Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Houghton College site to become seniors’ community

Not that it that it would make a difference.....

......in fact, there wasn't much that she did that made a difference (anyone remember the boat launch/fishing dock off Mineral Springs Rd.?........didn't think so !). But for the record, Your legislator Tina W. Bove lives within a stones throw of this proposed Senior home complex. She appears to be mum on this, unlike she was with the credit union that use to be right next to her home (the one with the paint stain that appeared during her Supervisor race, how convenient) that was at Willowdale and Union Rd. across from the Southgate Plaza exit by Market in the Square.

If you haven't already, I say you give her a call on this matter.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    ......in fact, there wasn't much that she did that made a difference (anyone remember the boat launch/fishing dock off Mineral Springs Rd.?........didn't think so !). But for the record, Your legislator Tina W. Bove lives within a stones throw of this proposed Senior home complex. She appears to be mum on this, unlike she was with the credit union that use to be right next to her home (the one with the paint stain that appeared during her Supervisor race, how convenient) that was at Willowdale and Union Rd. across from the Southgate Plaza exit by Market in the Square.

If you haven't already, I say you give her a call on this matter.
    Paint Stain/throwing was during the downsizing.

She shouldn't be mum on this issue, going to call Mary P and ask her get Tina's opinion on the situation.
    Last edited by wnyfuture; April 19th, 2010 at 11:46 PM.

Not sure where you are going with this. What relevance does a county legislator's position on a zoning issue have?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Not sure where you are going with this. What relevance does a county legislator's position on a zoning issue have?
    She lives near the site, she represents West Seneca, and this is a big issue in West Seneca. Ut oh, there ya go, defending your girl, Tina, didn't you have a Bove sign on your lawn, last election?

Tina was also behind his lawsuit against the downsizing.

Break time post:

First, Tina was not behind my lawsuit, she may have liked to see it succeed but that is it. At the time of my lawsuit even if it succeeded Tina would not have benefitted from it because she was already running for County Leg.

Second, I had a Bove sign on my lawn for the democratic primary (I am a Republican) because I absolutely did not want Wroblewski to have a shot of being re-elected. I had a Wirth sign on my lawn for the General Election and in fact I collected signatures for him to get on the ballot.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

A political higher up can't have influence ?

At the time of my lawsuit even if it succeeded Tina would not have benefitted from it because she was already running for County Leg.
    She knew the lawsuit was loser. Her friend in high places who prodded her to run for legislator told her so. Simple truth is even if the downsizing failed, Tina still wasn't going to let the opportunity of using West Seneca voters slip by to head for political greener pastures.

Ironically, (hypocritically) as soon as the invite was extended, she uses legislative downsizing as her mantra for electing her.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    A political higher up can't have influence ?
    How do you figure that she is higher up? She is still only 1 out of 15.

She knew the lawsuit was loser. Her friend in high places who prodded her to run for legislator told her so.
    Whether it was a loser or not at the time was a matter of opinion and a fair ground for litigation. In fact even Mr. Piotrowski was so unsure of the outcome he approached us in an effort to settle it before arguments were even over.

Simple truth is even if the downsizing failed, Tina still wasn't going to let the opportunity of using West Seneca voters slip by to head for political greener pastures.
    This may be an accurate opinion.

Ironically, (hypocritically) as soon as the invite was extended, she uses legislative downsizing as her mantra for electing her.
    Downsizing the ECL is radically different than downsizing a town board. I was opposed to the WSTB downsizing but I am for downsizing the ECL.
    Last edited by dtwarren; April 21st, 2010 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Tina was also behind his lawsuit against the downsizing.
    The lawsuit against the downsizing also contained other challenges ( See: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79669 ) Are you going to say she was behind it if we are successful in ending the in lieu of stipend for health insurance, etc. as well?
    Last edited by dtwarren; April 21st, 2010 at 06:16 AM.

This discussion about Tina Bove is highly relevant to the Houghton College problem -- thank you so much.

