Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's make a deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    To you mnb811 I dont need to flip flop Mr Mulqueen did a great job explaining what I thought was a little odd. But its guys like you that are gonna ruin him.
    What if Mr Mulqueen was running for third ward councilman against say Murphy and the Mayor was supporting Mr Mulqueen. Would you still support him.Politics in lackawanna stink so bad that you could have the best canidate running for office and if one person supporting that canidate has a political grudge against another they wont support him even though he is the best qualified person. Which get to my point in earlier post, do you think Tony Mingerelli supported Mr Mulqueen cause he was a good canidate or because he did not like the mayors canidate.And this was after his canidate Larry Murphy lost the primary.Hope this makes a little sense, But this city is totally screwed up how are we ever gonna get anything done if the same players for the last 30,40,50 years keep their claws in these elections.Does anybody feel the same way I feel if so please respond.
    I think he explained his reason of hooking up with Mr. Mingarelli. As a newcomer to politics you should have the support of your party chairman and should be helped out accordingly. The problem with Lackawanna Politics in general is that one guy has it all locked up Fran Warthling.
    Last edited by mnb811; December 19th, 2009 at 07:33 AM.

Let's make a deal!

Just a thought - Dennis would make a wonderful MAYOR...

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Which get to my point in earlier post, do you think Tony Mingerelli supported Mr Mulqueen cause he was a good canidate or because he did not like the mayors canidate.And this was after his canidate Larry Murphy lost the primary.Hope this makes a little sense, But this city is totally screwed up how are we ever gonna get anything done if the same players for the last 30,40,50 years keep their claws in these elections.Does anybody feel the same way I feel if so please respond.
    Tony Mingarelli supported Dennis Mulqueen because he believed he was a good candidate AND because he did not like the mayor's candidate. I also know that if Larry Murphy did not elect to run (primary), Tony would have been behind Dennis from the very beginning. In the beginning, there wasn't anyone to run against kulczyk in the primary as Democrat. Murphy is Democrat; Mulqueen, Republican.

Yes, I agree with you as to the same players and why this city is the way it is. We won't get anything done as long as the same players are involved. What have these same players done for the city during their time? Look around you, they haven't done ONE thing for the city....only themselves. Nepotism runs rampant in this city.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    Smarter than what the city has now!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    Agree with this 100%!!!!!!!!!

However, Dennis may have to change his name to Mulqueenski...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's kind of funny Literal I have always said the same thing.The reason why I put out flyer with Michalewski,Kaminski and Tomaka names on it were to counter the so called ski factor. The thing you need to work on to win in Lackawanna is the democrat factor. I have some great ideas for that one.

Mayoral Run

I am quite surprised that a lot of people are saying I should run for mayor. I feel I didn't win for the 3rd ward so I would not have any expierence to do so. But then again look where the so called expierenced candidates for any office have led us. A lot of people have come up to me after the recent election and have told me to run again and next time run for mayor. I am not sure what I want to do but I plan to stay involved and increase my activities in this city.I truly believe that those in power will try to make sure someone like myself will not get endorsed again. But one thing I learned and learned very well this election is how to beat them at their own game.I agree with one thing and that is that one guy in this city controls everything that person is Fran Warthling.If we want to do anything worthwhile in this city we need to find away to get around him and his "machine".
    Running as a Republican candidate I have seen first hand how much control Mr.Warthling has on the Republican chairman Mr.Sikorsky.He is his boss at the Erie County Water Authority.This is a serious conflict of interest and unethical in my opinion. I had to go "rogue" in order to make sure my plans and ideas weren't sent to my opponent.I would not let my own chairman read my articles or literature beforehand because it would have went right to Mr.Warthling before it got out.If anybody is serious about a mayoral run they need to steer clear of both of these guys and do something different.Futhermore one thing that really reasonated with me is that it is like two prominent gangs.If you are somebody like me,coming in without an affiliation to one gang or another,your put under pressure to join one or the other,just to survive. I will tell you if you remain independent,both gangs will try to destroy you.You must be strong willed and be able to tell people to back off either nicely or if they don't get it rather harshly.
    When I was younger I was a diehard Republican now I consider myself a "centrist". I am middle of the road on a lot of issues and really do not care about "party" politics.All I care about is the job at hand for instance if I won as councilman I would only care about the city not the other stuff like so and so needs a job.If he wants a job he needs to get off his butt and find one himself. I was laid off last December and went out and found a better paying job then the one I had by doing it myself. I didn't count on connections to do it I counted on myself and expierence to go and get it.Another example is if I ran for school board it would be all about the kids.From what I saw at this weeks school board meeting the only so called candidate that asked about the kids was Steve Hetey.He wanted to know what the new curriculum was. The other guy was whining about Mr.Juda and his "JOB" or I should say lack of one. Let be serious here most people that hang with the Warthling camp are all bought and paid for.They have either a "JOB" or want a "JOB" or have some other political agenda. That is one thing you will always get with myself is no agenda other than doing what is right for the people that I would represent.If I didn't do that I couldn't live with myself.I do not know how some of these people can look in the mirror at themselves and be happy with what they are doing. My morals would not allow it.Another thing with me just because I am friends with certian people doesn't always mean we agree on things. For instance my campaign manager Cathy and I did not agree on everything but we found a common ground and worked on it. The people running our city have no common sense and do not care about it's people.These guys tend to make decisions in terms of what will serve "THEM",rather than what will serve the people.No matter how good something might be for the people,if it's not good for them,they do not want it discussed,let alone put on the agenda.That is why "JOBS" are important with them because with jobs comes a huge block of votes. Vote for that guy he got cousin Bill a job. Get it?
    In closing I truly believe a candidate can win by getting out the people to vote that is where I failed.The political machine has it's what I called "JOBS" votes my opponent probably recieved 250 votes or more that way.If you counter it by getting more people involved in the process you will destroy the machine and render it useless.That's the way I see it. Hopefully I do not stand alone on this issue.A lot of people are sick and tired of the same stuff always taking place. They said they do not vote anymore because of this. I heard this time and time again walking door to door.These are the people who you need to get involved again.Feel free to ask my questions I am all ears what ever good ones I have left lol.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; December 19th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Thumbs down Hate mail alert!!!

