playgrounds for the kids. Thought that was "amazing" his own words. Never made any deals with Omar except to get out the word to his community and try to beat Mr.Kulcyck. Once again I must apologize "I am sorry, Mr.Saleh for not winning the election and letting down our kids."

Ernie Leonetti: school board member: I met through Tony Mingarelli: deal made: He was to handout flyers at senior complex on Orchard. Not sure if it was ever done.I made no deals with this guy whatsoever. From what I saw last night at School Board meeting he is currently in cahoots with Mr. Warthling and his camp.

Andrea Haxton: 1st ward council person: The first time I met Andrea was at council meeting back in April. She was the only council person to come up after the meeting and actually talk to me. Since then I have talked to her after meetings just like I talked to Mr. Miranda, Mr. Iafallo,Mr. Petricca etc. only about buisness. Deals made: once again try to defeat Mr. Kulcyck.

Residents of Orchard Street: deals made: I will try my best to improve that rundown playground and put in a street hockey court like there is at Cleveland playground. This by far was the only deal I made it was a promise that with my salary donation that I would make this happen.This by far is my biggest disappointment as a candidate that I failed to help out our kids. To the residents of Orchard that I talked to i am sorry that I couldn't deliver this promise and I am very very disappointed that the voters of this city could not help make this a reality.

Open, Honest and Accountable

I hope all of you realize that I did not have to run for office or even have to explain myself to you all. All I ever wanted was for our kids to have a safe clean place to play and bring openess,honesty and accountability to our city.I for one do not care about a "JOB" I have one so does my wife and family members. All I wanted to do was make our city a better place to live. Apparently some of you think I have some kind of ulterior motive. The only motive I have is to make our government accountable and efficient. I challenge any of you elected officals in this city to make yourselves accountable just like I have done now.The more open you are the less chance you have of being"AMBUSHED". Don't forget them are your words not mine.
    I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and tried to change this city for the better. For those who didn't vote for me I hope that at next election time that you sit back take look and see what our current elected officials have not done and vote accordingly.If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

PS By the way the only thing I promised to anybody during this past election was to my daughter. I promised her a new playground. I regret that I let her down.

You see Dennis....you already "defeated" them! They could not and will not ever have the honesty and integrity that you do!!! You should be proud! I know I am proud to call you my friend!!

Thanks Cathy!!! By the way I forgot to mention some other things.

Thank you Alice Gordon, Jimmy Gordon, Jim Verel, Dan Simic, Dick Moytka and A.J. Wright for your help doing Dear Friend cards, handouts,putting up signs and petitions for me. You guys have showed me that even though a lot is wrong with our city we still have some great people behind the scenes willing to help and do what's right. No matter what the future holds I am glad I met all of you!!!! Alice you rock!!!!!

Thumbs up Playground Politics Project

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    I did not have to run for office or even have to explain ...to you all.

P.S. By the way the only thing I promised to anybody during this past election was to my daughter. I promised her a new playground. I regret that I let her down.
    Hi Dennis! You're right-you don't have to explain or to report to anybody. You'll be better off to save your credibilitily and stop at this point. Don't get further with this discussion.

Good for you for taking a chance in running for a local office. It was a good show!! Lots of energy!!

You did an outstanding community outreach and met many people. You've also learned many lessons and you next campaign will be much stronger. Great effort!!

It's possible for your daughter to get a new playground. Contact me to arrange a meeting and discuss the future development regarding a new "Playground Project." If you want, you can call it "The Playground Politics" project.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Hi Dennis! You're right-you don't have to explain or to report to anybody. You'll be better off to save your credibilitily and stop at this point. Don't get further with this discussion.

Good for you for taking a chance in running for a local office. It was a good show!! Lots of energy!!

You did an outstanding community outreach and met many people. You've also learned many lessons and you next campaign will be much stronger. Great effort!!

It's possible for your daughter to get a new playground. Contact me to arrange a meeting and discuss the future development regarding a new "Playground Project." If you want, you can call it "The Playground Politics" project.
    Will do!! I have a project in mind myself kind of like take back our city. Have Americorps and others willing to kick butt. The person in charge of playgrounds Mr. Love on election day told me he was going to have a problem with my playground plans and told me to take my daughter to a playground in Hamburg or Blasdell or West Seneca because he wasn't doing a thing. Nice thing to say wasn't it. The more people we get to help us the more we can prove them wrong!!!!

By the way guys anymore ideas or questions I am willing to give out the answers!!! Not afraid of anything especially questions. I love giving answers if I can.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 17th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.

