Thread: Evangelist Oral Roberts dead at 91

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Evangelist Oral Roberts dead at 91

Evangelist Oral Roberts dead at 91

Evangelist Oral Roberts, founder of the Oral Roberts Evangelistic Association and Oral Roberts University, died Tuesday from complications of pneumonia in Newport Beach, California, his spokeswoman said. He was 91. Roberts' son, Richard, and daughter Roberta were at his side, spokeswoman Melany Ethridge said in a statement.
    Roberts had been hospitalized Monday following a fall on Saturday, in which he suffered broken bones, Ethridge said earlier, adding that he was being treated for pneumonia.
    Read the full story at CNN

A number of years ago, my wife's aunt recieved a letter from the late brother Oral. In it, he told her that while he was praying the night before in his prayer tower, God came to him and gave him a special message for her.
    And all she had to do to get it was to send him a check for $50.00!
    This quickly descended into "I have a collect call for Mary W. from God; do you accept the charges?"
    That man was a liar, a charlatan and a fraud. I won't say it's better that he's no longer stealing my air, but I won't shed any tears for him either.

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

you own the air?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I can't think of anything good to say about the man so I just won't say anything at all.
    Meow, baby

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    I can't think of anything good to say about the man so I just won't say anything at all.
    But you just did. I agree too - I would rather have oral surgery than Oral Roberts. He was one of these:

Enchanters And Charmers
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Ez money

Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    A number of years ago, my wife's aunt recieved a letter from the late brother Oral. In it, he told her that while he was praying the night before in his prayer tower, God came to him and gave him a special message for her.
    And all she had to do to get it was to send him a check for $50.00!
    This quickly descended into "I have a collect call for Mary W. from God; do you accept the charges?"
    That man was a liar, a charlatan and a fraud. I won't say it's better that he's no longer stealing my air, but I won't shed any tears for him either.

NOW I KNOW HOW ...W.C. FIELDS , coined his phrase..."there's a sucker born every minute"!!

The Lord I worship is wealthier than any man who needs to beg for money.

Thread Information