Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polanski for Senate!?!?

Polanski for Senate!?!?

Yea, this would fix the problems in Albany

Polanski: "If Stach Doesn't Run, I'm In!"
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor
    LACKAWANNA MAYOR RESPECTS BILL STACHOWSKI...WON'T CHALLENGE INCUMBENT..."VERY INTERESTED IN SEAT"...WOULD BE "NO RUBBER STAMP" FOR ALBANY IF ELECTED

Lackawanna Mayor Norm Polanski told NewWNYPolitics on Monday that he is "very interested" in the state senate seat currently held by Bill Stachowski. However, he also pledged that he "would never run against Senator Stachowski. I respect him. I know he's a very decent man. But, if William Stachowski were to get out, I'm definitely in!"

Should the two term chief executive of Lackawanna run for the 58th District state senate seat, he promises to contend based on a platform of bringing change to our state capital.

"I would not be a rubber stamp for anyone in Albany," he promises. "I believe that our state needs to change and I would run as the candidate of change. We have got to get the message out that we can not keep on spending money the way we have."

Mayor Polanski believes that Legislators should not be afraid to target both the education and health care budgets of the state, despite those who say these two areas should remain sacred cows.

"With regard to education, those who work in education in our state need to get used to doing more with less just like the rest of us," he suggests. "As for health care, it is well known that our medicaid program is the most expensive medicaid program in the nation. That has got to change. We need to find ways to cut the costs connected to our health care program, while maintaining needed services."

To those who say Norm Polanski could never serve in the New York State Senate, the Mayor has a ready response.

"They said I couldnt be elected Council President of Lackawanna," he recalls. "They said I wasn't well educated enough or smart enough to be elected Mayor of the City of Lackawanna. But, now I'm in my second term. People always underestimate me and I'm happy they do. I don't think you can find many people in Lackawanna who wouldn't vote for me again, who will tell you things aren't better in Lackawanna since I became Mayor."

While describing current Stachowski challenger Legislator Tim Kennedy as "all over the place, someone who keeps taking different positions on every issue," Mayor Polanski remains proud of his own accomplishments in office.

"I'm not a professional politician," he points out. "I'm an ordinary guy who has been elected to office to do my best to serve the ordinary, hard working taxpayer of our community. I'm the guy who exposed the Collins Administration's mistakes in sending out property tax bills. I'm the guy who is turning around Lackawanna. Once I got to Albany, I feel that I could find others who also want change who would be willing to work with me to turn our state around."

Yeah Right!!

This guy hasn't done a thing as mayor.Why in the hell would you elect him Senator. Kennedy has done more in his very little time in office than this guy has in his entire life. By the way Norm you won't even show your face around the city and you most certianly won't as senator.Keep dreaming Norm it'll be a cold day in hell before you get this job.I wonder what the heck you have been smoking.You are the most ARROGANT person I ever saw.
    In regard to education you Mr.Mayor want control of the School Board so you can create more jobs under your Friends and Families Plan.The existing gang of 4 have been streamling and cutting jobs but not your new gang of three.How do you explain this Mr.Mayor? I know you know everything that happens as soon as it is done or in the executive sessions. Answer this question please? Otherwise your just a old school politician who cares about nothing other than yourself....By the way Norm you would get your butt handed to you because you can't be a DICTATOR and in control in the Senate.All this crap about not spending money you don't have what a crock...you bought yourself an SUV and 2 new pick up trucks for a part time employee and gave out pay raises. How about our playgrounds and infastructure Mr.Mayor? You make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mnb811; December 8th, 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: add

He only wants it, according to the article, if Stachowski does not run again. What are the chances of that?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    He only wants it, according to the article, if Stachowski does not run again. What are the chances of that?
    Classic political move. He has been shootin his mouth off about this position around the city for a while now. He knows he can't beat Stachowski, so he comes out with this stance now that Kennedy has openly challenged him. This is a sorry attempt to win Stachowski's loyalists and maybe even Stach himself if he should choose not to run because norm figures he would be mad at kennedy.

Maybe Polanski could hire Tom Love to be the states top engineer!!

Sure, he could change the qualifications to suit him, buy him a truck, let him drive it to his other job and his house in hamburg in direct violation of City law that norm ignores about residency.

Oh yea, I'd like to see him go to Albany and pull the crap he did to Andrea Haxton. Probably wouldn't succeed with his bully tactics up there.

Has he earned his degree yet? Not only will the city be in shambles but so would the state!!

Do nothing jobs!!!!

Tom Love will have another do nothing job just like he does now.It'll probably pay 91 grand a year just like Mr.Stachowski's advisor Mr. Gallagher. I always wondered why a 25year veteran of the Senate needed an irish guy to help him understand how the Senate works. Oh yeah that good ol'skifactor strikes again! Hey maybe he could take Mr.jaworski with him too. The state is already screwed up and we would be rid of the THREE STOOGES that screw our city over constantly!! They can't really screw up the state anymore than it already is can they!

Post HaHaHa! I love this one!

"I would not be a rubber stamp for anyone in Albany," he promises. "I believe that our state needs to change and I would run as the candidate of change. We have got to get the message out that we can not keep on spending money the way we have."

"Not a politician"?!
    "Not be a rubber stamp for anyone in Albany he promises"?!
    "Change"?!

Yes, the truth is out, I take credit for teaching him the meaning of the expected/ proper fiduciary job duties/decorum of an enthusiastic, honest, and dedicated Elected Official! I will take my bows! Thank you!

It's always about party loyality. Being part of the mafia gang. It would be nice if a politician would actually represent the voters and fight tooth and nail to help his district.

No.. I can't buck the party!!.. No, I can't take a stand and actually mean it.. No, I need permission first.

Asses..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    It's always about party loyality. Being part of the mafia gang. It would be nice if a politician would actually represent the voters and fight tooth and nail to help his district.

No.. I can't buck the party!!.. No, I can't take a stand and actually mean it.. No, I need permission first.

Asses..
    Sooooo true!!!

I know you are talking about the mayor of lackawanna but when i first saw this thread i thought you were talking about Roman Polanski. I wouldn't vote for Roman Polanski for anything except maybe a life in prison.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    I know you are talking about the mayor of lackawanna but when i first saw this thread i thought you were talking about Roman Polanski. I wouldn't vote for Roman Polanski for anything except maybe a life in prison.
    I wouldn't vote for Norman Polanski for anything except maybe a life in prison.

What's the difference Roman or Norman they are both clowns.

Polanski needs to get his head out of the sand, He couldn't win another term as mayor. Does he really believe voters are happy with the job he's done, the people he's appointed. The only one's happy are the un-qualified individuals holding jobs because of his 'promises'.
    Polanski also commented about Swanson being un-qualified to be the head of housing authority because 'he's only a laborer' . Hey Norm...you're a plumber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information