Thread: January 19 agenda

January 19 agenda

They're appointing Bryan Asposto as a police officer. A police Lieutenant has retired.

Also looks like they're initiating a lease agreement with EC sewer for the property dog control is currently using.

They are creating a new PT cleaner position
    They are creating an additional Code enforcement officer position

Also, Jeff Simme is retiring and being replaced by Matthew Fischione

Is Fischione keeping his employment as Code enforcement officer in the Village of Depew?
    Why the additional CEO?

Georgia L Schlager

What salary will Bryan receive? The PT cleaner, is it to help Tom Irish? Shared services with Depew? I'm cool with that.

Oh sorry, an extra position for the CEO, very good question!

[QUOTE=gorja;1610387]They're appointing Bryan Asposto as a police officer. A police Lieutenant has retired.

Also looks like they're initiating a lease agreement with EC sewer for the property dog control is currently using.

The board voted to appoint Jeff Simme on January 1st, 2016 knowing full well he planned to retire. Now that he was appointed, I believe he will be able to collect all of his 2016 sick time, vacation etc. I am not sure about the stipends.
    I have to wonder if new board members Dawn and Matt knew of above situation regarding payout windfall. If not, I hope they do their homework if the future.
    Why wasn't the position left open until this weeks meeting? Leaving the position open is no different than being short handed when Jeff took sick time and/or vacation time.
    I am also very disappointed that they did not give the position to Scott Pease.

[QUOTE=DebLemaster;1610613]
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    They're appointing Bryan Asposto as a police officer. A police Lieutenant has retired.

The board voted to appoint Jeff Simme on January 1st, 2016 knowing full well he planned to retire. Now that he was appointed, I believe he will be able to collect all of his 2016 sick time, vacation etc. I am not sure about the stipends.
    I have to wonder if new board members Dawn and Matt knew of above situation regarding payout windfall. If not, I hope they do their homework if the future.
    Why wasn't the position left open until this weeks meeting? Leaving the position open is no different than being short handed when Jeff took sick time and/or vacation time.
    I am also very disappointed that they did not give the position to Scott Pease.
    Good point here Deb. I wonder if Scott did not want the position...or perhaps shared services with Depew was a preferred option, and out of left field, they insert an "add on" (as we should start referring to past practices)-added costs to the taxpayers?

The new council members might need a briefing because this will not bode well when they need endorsements. This might be considered a liberal move

Everyone gets their "Loyalty Cookies"

So are we talking another "double dip" - or did he retire as of January 2016 - ?

-------------------------

As was stated before - the two new Town Board Lan Dems will vote as their endorsers vote. The election is over - they don't have to pretend to be independent any more.
    Last edited by 4248; January 16th, 2016 at 01:54 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Georgia L Schlager

I wish Simmi well, I know that his cancer came back is not doing well. Our prayers go out to he and his family.

As for the cleanup crew, Tom Irish was hired to do the work, it was speculated that he would do a lousy job therefore needing extra help is not surprising. I am not fond of this added staff to the payroll. Added costs, means eventually these part time positions go full time with benefits. I wonder how the two new councilmembers will vote on these adjustment/add on. It will be interesting to see which way they go. It was told they are independent thinkers, lets see how they vote on their first pre-filed resolutions.

Is there a hockey game on tonight at home? Ruffino is an usher, if there is one he won't be present.

Originally posted by gorja:
    January 19 agenda
    LPD's Facebook post-

Please join us in welcoming Lancaster Police Department's newest police officer, Bryan Asposto. Officer Asposto graduated from the Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy's 127th Basic Class today.
    Officer Asposto achieved the following awards at the Academy:
    - Highest Academic Award
    - Highest Proficiency Award
    - Highest Overall Academy Score
    He will now begin an extensive Field Training Program with veteran police officers, prior to working on his own.
    Won't he be taking a cut in pay? As a Village of Lancaster employee, he made $64,060 last year.
    Last edited by gorja; June 3rd, 2016 at 05:43 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    LPD's Facebook post-

Won't he be taking a cut in pay? As a Village of Lancaster employee, he made $64,060 last year.
    OT, better pension, probably better quality of life in scheduling.

Thread Information