To the person who sent me the nice hate mail letter.You made my day!!! It's nice to know what you think of me.The kids handwriting on the envelope and the nicely typewritten letter without a signature or name of course spoke volumes about your character. I had a great laugh along with my family and "circle of friends".

Let's make a deal

Dennis, I applaud you for standing up to the Lackawanna gangs. I know how brutal these people can be. How unfair. How nasty and mean. You are not standing alone. The "silent majority" are rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I think he explained his reason of hooking up with Mr. Mingarelli. As a newcomer to politics you should have the support of your party chairman and should be helped out accordingly. The problem with Lackawanna Politics in general is that one guy has it all locked up Fran Warthling.
    Is'nt he the TOOL that ran Curly's into the ground until his sister took it over?
    She's a great person and business operator along with her husband. I guess this just proves the old saying "You can pick your friends but not your relatives". At least she didn't need political help to be what she is! Just hard work and sincerity! Her brother could learn from her. Sadly I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Agree with this 100%!!!!!!!!!

However, Dennis may have to change his name to Mulqueenski...lol
    Or just let everyone know that he is 1/2 Polish!

Post Public Forum

All sides should be willing to meet to discuss moving our City/Schools out of the dark ages as adults and professional PEOPLE RIGHT?

So let's all meet---say. well you guys pick the time and place.
    We will race for "pinks" right? (From Grease, meant to be funny).

Seriously, why don't we all try to work together INSTEAD of trying to beat down and discredit an adversary? The example we show OUR kids at times is down right silly. Talking about my Nikki, she thinks I am nuts wasting my time on here trying to convince people who don't care enough about the school kids to be convinced.
    Out of the mouth of babes----many of the kids know what is going on and can not wait to get the h--- out of Lackawanna!
    Shame. Then nepotism kicks in to breed incompetence.
    How many crashes are covered up in the DPW by the kids of the....Please.

Really---before election day --I would love to hear all Candidates vision, goals, and plans for their term, if elected.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    All sides should be willing to meet to discuss moving our City/Schools out of the dark ages as adults and professional PEOPLE RIGHT?

So let's all meet---say. well you guys pick the time and place.
    We will race for "pinks" right? (From Grease, meant to be funny).

Seriously, why don't we all try to work together INSTEAD of trying to beat down and discredit an adversary? The example we show OUR kids at times is down right silly. Talking about my Nikki, she thinks I am nuts wasting my time on here trying to convince people who don't care enough about the school kids to be convinced.
    Out of the mouth of babes----many of the kids know what is going on and can not wait to get the h--- out of Lackawanna!
    Shame. Then nepotism kicks in to breed incompetence.
    How many crashes are covered up in the DPW by the kids of the....Please.

Really---before election day --I would love to hear all Candidates vision, goals, and plans for their term, if elected.
    Isn't that what the forum was about? Afraid of an ambush.They do not want to answer any questions period.

Post Why?

Evans sent a bio of all candidates vying for a spot on their board in the School newsletter to EVERY household in Evans---including pie charts of the projected budget, etc. They go out of their way to make sure all households know what the candidates for Lake Shore Central School Trustee is all about.

What's Up.....Lackawanna. "Don't ask-Don't tell" is Lackawanna's platform.

Set-Up, Ambush? For what purpose. All of this baloney of trying to name call and discredit a good thing for the people, the haters cry wawawa, all the way home! Just like when someone owes you money---every time they see you they dodge you or raise their voice and get in a back and forth with you when you ask them for YOUR money.

Cry Babies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information