Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Employees?

Town Employees?

I usually only peruse the Amherst threads, so please forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question, one which everyone already knows the answer:

Which of the Amherst posters are Town employees?

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I usually only peruse the Amherst threads, so please forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question, one which everyone already knows the answer:

Which of the Amherst posters are Town employees?
    I am NOT a Town Employee.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

I am not a town employee; I am acquainted with a few. I also know a few politicians, residents, neighbors, relatives, and so on. Why does it matter if a poster is a town employee? Is what they have to say worth less? Is any special interest group comments worth less? Face it, we all have opinions, and, yes, these opinions come from our places in life. Many processes affect our ideas. But, I believe there is an inherent sense of right and wrong, fact and fiction, morality, if you will, that should guide us all. So......????

Bucki

Isn't that what Bucki wanted to know? It wont be much longer and I will be attending the TB meetings again and I'll be damned if I'm going to say whether or not I'm a town employee or if I have any relationship with Town government.
    dono

I don't blame The Rising for asking that question. A lot of the posters on the Amherst threads claim to have "inside" knowledge not available to the general public -- and are pretty hostile when asked to share their knowledge or provide a source that could do so.

So, I've always figured if those posters aren't town employees they are mighty close to someone who is.....

Or, said posters who claim to have "inside" knowledge are just making it up...????

Who are we??

......could we be vendors, contractors, attorneys? Could we be potitical activists? Could we be politicians? Who cares? We have obviously strong opinions & oftentimes FACTS! On a blog like this, we don't have to reveal our sources. But if you follow what we are saying, over & over, you will discover the truth. By the way, I am not a town employee, current or former, just for the record.

The reason I asked the question is simple - A reasonable person's view of Mohan may be skewed if they are a Town employee. In other words "cost cutting", in general, may be looked at as a good thing from most people, but, as a "bad thing" to someone who feels that their job is threatened.

OK, so far, there are no town employees on this MB.

And, I'm not looking for hearsay, ie "I think so and so must be an employee", I'm looking for people who are upfront and honest about it.

Town employee here. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I actually voted for the idiot. But I would have voted for Mickey Mouse if he were running against Grelick. I didn't buy into all of his campaign promises, but I truly thought that even if he turned out to be mediocre, maybe some good would come out of it. I know some people would still argue that some good will come out this, but if you believe that you need to do a serious amount soul searching.

I'm not afraid of losing my job. I'm not afraid of having my cell phone taken away since I pay for my own. I don't have a take home car. I get next to no overtime at all. There isn't much he could do to me to be honest. But he has turned this town into an entertaining spectacle for those living in other towns around here. He is destroying what little is still worth anything.

But I only have a few years left in my sentence here. Then retirement and getting the hell out of this state. Maybe even the country if charlatans like Bush keep getting elected.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    The reason I asked the question is simple - A reasonable person's view of Mohan may be skewed if they are a Town employee. In other words "cost cutting", in general, may be looked at as a good thing from most people, but, as a "bad thing" to someone who feels that their job is threatened.

OK, so far, there are no town employees on this MB.

And, I'm not looking for hearsay, ie "I think so and so must be an employee", I'm looking for people who are upfront and honest about it.
    I've never hidden the fact that I'm a town employee. Now who are you and what's your agenda? Don't be surprised if very few answer your question. There is always a chance at retribution. My job shouldn't be in jeopardy if you believe what your favorite leader said. Problem is, he lies.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I don't blame The Rising for asking that question. A lot of the posters on the Amherst threads claim to have "inside" knowledge not available to the general public -- and are pretty hostile when asked to share their knowledge or provide a source that could do so.

So, I've always figured if those posters aren't town employees they are mighty close to someone who is.....

Or, said posters who claim to have "inside" knowledge are just making it up...????
    Nobody is hostile Fan. It's just that you want proof from everyone except Mohan and his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    I've never hidden the fact that I'm a town employee. Now who are you and what's your agenda?
    Thank you for answering.

I think I already explained my reasons for asking; no reason to repeat myself.

I value what I hear from town employees. They are privy to all the warts and shenanigans from those on high. I would trust their comments more than the big guys. Also, with civil service rules, ie. ranking, titles, not many are in line to loose their jobs because the bumping procedure would wreak havoc. Mohan will slim down the work force by attrition. Employees are outraged by Mohan's lack of finesse, knowledge, and overall fumbling. He is not a leader, merely a provocatur.

Town employee

While I feel I have a right to remain anonymous I feel compelled to stand and be counted. I served the town of Amherst for 38 years. I have no reason to be anything but proud of this service. The reason I came to this site was originally to observe but I felt it necessary to speak up at things that I thought wrong. I do believe that as a resident and taxpayer in the Town of Amherst I have the right to opinions. As a town employee I stayed out of the political arena; now as a citizen I choose to express my opinions openly and this is an outstanding forum to do so.

I still feel that if I choose to stand up at a town board meeting what I did for a living is no one'a business.

Fan,
    I noticed that you didn't say anything about wether you are a town employee or connected some how.

Fan,
    You're right about a lot of posters on the Amherst threads claim to have inside knowledge not available to the general public. There is one reason for that. That's because they do! You would be amazed to find out who everyone is. I'm sure you know some of them yourself. People range from laborers through TB member, and those that have day to day dealings with the powers to be. Pay attention to how things are said, You will figure them out. Right Gan, we did!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information