Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills select Shaq Lawson with the 19th pick - Who do they take in the 2nd

Bills select Shaq Lawson with the 19th pick - Who do they take in the 2nd

Solid pick at 19 in my opinion. He is not going to be the next Bruce Smith but I think he is going to be great agains the run. Solid player last year for Clemson but did not play all 4 years so there is some concern there. I don't think his shoulder is going to be an issue.

As for the 2nd, I hope the Bills go with a LB. I also hope they try and move up. Only 2 went in the first round and both Miles Jack and Reggie Ragland are still options. Many had the Bills taking Ragland at 19 and many had Jack going in the top 10. Jack has some injury concerns but I think moving up to the top of the 2nd is a much safer place than anywhere in the first.

Buffalo also needs an OT but there was a run on those in the 1st. Lots of DTs left on the board as well. I think what helped Buffalo is 7 DBs being taken in the first and many are considered reaches. This left a lot of front 7 Defensive talent on the board.

Hope he's not the next Aaron Maybin! Thought we needed a pass rusher to replace Mario Williams, not someone whose skill is "setting the edge".

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Hope he's not the next Aaron Maybin! Thought we needed a pass rusher to replace Mario Williams, not someone whose skill is "setting the edge".
    Ya. Maybe I don't have Lawson projected or maybe they were taking the best available? I think OLB is also a need and maybe they are going to look for a pass rush from that position?

Lawson is a pass rusher - 20 sacks in 43 games is pretty decent
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    As for the 2nd, I hope the Bills go with a LB. I also hope they try and move up. Only 2 went in the first round and both Miles Jack and Reggie Ragland are still options. Many had the Bills taking Ragland at 19 and many had Jack going in the top 10.
    So I am happy.

Leftie, it seems like Ragland fell a bit. Any reason?

He was the first ILB taken...so it could just be a need thing. Also, I think all LBs fell. Jack and Smith fell out of the 1st due to injury.

Hate Alabama but this kid is a thumper.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Lawson is a pass rusher - 20 sacks in 43 games is pretty decent
    I only watched him against ND and Stanley pretty much muted his rush the entire game...so I didn't think much of it. I hope it was just Stanley being that good.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can the Bills go from what we have seen for the last 10 years to a team that can grind through the playoffs in 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Can the Bills go from what we have seen for the last 10 years to a team that can grind through the playoffs in 1 year?
    This is the wrong way but the typical way people in Buffalo look at it I think.

What happened 15 years or 10 years or 5 years ago does not matter at all for 2017. In 2007, the HC was Dick Juron, the GM was Marv Levy and T. Edwards was the QB. It's not even the same franchise as the owners are different.

That said I think they make the playoffs. They play NE in week 4 @ NE and Brady won't play. Also TT is playing for a contract so...

But Leftie, there's a reason they call Wrecks, Wrecks. That's the wild card. And I think Bellicheat without Brady and his soft balls will go all out to beat Wrecks.

Have liked all of the picks except for this RB in the 5th.

Charlie Casserly think Ragland has the potential for Rookie of The Year.

Overall, I think it's a sold draft for the Bills and potentially one of the better drafts in some years. They actually went for guys from big name programs for a change instead of taking a flyer on the underacheivers
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

E.J. Manuel was from a big name program and he's a bust. A lot of players in big name programs look good when they're on a team surrounded by talent and lining up against inferior talent. If Casserly were that astute a talent evaluator maybe he'd still be a gm.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bills capitalize on 2016 draft, deserve 'A' grade

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15435289

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information