I am sorry that you felt it was necessary to defend yourself. I stopped reading you post after the first two names because you have every right to like who you like!!!!!!

It is really no ones business what your relationship to anyone is......

The word out there about you is ONLY GOOD! Your career is not over. You have much to offer our community so, be patient - YOUR DAY WILL COME!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you. Apparently in this city if you talk to someone you are with them and right away you must have some kind of hidden agenda.The only agenda I have is to do the right thing whatever it may be. I am not bought and paid for will never be and will always speak my mind no matter what it is. I do not take "sides" and will do whatever is necessary to accomplish whatever it is I set out to do.That being said I am glad some people see through this crap and actually get it.I felt it was necessary to live up to my open government and accountabilty platform by answering these questions.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 17th, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Thumbs up

Kudos to you Mr. Mulqueen for standing up for yourself and trying to better Lackawanna and the children of Lackawanna. Don't give up keep fighting for what you believe in. You should be proud of yourself and I'm sure your family is very proud of you. On election day you didn't lose, the city and the taxpayers lost.

Let's make a deal!

A true gentleman! An honorable man...

Mr Mulqueen you are what city needs honest hard working taxpayer. And I did not mean any disrespect to you or your family. What I was tryng to point out is this city is has so many different political factions that you kind of know who's group is supporting a canidate just by sign locations. And if you were to have won which would of been great you could have bet your bottom dollar that some of the people I mentioned would of been looking for something and anyone out there who knows this city understand where im coming from. Kudo's for you on what you accomplished and like someone said I think you have a good future in politics in this city. I wasn't able to vote for because I don't live in your district. But if you did I would of voted for you.
    Best of luck in your future endevers.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Mr Mulqueen you are what city needs honest hard working taxpayer. And I did not mean any disrespect to you or your family. What I was tryng to point out is this city is has so many different political factions that you kind of know who's group is supporting a canidate just by sign locations. And if you were to have won which would of been great you could have bet your bottom dollar that some of the people I mentioned would of been looking for something and anyone out there who knows this city understand where im coming from. Kudo's for you on what you accomplished and like someone said I think you have a good future in politics in this city. I wasn't able to vote for because I don't live in your district. But if you did I would of voted for you.
    Best of luck in your future endevers.
    what is this now that Mr. Mulqueen has defended himself against your wicked words and you know he is right on every single thing he said you are now a supporter of him sounds like we have a flip flopper
    Last edited by mnb811; December 18th, 2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: fix wording

To you mnb811 I dont need to flip flop Mr Mulqueen did a great job explaining what I thought was a little odd. But its guys like you that are gonna ruin him.
    What if Mr Mulqueen was running for third ward councilman against say Murphy and the Mayor was supporting Mr Mulqueen. Would you still support him.Politics in lackawanna stink so bad that you could have the best canidate running for office and if one person supporting that canidate has a political grudge against another they wont support him even though he is the best qualified person. Which get to my point in earlier post, do you think Tony Mingerelli supported Mr Mulqueen cause he was a good canidate or because he did not like the mayors canidate.And this was after his canidate Larry Murphy lost the primary.Hope this makes a little sense, But this city is totally screwed up how are we ever gonna get anything done if the same players for the last 30,40,50 years keep their claws in these elections.Does anybody feel the same way I feel if so please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    To you mnb811 I dont need to flip flop Mr Mulqueen did a great job explaining what I thought was a little odd. But its guys like you that are gonna ruin him.
    What if Mr Mulqueen was running for third ward councilman against say Murphy and the Mayor was supporting Mr Mulqueen. Would you still support him.Politics in lackawanna stink so bad that you could have the best canidate running for office and if one person supporting that canidate has a political grudge against another they wont support him even though he is the best qualified person. Which get to my point in earlier post, do you think Tony Mingerelli supported Mr Mulqueen cause he was a good canidate or because he did not like the mayors canidate.And this was after his canidate Larry Murphy lost the primary.Hope this makes a little sense, But this city is totally screwed up how are we ever gonna get anything done if the same players for the last 30,40,50 years keep their claws in these elections.Does anybody feel the same way I feel if so please respond.
    By the way I voted for Mr. Mulqueen because in my opinion he was the best candidate and had some great ideas. Its to bad that he wasn't able to implement any of his ideas. Yes I would vote for him if the mayor was supporting him because unlike most voters in this city I vote based on a candidates ideals and as a person as a whole. I've been to many council meetings and the way these guys conduct business is pathetic. That is why i voted for Mr. Mulqueen because the city needs change so I guess the city stays at status quo same ole same ole BS different day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information