If you people are freaking out this much about some lower income seniors moving into town, you should:

a) pray to God that when you get to be that age, your fixed income doesn't put you into that dreaded "low-income" category

and

b) wait for the next shoe to drop - what do you expect will happen with the State land on East and West Road, when they complete the close-down of that campus? Have you started working on your excuses for that one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    If you people are freaking out this much about some lower income seniors moving into town, you should:

a) pray to God that when you get to be that age, your fixed income doesn't put you into that dreaded "low-income" category

and

b) wait for the next shoe to drop - what do you expect will happen with the State land on East and West Road, when they complete the close-down of that campus? Have you started working on your excuses for that one yet?
    You miss the point it's about location, location, location! Move it to somewhere else where it fits better with the surrounding area. Why destroy a park like setting for multi-story apartment buildings? If that's okay move them to the Burchfield sight. And do you think there will be just two of them on this sight? Why doesn't he propose a patio home style development? Can't these be low income? Where does it say that Brian's building is low income rentals anyway? They are not. His building will occupy the largest portion of this project with 130 + units.
    Build it where there is a bus route in walking distance from the front door. Grandma will need a ride to Union Rd. to catch a bus at a non-existent bus stop.
    Thank you for your interest in West Seneca. Why not move into town?
    Last edited by CantKeepaSecret; April 21st, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CantKeepaSecret View Post
    You miss the point it's about location, location, location! Move it to somewhere else where it fits better with the surrounding area.
    I miss the point? Really?

Union Road is the most heavily traveled road in the town - would you prefer this type of project be on a quiet street?

Why destroy a park like setting for multi-story apartment buildings? If that's okay move them to the Burchfield sight.
    a) My post was about the State property on East & West Road - that's also a park-like setting. But, it's much larger, and, on, a less busy street. So, what excuses will you folks have lined up when that sells?

b) You're pretty much admitting that you want that privately-owned park-like setting to stay as a park-like setting. Unfortunately, you don't own it.

Why doesn't he propose a patio home style development?
    You just said you want a park-like setting. Patio homes are park-like??

But, the answer to your question is simply because he doesn't want to.

Grandma will need a ride to Union Rd. to catch a bus at a non-existent bus stop.
    That will be Grandma's problem, not yours. The property is on a bus route, and you're actually complaining that the buildings will be too far from the road??
    If the buildings were close to the road, you'd be complaining that it's ruining the park-like setting.

Thank you for your interest in West Seneca. Why not move into town?
    Be careful what you wish for. You never know - I may be one of those low-income seniors that you folks are fighting to keep out.

Why not they you won't have to pay any town taxes either!

The point that I'm trying to make is there are many other better places for this monstrosity. Grandma can take care of herself? Maybe yours, I wouldn't want mine to suffer the walk to Union Rd. in the middle of winter, but that's just me being thoughtful. Do youknow who's currently housed at the Developmental Center? We will be a whole lot better off. Do you want to live next to the Marine Drive Apartments? I'm tring to be nice but you should look in your own back yard first. We will watch out for West Seneca. We are trying to bring light to all the town mushrooms. You are blocking the sun. Lead, follow or get out of our way.

Why not they you won't have to pay any town taxes either!

The point that I'm trying to make is there are many other better places for this monstrosity. Grandma can take care of herself? Maybe yours, I wouldn't want mine to suffer the walk to Union Rd. in the middle of winter, but that's just me being thoughtful. Do youknow who's currently housed at the Developmental Center? We will be a whole lot better off. Do you want to live next to the Marine Drive Apartments? I'm tring to be nice but you should look in your own back yard first. We will watch out for West Seneca. We are trying to bring light to all the town mushrooms. You are blocking the sun. Lead, follow or get out of our way.
    Keep fighting. But, you'd be best to choose your battles wisely, cause WS is setting itself to get a pretty ugly reputation right now.

Majeskis - no good for seniors
    Houghton - no good for seniors

And, we all know you folks will fight whatever eventually goes to the State property.

Yeah, I know who's currently housed at the Developmental Center. But, the State is getting away from that large setting type of thing. So, while you've been lucky enough to have those good people as your neighbors, the fun's going to end soon.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information